NCAA To Announce Preliminary Seedings Monday. | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NCAA To Announce Preliminary Seedings Monday.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I think if you use the Eye Test, the committee has the #1 Seeds Correct. Miss St only has one loss and the SEC is a tougher conference then the AAC. While I usually don't root for teams to lose, I wouldn't mind seeing Miss St lose one or more games down the stretch and get them out of UConn's bracket.

How bout we just root for somebody in front of MSU to lose and we can just both move up.:);)

Reaction Score
ROTFLOL thinking about Hail State travelling to Albany with UConn sitting and waiting with a #2 spot.

Vic better pack a big box of tissues and a case of Pepto.

Add in a little late season snow to keep ‘em locked in the hotel to think about it. Cuz there ain’t nuthin to do in Albany....NUTHIN’

UConn fans gonna be eatin’ Pie at Grandma’s on Central sayin’ bring it on.

Poor Vic. Pack a heavy coat, gloves and a snow shovel just in case.

A #2 seed in Albany may be the hands down best place to be.

Reaction Score
Well, these brackets will change a fair amount before the next reveal. Call me crazy, but I would love to have OSU in the same bracket with UCONN. Just don't want it to be a home court advantage for UCONN, especially if UCONN is not a #1 seed. UCONN could be a #4 seed, but if UCONN is in Albany, major advantage to UCONN.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Well, these brackets will change a fair amount before the next reveal. Call me crazy, but I would love to have OSU in the same bracket with UCONN. Just don't want it to be a home court advantage for UCONN, especially if UCONN is not a #1 seed. UCONN could be a #4 seed, but if UCONN is in Albany, major advantage to UCONN.
YOU’RE CRAZY! Just ask and you shall receive...:cool:

Reaction Score
I would LOVE to see that bracket come to fruition... though I know it wont happen.
It will serve Brenda right for scheduling all those little sister of the poor teams.
BTW, I would rather go to Greensboro than Albany. Sort of nostalgic.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It will serve Brenda right for scheduling all those little sister of the poor teams.
BTW, I would rather go to Greensboro than Albany. Sort of nostalgic.
Also, you can still purchase tickets for good seats in Greensboro. As for Albany, I’m sure there’s still some nosebleed seats available....:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think if you use the Eye Test, the committee has the #1 Seeds Correct. Miss St only has one loss and the SEC is a tougher conference then the AAC. While I usually don't root for teams to lose, I wouldn't mind seeing Miss St lose one or more games down the stretch and get them out of UConn's bracket.

The committee is stating pretty bluntly that they are not impressed with our resume.

1-2 against the other contenders (albeit all on the road), a few decent wins against the next tier, and then a slew of games against horrible competition. Factor in the eye test -- frankly, we spent 2 months playing aggressively mediocre basketball -- and it's no surprise that we're not considered to be in the top 4.

At the end of the day, if we're #5 on the S-curve and in Albany, it doesn't matter if we're a 1 or a 2, though (for now) MSU would have a pretty serious complaint and a chip on their shoulder over getting home court disadvantage despite being the higher seed.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
When all is said and done, I'm fairly confident that UConn will be a #1 national seed and placed in Albany.

I expect Louisville, Miss. State, and Notre Dame to get another loss (or two).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When all is said and done, I'm fairly confident that UConn will be a #1 national seed and placed in Albany.

I expect Louisville, Miss. State, and Notre Dame to get another loss (or two).
Your Longhorns could certainly help our cause by knocking off the Lady Bears...;)

Reaction Score
Portland regional is a joke. No way it plans out like that. I dont see Maryland, Iowa or NC State as viable threats come tournament time...whoever gets them as a 3 seed is getting a gift. SC/Miami as 4 seeds will be very very dangerous. Some of the better 4 seeds we've had in a while.
I agree. If this holds up, it's a free pass for Oregon to the final 4. No way should it be that easy for a team.

Reaction Score
Question for BY guys knowledgeable in seeding, if MSST go undefeated but ND beats Louisville in the ACC Tournament championship game would the committee drop MSST to the 5 seed. If the top 6 seeding was Baylor, Oregon, ND, Louisville, MSST, UConn would MSST play Louisville in Chicago and UConn play ND in Albany?

Reaction Score
I know Baylor played to be the #1 seed, but I looked at their schedule and they have 1 top 10 win. SOS is weak for them to be the #1 overall seed
By RPI, Baylor has the 5th best schedule. The only contenders with higher ranked schedules are Notre Dame and Stanford. Seems good enough for number 1.

Reaction Score
By RPI, Baylor has the 5th best schedule. The only contenders with higher ranked schedules are Notre Dame and Stanford. Seems good enough for number 1.
They beat South Carolina 18/19 at the time, Texas (12), Arizona State 23, and UConn (1) ...tell me how is that good enough for number 1 lol

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Im a fan of Wes Moore and NC State but I dont' think they will hang on to a top 4 seed. I could see them sliding out easily. Toughest part of their schedule is yet to be played in the ACC. Also if Oregon State splits with Oregon I could see them move up a seed line. Oregon should beat them but thats an intense rivalry and records don't matter.

Reaction Score
They beat South Carolina 18/19 at the time, Texas (12), Arizona State 23, and UConn (1) ...tell me how is that good enough for number 1 lol
Among the teams with only 1 loss, Baylor has the most difficult schedule. Therefore, Baylor has earned the number 1 ranking. That little resume you wrote up for Baylor is pretty good, especially considering that 3 of those wins were on the road. A case could be made for Oregon or Louisville, but they are pretty much equal. It's not like there are teams out there with 5 top 10 wins.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Your Longhorns could certainly help our cause by knocking off the Lady Bears...;)
I'd love for us to beat Baylor, but I don't think that would help UConn. Baylor is in the best position to remain a #1 seed even with a loss or two.

I have no issue with Baylor being on top in the reveal. Mulkey seemed to have learned form last season's weak non-conference schedule.

Reaction Score
Im a fan of Wes Moore and NC State but I dont' think they will hang on to a top 4 seed. I could see them sliding out easily. Toughest part of their schedule is yet to be played in the ACC. Also if Oregon State splits with Oregon I could see them move up a seed line. Oregon should beat them but thats an intense rivalry and records don't matter.
If OSU is to win a game vs UO this season, the best chance of that happening is Monday, Feb. 18, at Gill Coliseum. There are not many (even die hard OSU fans) who believes that is in the cards. But, the rivalry is for real, and, I'm expecting a sold out stadium at Gill Coliseum, a very difficult venue for the opponents. Having said that, OSU has a tough schedule after the Oregon games, with USC/UCLA at home, then having to go to the Arizona schools to finish out the PAC-12 schedule. It is conceivable that OSU could lose 3 of the next 6 games.

Reaction Score
Among the teams with only 1 loss, Baylor has the most difficult schedule. Therefore, Baylor has earned the number 1 ranking. That little resume you wrote up for Baylor is pretty good, especially considering that 3 of those wins were on the road. A case could be made for Oregon or Louisville, but they are pretty much equal. It's not like there are teams out there with 5 top 10 wins.
Hopefully they can get over the hump this year with that untested schedule.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they can get over the hump this year with that untested schedule.
I'm still not understanding why you think Baylor is untested. Only 4 teams have played a more difficult schedule. That would also seem to imply that UConn is not a test.

Reaction Score
I don’t agree a 2 or 1 seed in Albany is the same for UConn. I’d rather not have to face Oregon St & MS St just to reach the FF. Facing just Ms St. will be difficult enough.

We need some help from other teams to make the road a little easier. Not saying we can’t do it but I’d just rather that not be the case.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Question for BY guys knowledgeable in seeding, if MSST go undefeated but ND beats Louisville in the ACC Tournament championship game would the committee drop MSST to the 5 seed. If the top 6 seeding was Baylor, Oregon, ND, Louisville, MSST, UConn would MSST play Louisville in Chicago and UConn play ND in Albany?
If ND runs the table from here on out and beats Louisville again in the process, it'll be a close call. They'll have a ton more quality wins than MSU, including 3 wins that will be better than MSU's best win. But they also have those two upset losses. The committee could go either way on that one, but I suspect they'd give the edge to ND.

If the top 6 are as you describe, ND would be the team sent to Chicago and Louisville to Albany. They assign sites in the order of the S-curve. I suspect MSU would be sent to Chicago in that instance so that UConn could take the drive to Albany. This would be the geography-based decision and, based on their preview last night, they are very willing to favor geography even if it's at the expense of competitive balance.

Reaction Score
MSU would have a pretty serious complaint and a chip on their shoulder over getting home court disadvantage despite being the higher seed.

IF the committee has us a #1 seed and sends us to Albany with UConn there, I think they are saying that they don't see much difference between the 2 teams. The teams are probably 4A and 4B for overall seeding.

Having said that... no number 1 seeds want to play UConn in Albany, Notre Dame in Chicago, or Oregon in Portland (if UO drops a couple of games).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom