NCAA Tournament Day 3 Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament Day 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Same thing happened last year. Great seeds, laid a big egg.

The AAC hasn't done any better but Cincy was always going to lose to kentucky and if not for a bonehead ref, SMU is in the s16.

Yup SMU really screwed the pooch big time.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Tournaments like this take us a big step closer to a formal split of the P5 from everyone else.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

The AAC hasn't done any better but Cincy was always going to lose to kentucky and if not for a bonehead ref, SMU is in the s16.
Our squad from last year will always be able to say they are champions and for another two weeks and two days we can still claim that the current champion is from the AAC.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Who the hell could have predicted that with a league depending on perennial heavyweights like Villanova, Georgetown, and Providence.

If only we had past history to predict this- OH WAIT, 1995-1997

Reaction Score
Kinda boring tournament so far. What do others think?

Seems every team that has a chance to win or tie it with the last possession doesn't even get a shot off.

Then you have SMU which lost on a goaltended 3.

My Kingdom for a buzzer beater.

I'm watching the UNC Arkansas game and it's riddled with horrible defense and really dumb decisions.

Reaction Score
One of the best one-to-one athletic match ups on now - Qualls vs Tokoto, easily 2 of the top 5 fliers and athletes in college basketball this year. Fun to watch.

Reaction Score

Unfortunately, the only takeaway re: the AAC is that we have zero presence after Day 3 of the Tournament.

Reaction Score
Officiating flat out sucks in the tournament. Just saw two consecutive travel calls. I replayed both of them and neither look like travels in slow motion.

Charging and blocking calls have been all over the place this tournament as well.

Reaction Score
Granted it is hard to tell in fast motion, but sure looked like the Arkansas player got that ball on the way up in the North Carolina game. What was the great athletic way turned out to be a goaltending call. And the announcers even after seeing the replay were saying was a good call. I don't think so.

Reaction Score
I've seen so many stupid charges in the North Carolina Arkansas game it's ridiculous. You think these players would learn.

Reaction Score
And why UNC isn't running more clock with 2 to go, then fouling...the bad basketball is just mind numbing.

Reaction Score
UNC Arkansas game dumbest end of game coaching and execution I've ever seen.

Reaction Score
No denying it that in these Power 5 vs non Power 5's the Power 5 team clearly had more talent and athleticism. The gap has never been more on display.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I have ND beating butler and eventually UK (crazy, ya I know) but I didn't realize Butler was such a pesky bunch. I definitely underrated these guys. Kudos to that new coach taking over for Stevens

Btw (OT).....that tan girl in the Target commercials can get it, wow

Reaction Score
Granted it is hard to tell in fast motion, but sure looked like the Arkansas player got that ball on the way up in the North Carolina game. What was the great athletic way turned out to be a goaltending call. And the announcers even after seeing the replay were saying was a good call. I don't think so.
It looked like a bad call. Not to mention that the whistle was really late, after the ball had been rebounded. Goaltending should be called when it happens, not after you see the result.

Reaction Score
I don't know who I'm going to root for. Maybe a non-traditional. I could see SDSU beating Duke.

Reaction Score
If Khlaid El Amin was a forward he would be Roosevelt Jones. Same stocky, dough boy physique.

Reaction Score
I don't want UK having an easy path to the FF but you know what it I can't do it its way more fun to route against ND then for them, so go Butler.

Reaction Score
The Notre Dame Butler game is a breath of fresh air. Much better coach and played game than the North Carolina Arkansas game. Plus it looks like its going down to the wire.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
One of the best one-to-one athletic match ups on now - Qualls vs Tokoto, easily 2 of the top 5 fliers and athletes in college basketball this year. Fun to watch.

Just got back from the jacksonville games. All but 1 were great games through first and second rounds.

Qualls is ridiculous to watch in person. He looks like he is using a trampoline.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Is there grease on that ball all of a sudden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom