NBA Scout on Oriakhi | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NBA Scout on Oriakhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I'm speechless...
Wasn't sure what she looked like so I had to post a picture of her.

l.jpg

Reaction Score
She's got a great a** and better hands than AO to boot!!

Didn't want to get off the subject........;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I doubt AO will continue any further anti-UConn, anti-JC rants, so for me it has run its course and I have no further ill-will for AO.
If he does make an NBA roster, at least it will add to the count of UConn alums in the league.

His value to the 2011 championship team has been both undersold and oversold to the extreme in this thread...but he certainly did contribute and it was great that he played his best in the Final Four.
I wouldn't bet on that. People who try to lay the blame for their failings on others often don't change. I agree that once the NBA draft happens and this kid disappears, it will be a dead issue. Not until then, though.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Hey, he was a part of a great and thrilling run to another NC. That being said, he could have left with a little more class and dignity. I have no ill will towards him but like a lot of others here, I expect that he'll fade away. Quietly, I hope.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hey, he was a part of a great and thrilling run to another NC. That being said, he could have left with a little more class and dignity. I have no ill will towards him but like a lot of others here, I expect that he'll fade away. Quietly, I hope.
I tend to agree - he was part of a thrilling ride and a big cog in the wheel. But it's more than "could have left with a little more class and dignity". He and his father took potshots at the program and at JC, moreso the father than AO. Not going to rehash all the comments, but ONE of the reasons he left was because he wasn't being "developed" at UCONN, and the expectation was that he had so much potential and would suddenly be "developed" at Mizzou. Still wondering how that worked out for him, but a 2nd round draft pick would suit me just fine. Gosh Mr. Oriakhi - I guess maybe it wasn't all JC's fault...

Reaction Score
It is amazing that AO threads can go on and on at this point in time. His dad is a dick- he helped us get a NC and moved on and now we should do the same. It is not even interesting rehashing his faults as a player or his future prospects which are most likely located in Europe. If he does well we will get no credit- if he does poorly no one will care.

It's strange.

Reaction Score
It is amazing that AO threads can go on and on at this point in time. His dad is a - he helped us get a NC and moved on and now we should do the same. It is not even interesting rehashing his faults as a player or his future prospects which are most likely located in Europe. If he does well we will get no credit- if he does poorly no one will care.

It's strange.

He says as he rehashes his prospects?

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
I wouldn't bet on that. People who try to lay the blame for their failings on others often don't change. I agree that once the NBA draft happens and this kid disappears, it will be a dead issue. Not until then, though.

I wouldn't bet on that myself. He can definitely find a job playing basketball somewhere, so someone will always care enough to check in on him and post about it now and then. Some people just cannot resist, and what's crazy is that they think we still care like they do.

Reaction Score
You're kidding me on the dropped passes right? Or the walks, or the times he didn't run up court for defense? While we needed a big to play well we also needed a guard to help with kemba when double teamed and against the traps......we certainly couldn't count on AO to dribble, throw a pass or anything of the sort. So while Kemba was a distand #1 in importance and Jlamb turned out to be a huge #2 there isn't anyting crazy about putting AO and Bazz in together for a distant tie for 3. That's not hate that's reality.......the guy thrived off Kemba and jeremy did also......proof came the year after when Jeremy was okay and Ao sucked!! But Bazz was real good and this year he was damn good!

Look, nobody reads your posts about Alex and expects to see anything approaching objectivity, and rightfully so. Everything you post is an exercise in revisionist history with a kid who was the best big man in the program for a while, had some huge games in big moments, and helped us with a national championship. Coombs-McDaniel gets an inordinate amount of credit for a rebound that landed in his lap against Pitt, and no one mentions Oriakhi stripping the ball and feeding Lamb for the three that iced the win over SDSU. Fine, that's the way it goes.

But why can't you save your hyperventilations at this point? We get it, you don't like the kid, you think he blows, your butt hurts, whatever. But ranting about your distorted view of history doesn't make it any more real. The kid was a good player. He could have been better. He had some big moments and some small moments, and left the program in a way that apparently hurt your feelings. I think everyone gets that by now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's a thought....

Most of the forum threads about Alex O have some version of his name in the thread title.

If you're tired of reading about the kid, do not click the thread. If you're not, click away.

There are no quizzes here - you are free to skip some of the source material.

Reaction Score
Look, nobody reads your posts about Alex and expects to see anything approaching objectivity, and rightfully so. Everything you post is an exercise in revisionist history with a kid who was the best big man in the program for a while, had some huge games in big moments, and helped us with a national championship. Coombs-McDaniel gets an inordinate amount of credit for a rebound that landed in his lap against Pitt, and no one mentions Oriakhi stripping the ball and feeding Lamb for the three that iced the win over SDSU. Fine, that's the way it goes.

But why can't you save your hyperventilations at this point? We get it, you don't like the kid, you think he blows, your butt hurts, whatever. But ranting about your distorted view of history doesn't make it any more real. The kid was a good player. He could have been better. He had some big moments and some small moments, and left the program in a way that apparently hurt your feelings. I think everyone gets that by now.

Wow brilliant observation Big Crack.......here's a thought (taking one from Fishy)......don't read my posts about Alex if you have an issue with it, does that work for you? I promise from my end, if no one gives him credit for anything other than being a piece of the NC team which Kemba drove, I will stop posting and my revisionist history will be forever retired.

Funny I might think something you post is ridiculous and may even say something to the point in a thread only disagreeing, but people who feel the need to give someone a "time out" because they are always so correct make me laugh!!:D.............

Oh yeah and man did we suck for big men for a while if he was the "best"......never even thought about that!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

Well his butt may be hurt, but it certainly sounds like your knees are sore, or maybe Alex and AO Sr bought you some knee pads for Christmas
AO had a "good" Soph season, but any upward trend vanished that offseason, where his highest reb total junior year was 10 (and he only reached that twice) he avg 6.7pts & 4.1 rebs.....if he was our best big man (he might be the worst best big man in history)
But for me stats are trivial, what matters to me, is does the kid play his heart out, is he a good teammate.....does he give effort. Unless you were in a vegagtative state in 2011-12 and unconscious, you would clearly admit he failed on all of those criteria. He was a cancer in the lockeroom, with a me-first mentality. That's why he gets no respect in the boneyard. Ha, I can still see that face he makes complaining to the ref that he was hacked, while everyone is down court playing defense.

Reaction Score
Well his butt may be hurt, but it certainly sounds like your knees are sore, or maybe Alex and AO Sr bought you some knee pads for Christmas
AO had a "good" Soph season, but any upward trend vanished that offseason, where his highest reb total junior year was 10 (and he only reached that twice) he avg 6.7pts & 4.1 rebs.....if he was our best big man (he might be the worst best big man in history)
But for me stats are trivial, what matters to me, is does the kid play his heart out, is he a good teammate.....does he give effort. Unless you were in a vegagtative state in 2011-12 and unconscious, you would clearly admit he failed on all of those criteria. He was a cancer in the lockeroom, with a me-first mentality. That's why he gets no respect in the boneyard. Ha, I can still see that face he makes complaining to the ref that he was hacked, while everyone is down court playing defense.

Oh geez sammy where's you "objectivity" on AO? C'mon man, best big man for a while (he must've been for at least a 1/2 a game) and you doubt his heart? Just because he called the coach who won him a NC ring a "mumu" doesn't mean he was a bad kid, they all do that!!:confused:............

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
you must not have seen any of our games this past year

No, I watched'em all...... I saw effort, a team first mentality, and a will to win from our big men......AO can keep his 6pt4reb avg in the show me state

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom