NCAAs officially canceled [merged thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NCAAs officially canceled [merged thread]

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It took a global pandemic to keep Geno from winning his 12th Title. UConn was playing the best basketball in the country. The Basketball Gods have been jealous lately.
No back-to-back titles for Mulkey. Tough blow, as a 3rd title would have separated her from the pack.
Boston & SC had a shot to win 4 titles in a row matching Breanna/UConn's 4 in a row. No way to match that now. Boston is a generational player.
How many sides of your mouth do you have?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Hey MS, if your Honey-do list runs out I have a 50 x 50 plot that needs some weeding. You can earn yourself some picklers and Brandywines when they start sprouting.
My wife is German and the Honey-do list has NEVER RAN OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
And the school will be on the hook to pay for 5th year students that are only there for the bball season and really not the "Student" part of Student\Athletes. But hey, it's 2020 and anything is possible when it comes to Colleges and Universities.
Oh, and they would have to fight for an increase in available scholarships too...
Most schools have their 2020 roasters filled and full. Unless NCAA allows extra scholarships otherwise where do you put those 5th year players?

Reaction Score
South Carolina is the number #1 team at the end. That means they are champions. nuff said.
Of course they are ReadROOster. And all those numbers you played for Powerball today are going to come in. And then when you hear a knock at your door and open it up someone from Publishers Clearing House will be standing there with this huge check with your name on it. And that's AFTER you got that email letting you know that you are the sole winner of the Nigerian Lottery. Don't forget to send them your social security number and bank account so they can deposit it next to that National Championship Trophy.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So how does NCAA decide the NC? By polls, AP, Coaches or just cancel this year's NC?

I would assume there will be no Champion this year. Would there be an NBA Champion if the season doesn't resume and there are no playoffs? The 64 team Tournament decides the Champ, not voters.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Most schools have their 2020 roasters filled and full. Unless NCAA allows extra scholarships otherwise where do you put those 5th year players?
I believe that is my point and why I replied to DeeHusky's post.

Reaction Score
I seen a quote from a school or conference administration stating they would fight for final year of eligibility. How do y’all feel about that?
How fair would that be to incoming freshman and actual seniors. Unfortunately, there is no solution which would be fair to everyone.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
“It appears our ‘unfinished business’ will remain just that,” Oregon women’s basketball coach Kelly Graves tweeted after the decision. Oregon was one of the favorites to win this year’s title, what would have been the program’s first. “Disappointed but I completely understand. I love & I hurt for my team.”

Kelly didn't declare his team National Champs like Dawn did? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
A disappointment. But now we get down to the important business: staying alive.

Seriously.

At Governor Lamont's press conference today, a doctor for the state said that perhaps 70% of all Connecticut residents will be infected with Covid-19. There will be two waves- one this spring, and another in the fall.

And given that the death rate is estimated at 1%, it means that we can expect more than 2,500 people in Connecticut to die from this over the next year.

Time to put the tournament behind us, and think about how to stay alive.

Reaction Score
I would have wanted to know the outcome of Tennessee, would they be in...or out? It would have been nice to at least have the Selection Show...it would give us something to preoccupy for the coming months.

One way to choose a NC.

1584056375949.png

Reaction Score
Quality research by Plebe. I have noticed similar actions by that poster. Perhaps an addiction to post about anything.

I could swear he/she reminds me of...I believe the name was "Volman" from another forum of years past.

Reaction Score
not sure what the problem would be in suspending eligibility and scholarship limitations if that's what the sport decided was reasonable.

I'm not really advocating for it, but citing to arbitrary rules as being sacrosanct in this situation is a little head scratching.

Reaction Score
As a true blue UConn WBB fan, I am claiming this years NC. In my mind the team jelled at just the right time and pulled off one of the greatest tourney runs in history. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!!

I support UConn's claim of the MDoggienational championship.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom