NCAAs officially canceled [merged thread] | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NCAAs officially canceled [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Not sure when you had this report or when it was dated, but on the CDC web page the current figures are:
  • Total cases: 1,629
  • Total deaths: 41
  • Jurisdictions reporting cases: 47 (46 states and District of Columbia)
So since your report deaths in the US have more than doubled. I hope your report was recorded more than a week ago, but the common scientific reporting suggest that spread of the disease will double every 6 days at its current rate.

What “common scientific data”? It has not doubled every six days in China, it would be impossible for any government to hide that kind of escalation.
The call was today and the data provided, according to the presenter, was as of Sunday. Frankly, your reply proves my point and that comment is not pointed at you by any means. I am not saying either of the numbers are correct, because I don’t know. That is the reason I put in the contrary statement because I know the number was in conflict with what has been previously reported. I am not confident that any numbers we are fed are correct. Frankly, I don’t believe any numbers that comes out of an organization like the CDC and one could say that is my problem and I would understand. Maybe I didn’t make my point very well but that is part of what I was trying to say, maybe with too much emotion.
I believe we live in an era of reams of data and very little real information. An era of data manipulation to serve purposes and agendas with very, if any, regard for the truth. That was the main point I was trying to make, maybe poorly.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I do feel sorry for Oregon's seniors - and ours. Our seniors are fortunate to have rings from their freshman year. Our underclassmen will have their opportunities, so I feel a bit more sorry for Oregon's seniors who have never even made it to the Sweet 16. Our freshmen will have opportunities in the future.
Who's your fact-checker?

Reaction Score
Still playing [and that's all it is. Don't take me too serious.]

You are right. "There is no national champion." However, there is a "mythical" national championship. I don't mind if Oregon fans claim a mythical "Massey Championship."

"Lost by 15 to Indiana." That's 20th ranked Indiana. Three days before facing defending national champions, Baylor, in the same tournament in the Virgin Islands

"hid out at home"
Beat Top 6 Maryland at Maryland
Beat Top 6 Baylor at neutral site
Beat Top 6 UConn at home
Beat every SEC team on the court assigned by the Conference. (While we are presently the best SEC program, we ain't Bama football and don't get to pick our schedule)

"barely squeaked by Temple." So what? We won by seven on their court the next game after beating Baylor.

Now. Let's consider:
Best Record in the nation - against #3 strength of schedule [Oregon #4] according to Real Time RPI Oregon #1 Scar #3 by Massey
Longest win streak in nation 26 games
#1 ranking by NCAA selection committee
#1 ranking by NCAA RPI
#1 ranking by Coaches' Poll w 27 first place votes to 5 for Oregon
#1 ranking by AP poll w 27 first place votes to 3 for Oregon

Should the NCAA award us a national championship? No. Should an official national championship be awarded to Oregon? No.

Can both teams (and mostly fans thereof) claim a mythical national championship - with corresponding asteriSteven Krajewski? Yup, and the arguments are all we have in the absence of real games.

I do feel sorry for Oregon's seniors - and ours. Our seniors are fortunate to have rings from their freshman year. Our underclassmen will have their opportunities, so I feel a bit more sorry for Oregon's seniors who have never even made it to the Sweet 16. Our freshmen will have opportunities in the future.

This season will forevermore wear an:

View attachment 51970

Peace everybody. I happen to enjoy argument that is friendly and recognize that it's all just opinion.
Didn’t Oregon go to the final four last year

Reaction Score
"past" the sweet sixteen?
Oregon's current seniors got past the Sweet Sixteen in all three of their seasons in Eugene prior to '19-'20. Most posters have learned not to debate Plebe's facts. He will call you out if you post something that is factually incorrect. Somebody needed to....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom