NCAA: Committee on Infractions could not conclude UNC violated NCAA rules | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NCAA: Committee on Infractions could not conclude UNC violated NCAA rules

Reaction Score
With all the other horseshit going on in Washington, we might as well have Congress start an inquiry into the NCAA too. They looked into steroid use in MLB, so why not this corrupt clown show that is the NCAA?

That would be one rich shitshow!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Get ready for every school to start offering bs courses. Nice precedent setting, NCAA. Morons.

I get that, but as a school, you still have to worry about accreditation issues. UNC skated, but it's not worth the bad PR, never mind the overall scholastic risk.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I knew with every fiber of my being this was going to happen, but seeing it in print is just infuriating. What a f@#$ing joke the NCAA is. And yes, the contrast to the UCONN thing bothers the hell out of me as well.

Reaction Score
Part of the problem is that there was a tutor tha fed the media beast for several years. She claimed she did academic research and found football players were writing at 4th-grade levels and that four-line paragraphs were turned in as final essays. She was the beating heart of the outrage. Turned out she was making up her work while also pushing a business venture and a book deal. No one who investigated could find anything approximating what she was sharing, and she dropped off the radar even while the media narrative she framed stayed intact.

Unable to find evidence for her allegations, the NCAA was left trying to decide if the -Am department was substandard academically, something they are wholesale unqualified for. Opting to skip the part where they decide to tell a university how to be a university, they had the impermissible benefit card. Which is a huge card (UNC once got dinged when a player spent two nights on a couch). But it also is a difficult one to pull off when you ignored similar cases at Michigan and Auburn. Incidentally the NCAA allows athletic departments to run college credit courses available only to athletes. Walking that tightrope between those two mine fields would have been possible but also could have been appealed and litigated. I'm assuming the NCAA wants to save its war chest for AAU-maggedon.

There was much more to it than this. They had the assistant basketball coaches caught redhanded actually discussing the fake classes with the athletic adviser (not the assistant you speak of).

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Get ready for every school to start offering bs courses. Nice precedent setting, NCAA. Morons.

Exactly, and they are suppose to be students first. The NCAA/ college athletics system is sick.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
What a clown show... The NCAA should charge itself with lack of institutional control... Complete overhaul is coming but nothing will really change.
That's perfect. They have cited everyone but the untouchables with that catch all charge and now they're the guilty ones. It fits to a T.

Reaction Score
UNC gets off.. wow... I've already got it out of my system... It's not good for the sport as a whole though.. not good at all.. Sad actually...

Reaction Score
Can we stop pretending with the "student athlete" nonsense the NCAA keeps pushing? UConn was banned because of poor grades in legitimate classes. UNC has fake grades in fake classes and there's no penalty?

Let's be honest folks, do you really think no-show classes and 1 paragraph final papers are really aimed at helping regular students get good grades? It's a sad day for college athletics. Cheaters are cheaters and should be treated with the same heavy hand, regardless of if those benefits were obtained through payoffs or in the classroom.

Reaction Score
There was much more to it than this. They had the assistant basketball coaches caught redhanded actually discussing the fake classes with the athletic adviser (not the assistant you speak of).
With UNC's academic adviser specifically for the Tarheels basketball team, correct? Not just any ole tutor, correct? And, then poo poo'd by others in UNC's athletic department, an academic department, and university administration. Correct? When the apple's rotten ...

Reaction Score
I think the NCAA is ruining my UCONN fandom. Hard to pay attention to a sport being run like this. I don't want to be complicit in this sham. Call me dramatic but this is a joke. I can't imagine watching any not UCONN game. Well maybe if I am gambling.

Reaction Score
Everyone we can still protest the NCAA and watch our Huskies, we just have to watch them on like russian streams illegally

Since I don't get any sports stations, I'll have to protest the NCAA I guess

Reaction Score
Where's the FBI when you really need them? Holy crap never mind the suspected slap on the wrist they get NOTHING? What a joke and Roy "Hey Boo Boo" Williams is laughing his a** off somewhere.

Our kids get a year for other student athletes failing to meet requirements on real courses while these guys get nothing when they were afraid to fail in real courses so they made up courses, but that's ok everyone is whole at UNC?

LOL speechless.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
With UNC's academic adviser specifically for the Tarheels basketball team, correct? Not just any ole tutor, correct? And, then poo poo'd by others in UNC's athletic department, an academic department, and university administration. Correct? When the apple's rotten ...

Yes, it was actually advisers and tutors. And the coaches discussed the fakeness of the course with them. And you're right, the concerns were tamped down by the AD.

Hey, they fired the professor, right? And for what? Because everything was kosher?

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I opened this thread thinking that it had to be a joke. Sadly, no.

I tell my kids, “When in doubt, do the right thing.” If only the NCAA felt the same.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
The NCAA is hanging onto its existence by a thread. The P5 conferences and their teams run the NCAA, not the other way around. This whole sham is just a reflection of that reality.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom