NCAA Tournament Day 3 Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There haven't't been been upsets since Day 1 but the amount of parity in college ball is crazy. There is very minimal talent difference between basically all top 11 seeds, save UK, UA, and Duke. On the same hand, its amazing how terrible the product is with the poor coaching, weak talent and even worse officiating. If there ever was a perfect time to dive into the NBA, its right now.

Reaction Score
please at least get a shot here don't pull a northeastern here

Reaction Score
There haven't't been been upsets since Day 1 but the amount of parity in college ball is crazy. There is very minimal talent difference between basically all top 11 seeds, save UK, UA, and Duke. On the same hand, its amazing how terrible the product is with the poor coaching, weak talent and even worse officiating. If there ever was a perfect time to dive into the NBA, its right now.

I can't stand the NBA.

Reaction Score

Yes most guys in college aren't good enough to be in the NBA.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
As tense and exciting as the end of this close game is, the stupidity and awful execution has been unreal

Reaction Score
Good to see the refs didn't call some sort of ridiculous foul there at the end. That's the type of tournament its been though.

Reaction Score
Ballsy move to go for that block on the 3. Could've easily been called for a foul.

Then again, it's ND, so maybe not.

Reaction Score
butler has to get a lead to give them a psychological edge, bad foul.

Reaction Score
That was predictable Butler lost once it got into OT.

Reaction Score
Wow. Another win for the ACC. The Big East was decimated between yesterday and today. The last team standing from the B.E is Xavier which will probably lose next game. I think its clear that the ACC is the top dog now (as much as it hurst to say it). Forget RPIs (which I used), forget KP. Big12 and Big East both fell apart when it mattered the most

Reaction Score
At least the last game turned out to be a good one. Although it wasn't a buzzer beater it was a nail biter with lots of drama.

Reaction Score
Wow. Another win for the ACC. The Big East was decimated between yesterday and today. The last team standing from the B.E is Xavier which will probably lose next game. I think its clear that the ACC is the top dog now (as much as it hurst to say it). Forget RPIs (which I used), forget KP. Big12 and Big East both fell apart when it mattered the most
A lot of the results has to do with matchups, but not exclusively. If you shuffle teams around, you probably get different results. Butler and Notre Dame were very evenly matched and very similar style of play. If you put these two teams up against some talented but undisciplined teams, they both probably win in advance.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Xavier's last two Round of 32 wins were over a 14 seed and a 15 seed. They are now the only remaining Big East team.

Reaction Score

People will inevitably bash the Big East following this weekend, but honestly, other than Villanova, everyone pretty much played to seed. Providence was a minimal favorite over Dayton, Georgetown was underdogs against Utah, and St. Johns never had a chance without Obekpa. Hell, Xavier finished sixth in the league and is now in the sweet sixteen - that alone should put to rest the notion that this is a mid-major league. That being said, Villanova nailed the league in the balls by flaming out in the second round - the league is already low profile and they desperately needed some recognition. A final four team would have done just that, and worse yet, their best team is now a punch line.

As for the ACC, undefeated is undefeated and there is nothing I can say to make that change. They have proven to be the best conference. But if people think there is this vast divide between the P5 and everyone else...I don't see it. The ACC could easily have three or four teams out with a couple shots/calls that went the other way.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Gonzaga and Wichita go down tomorrow, there will be 1 non-P5 team in the Sweet 16. 2-3 more years of that, and the P5 will take the tournament with them, and we will be gutting UConn's athletic budget.

Reaction Score
If Gonzaga and Wichita go down tomorrow, there will be 1 non-P5 team in the Sweet 16. 2-3 more years of that, and the P5 will take the tournament with them, and we will be gutting UConn's athletic budget.
Well then these non P5 teams need to step the up no? They can't expect UConn to win it every year. Jokes aside that Big East RPI didn't do them much good once the games started. Villanova as usual is the biggest head scratcher. Jay Wright is just a perpetual under achiever it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom