NCAAs officially canceled [merged thread] | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NCAAs officially canceled [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Does that mean the Bruins are Stanley Cup champs & the Bucks are NBA champs?

yep. obviously it means a lot less than normal years and the season is ruined, but they are champions of the ruined season.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Nope, No tourney, No Champion!
Earlier this week I opined that the Tournament be canceled and SC be named NC with an *, based on the latest polls and their longevity as No. 1. Obviously that was not received very well.
Now, I don't know but I believe that some of the Men's Tournaments that have been canceled are naming the Regular Season Champions as the 2020 Champions.

Reaction Score
Earlier this week I opined that the Tournament be canceled and SC be named NC with an *, based on the latest polls and their longevity as No. 1. Obviously that was not received very well.
Now, I don't know but I believe that some of the Men's Tournaments that have been canceled are naming the Regular Season Champions as the 2020 Champions.

If I'm not mistaken, college basketball always recognized BOTH the regular season champion and the conference tournament champion as official records.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I feel so bad for all the coaches and players. You work so hard at something and a totally out of your control circumstance out of nowhere intervenes.

Let's face it, we would have need a lot of luck to win it to this year. Just to make it to the Final 4. And we've seen our team win a title 11 times. Imagine being an Oregon fan. Their greatest shot ever to win their first championship and they won't even get the chance.
Yeah tbh I think the blow is heaviest for the Oregon fans. Ionescu is a generational player. Hebard has been their rock in the interior for 4 whole years. Plus Sabally and Moore in their last years.

Oregon will still be a force with their returning talent plus Sedona and Nyara plus a great recruiting class. But no influx of new talent can instantly replace the 3-4 years of experience and chemistry in the core of this outstanding departing class.

Then you add in the fact that Oregon was hunting their 1st NC, and the pill is even tougher.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sorry, there is no national champion this year. But there are some conference champions--unlike on the men's side. Everyone will have to be satisfied with the final polls. They gives teams their final status, but no championship.

The players I feel worst for are Crystal and Sabrina, as well as those who got into the tourney for the first time.

Yeah, we were a notch below the top 3 teams, but we seemed to have turned the corner and had lots of momentum. Well never know what would have happened.

Reaction Score
Boston & SC had a shot to win 4 titles in a row matching Breanna/UConn's 4 in a row. No way to match that now. Boston is a generational player.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I actually predicted your post if they canceled the NCAA's. No one can prove you wrong. But then again the ND fans are saying that they would have gotten invited to the dance and won it all and no one can prove them wrong either.

Unfortunately for Sabrina there might not be a WNBA season this year either.
The ND fans were ineligible for the NCAAs because they had a losing record. No dice on that one.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Boston & SC had a shot to win 4 titles in a row matching Breanna/UConn's 4 in a row. No way to match that now. Boston is a generational player.
There's an echo in here.

Yes, Aliyah had a chance to win 4 in a row, but so did Aubrey, Anna, Ashley Owusu, et al. Given that it happened only once, I don't think any team would have started a 4-peat in 2020.

Next year--if there is a next season--we have Paige and they don't.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If I'm not mistaken, college basketball always recognized BOTH the regular season champion and the conference tournament champion as official records.
So there are 14 AAC Champions banners hanging in Gampel?
I have never been in there, so I am now wondering...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Cancel definition is - to decide not to conduct or perform (something planned or expected) usually without expectation of conducting or performing it at a later time.

Seems clear to me. Frankly, who would want a title they did not compete for?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
After watching the PAC12 and SEC tournaments I believe that Oregon was the better of the two teams and would have won if they had met in the Tourney. But if there was going to be a team that didn't make it to the Final Four between those two I would have said it would be SC.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
It was only a matter of time. And now her twitter mob is mobilized as we speak. They’ll either get their demand or they’ll be marching with torches and pitchforks on NCAA headquarters.
Let them march, it's a long walk to Indianapolis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom