New AAC ESPN Contract Value Poll | The Boneyard

New AAC ESPN Contract Value Poll

What will be the per school annual value of the purported new AAC deal with ESPN

• Slightly less than we are getting now. ($1M - $2M)

• About what we are getting now ($2M)

• Well it's a good deal so ... uh twice what we are getting now. ($3M-$4M)

• >$4M but < $10M

• $10M

• >$10M but < $15M

• SEC money

Results are only viewable after voting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is smoke about a new AAC ESPN contract. Apparently both Aresco and the Memphis president are happy with it. Let's assume that the current value is about $2M per school annually (I'm too lazy to research it). What do you think the new one will be?

Uh yes I understand that there is a big gap between $15M to SEC Money. Feel free to post your number, if you'd like.

CL82

Reaction Score
For them to have come to a deal this quickly in the exclusive window, I am hoping it is close to 10. Otherwise no need to take the deal now and not look at what is in the open market.
I actually feel like it is going to be @$10M but went with the over for the heck of it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Even if it’s “good” (say, over 10 mil) im afraid there’ll be a lot of bad.

A lot of ESPN+ games, a lot of Sunday vs NFL games, a lot of 6pm/9pm tips, and a lot of non-Saturday football games (for those schools in the conference that still sponsor football, y’know)

Hope I’m wrong

Reaction Score

A lot of ESPN+ games, a lot of Sunday vs NFL games, a lot of 6pm/9pm tips, and a lot of non-Saturday football games (for those schools in the conference that still sponsor football, y’know)

Hope I’m wrong
This is my fear. This would be a huge loss for the AAC

CL82

Reaction Score

Hope I’m wrong
Yeah, I'm worried about that as well but it made for too many permutations in the poll so I ignored it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Hope I’m wrong
I think it will be this too. They will pay us (relatively) well but to fill out their lower tier channels and time slots with (relatively) high profile content.

Reaction Score
With the P5 all exceeding $25 million? I would hope we get at least half of that ($12 million)

Reaction Score
Leagues trending up, I think ESPN realizes that too. I hate the everyone gets the same amount stuff. I’m sure the bottom half loves it but the top half of the league shouldn’t. They bring in all the money. ECU, Tulane and other bottom dwellers should not be getting the same amount of money as Cincinnati, UCF, Houston. Aresco gotta stop this and realize that the “national champions” UCF is getting the same amount to develop facilities and other things for football as ECU. And for basketball why is 0-13 Tulane which I don’t belive has aired on a network other that CBSSN all season get the same amount at UConn, Houston, Cincinnati, UCF who’ve been on ESPN and ESPN2 multiple times this year.

Reaction Score
There is smoke about a new AAC ESPN contract. Apparently both Aresco and the Memphis president are happy with it. Let's assume that the current value is about $2M per school annually (I'm too lazy to research it). What do you think the new one will be?

Uh yes I understand that there is a big gap between $15M to SEC Money. Feel free to post your number, if you'd like.
I’d be shocked if we did better than last contract. And don’t look for big money for P5 either. Too many cable cutters.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’d be shocked if we did better than last contract. And don’t look for big money for P5 either. Too many cable cutters.
I think that you are wrong only because last time contract was so undervalued there is room to increase.

Reaction Score
Here's my thoughts:

1) No one would be pleased if it wasn't a significant increase
2) The AAC is still in the exclusive negotiating window with ESPN, if it's a terrible a deal, why wouldn't you go to the market with it?
3) The ACC Network needs a ton of content starting next year (which coincides with the beginning of the new AAC deal)
4) Because of point three, that should free up some space on the normal networks for some AAC content on normal ESPN channels
5) My best guess is somewhere in the $8-$10M range per school.
6) There will be out clauses should Cincinnati, Houston, UCF, or UConn leave the conference.

Reaction Score

Hope I’m wrong
Well, isn't that a given?

Reaction Score
I'm guessing it may fall between 10-14 million per school. I have at least some faith in Aresco, but ESPN is sheisty so I don't trust they will "take care" of the AAC.

Reaction Score
Nope. We're in and hemorrhaging cash until the B1G's contract renews at least.

Fair, but when does it stop? I feel like if we get to the next round of realignment, and we’re still on the outside looking in, there will be people saying “we just got to keep hemoraging cash till this contract is up or this contract is up etc etc”

Reaction Score
Demographics are saying otherwise.

Look, not super optimistic over here; but, it is all but guaranteed that it will at least be more than the current deal.

Reaction Score
Might have been more interesting if you had cut the 4-10 bucket in half, say 4-7 & 7-10.

I think the number is in the $6MM range so I voted for the 4-10 bucket. This let's everyone from Aresco, to ESPN, to the Presidents & AD's talk about a 300% increase in revenues.

As I've said in other threads, I'm concerned about staying on the TV platform and not being shipped to ESPN+

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom