NCAAs officially canceled [merged thread] | Page 7 | The Boneyard

NCAAs officially canceled [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Good question Kaizen. They will probably explore all possibilities and, decide which one will bring in the most money and base their decision on that. I don't see how you could do it. I know the CIAC won't be doing any declaring other than perhaps league championships.
The CIAC is worse than the NCAA without a doubt!

Reaction Score
Boston & SC had a shot to win 4 titles in a row matching Breanna/UConn's 4 in a row. No way to match that now. Boston is a generational player.
Boston doesn’t belong in the same sentence as Stewart. She’s very good, but not a total game changer. I thought Ododa played her basically even, she didn’t play against Cox, and not sure she could handle Cox.

Reaction Score
“It appears our ‘unfinished business’ will remain just that,” Oregon women’s basketball coach Kelly Graves tweeted after the decision. Oregon was one of the favorites to win this year’s title, what would have been the program’s first. “Disappointed but I completely understand. I love & I hurt for my team.”

Class Act unlike Dawn!!!

Reaction Score
Of course they are ReadROOster. And all those numbers you played for Powerball today are going to come in. And then when you hear a knock at your door and open it up someone from Publishers Clearing House will be standing there with this huge check with your name on it. And that's AFTER you got that email letting you know that you are the sole winner of the Nigerian Lottery. Don't forget to send them your social security number and bank account so they can deposit it next to that National Championship Trophy.
Lmao!

Reaction Score
Heard one of the refs at one of the tournaments reffed and came down with the virus.

Reaction Score
Not sure how my last message posted. This will be an unbearably long off season. See you in the fall.

Reaction Score
Yes, it is unfortunate for the players. It is frustrating for the fans. Life isn't fair. There will be many disappointments in life. It's basketball and not worth exacerbating a potential public health crisis (not quite ready to call it a disaster just yet). I feel bad for those people that will miss their chance to fulfill their dreams, but to me thoughts of granting fifth years of eligibility and so on just reeks of the "participation trophy" mind set.

Hitch up your britches and move on. I'm sure many won't agree.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I hadn't even thought of this... but the Division II tournament was supposed to start tomorrow.... all of those teams... division III and NAIA as well.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I hadn't even thought of this... but the Division II tournament was supposed to start tomorrow.... all of those teams... division III and NAIA as well.

My beloved University of Providence Argonauts, a five seed, won three games on the road to win the women’s Frontier Conference tournament. It was their first conference tournament championship since 1985 (then they were the College of Great Falls), the last year they had athletics before taking a fifteen year hiatus. They were primed and ready to make a deep run in the NAIA tournament next week.

I’m just as sad for Jenna and Bailey as I am for Crystal, Kyla, Molly, Batouly, and Evelyn.

Reaction Score
Meanwhile Oregon State fans are so happy Oregon doesn't get a shot at a title, they are even wishing Phil Knight of Nike get this virus! Hoping illness against him!

Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 8.39.18 PM.png

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I'm just glad this happened during a down year for us.

I'll miss Danberry but her face at the South Carolina game sitting on the bench made it look like an omen. Seemed like she knew it was her last game by the way her face looked. But if that's the worst thing for us that was basically it. It's 10 times worse for South Carolina and Oregon. Tough break,, kids.

Reaction Score
Geno apparently interested in the seniors getting eligibility waiver.
I would hope they at least reconsider some of the injury waivers for an extra year they turned down. Kat Tudor was one game over the limit before her ACL injury and they turned her down. She missed early season games and actually did not even get back to form until the last couple of games. A player from Utah also tore her ACL on the same day and she never got back to close to the player she was last season.

The committee is still functioning under the premise that WCBB players are in it only for the scholarship. They do not consider that many are actually planning on professional careers. Those players especially need good Sr seasons. If they play their last season in recovery mode it hurts their prospects. College is supposed to prepare students for their futures and the committee not considering that basketball for many falls precisely into that category is an example of goal displacement.

I don't know if it is necessarily just to allow all Sr to return for their Sr season, but they should definitely consider the ones that were recovering from major injuries like ACL's.

Reaction Score
No back-to-back titles for Mulkey. Tough blow, as a 3rd title would have separated her from the pack.
She already won her third last season...2005, 2012 and 2019!

Reaction Score
Geno said he’s interested in seniors extra year of eligibility

Reaction Score
I'm curious how many graduating seniors would actually want to return for another season as opposed to starting careers or playing professionally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom