NBA Post-Season Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

NBA Post-Season Thread

Reaction Score
I was just talking to my friend about this today.

If Kelly Olynyk doesn't cheap shot Love and rip his arm off.....the Cavs probably win in 2015 too.

The Dubs are ringless....does Durant even go there? How do we view the Warriors now? What is Steph's legeacy?

Moral of the story? Kelly Olynyk stopped Lebron when no one else could. ;)

Yeah there weren't a couple totally wonky things in last year's finals that helped the Cavs come back from 3-1. Holy hell the LeBron huffing is strong here.

I'm skeptical this finals series ends up being the epic matchup everyone is hoping for. Dubs win in anticlimatic fashion.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah there weren't a couple totally wonky things in last year's finals that helped the Cavs come back from 3-1. Holy hell the LeBron huffing is strong here.

I'm skeptical this finals series ends up being the epic matchup everyone is hoping for. Dubs win in anticlimatic fashion.

No question.

Curry was clearly still hurt. Bogus got hurt and draymond continued his weird obsession with male genetalia.

But how much of that changes if the dubs lose to a Full strength cavs deal in 2015? The 2 injuries still likely happen. Does draymond's idk.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Idk man, I'm the one with a link to confirm.

The only team of any consequence he had to beat was a slightly past their prime Pistons squad that never had a superstar to begin with. Sure, LeBron turned the Cavs from a would be dumpster fire into a respectable team, but that's not really much different from what Russ Westbrook did this year.

Right on point
Anybody who says James isn't great is crazy BUT it becomes much easier when you play on teams with 2 or 3 other AllStars
Regardless of what some "genius" terms as folks like me as "old school heads", this old schooler has seen more basketball and longer than some proclaimed lovers of the NBA have been alive
To each their own
LJ is great but so wasn't Bird, Magic, Dr J, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and a host of others but nobody won more than Bill Russell or had more impact than Wilt and Bill - nobody

Reaction Score
Idk man, I'm the one with a link to confirm.

I'm not debating the LeBron vs. MJ thing. In my ming it's MJ and LeBron has a lot of work to go to catch up.

But...I mean, why are you debating MJ's age in the Bucks series?

Michael Jordan was born on February 17, 1963.

His Bulls played the Bucks. April 19-April 26, 1985.

I don't need a link to know MJ's age in that series. It's math versus a very good website that only has one age listed per player per year when we all know that people are often more than one age during the season.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score

The Lebron huffing is real here?

In your post you are actively going out of your way to ignore the very 2015 series you cited as being legendary. The cognitive dissonance is real.

Reaction Score
I'm not debating the LeBron vs. MJ thing. In my ming it's MJ and LeBron has a lot of work to go to catch up.

But...I mean, why are you debating MJ's age in the Bucks series?

Michael Jordan was born on February 17, 1963.

His Bulls played the Bucks. April 19-April 26, 1985.

I don't need a link to know MJ's age in that series. It's math versus a very good website that only has one age listed per player per year when we all know that people are often more than one age during the season.

BB Ref > You.

Just kidding. Not sure why you're stuck on the age factor. Glad you're not jumping on the LeBron as the absolute GOAT premature hype narrative.

Reaction Score
The Lebron huffing is real here?

In your post you are actively going out of your way to ignore the very 2015 series you cited as being legendary. The cognitive dissonance is real.

I haven't really said anything about the 2015 series. It's impossible to speculate what would have happened if Love and Kyrie didn't both get hurt. I felt like GSW would have won in 7 but who knows.

Reaction Score
No question.

Curry was clearly still hurt. Bogus got hurt and draymond continued his weird obsession with male genetalia.

But how much of that changes if the dubs lose to a Full strength cavs deal in 2015? The 2 injuries still likely happen. Does draymond's idk.

If GSW would have lost in 2015 they'd basically be the Peyton Manning or Arod (before they won) of the NBA. Phenomenal regular seasons and no titles.

Reaction Score
MJ was 21 in that series, you are wrong: http://www.basketball-reference.com...rn-conference-first-round-bulls-vs-bucks.html

You've been one of the people trying to call that 2 year Spurs run an all time great team when they simply aren't.

Did you even click any of the links to those 3 playoff series? You have legitimately 0 argument to make that MJ played markedly below his standards.

Duncan was not a top 10-15 player at that time, but feel free to point out any relevant statistics that say otherwise: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014_leaders.html

The difference between what I said about Wade and what you're saying about Duncan are that I'm actually providing stats to back my opinions up. You're just providing anecdotes.

Not sure why you're quoting me and including the bit about the eras MJ and LeBron played in. I haven't said a word about that.

Show me where I called that Spurs team an all-time great team? I said one of the best in recent memory, so while I get while you could have interpreted that as such, I did not intend to insinuate that they were the '96 Bulls.

I didn't click on your links because I already went back and looked at all the game logs before responding to your post. I'm not sure how you can say he did not play below his standards when he averaged 45 a game the series prior against Cleveland and then 27 a game in the Detroit series. Over the same amount of games he scored nearly 100 fewer points. In '89 he averaged 38 a game in the series against Cleveland and New York and then 30 against Detroit. Both times, his field goal percentage dropped, and in games four and five against Detroit - with his team nursing a 2-1 series lead - Michael hit a combined nine field goals. If that sounds familiar it's because it's basically the same thing that happened to LeBron against Boston in 2010 and he got killed for it.

None of those stats are likely to depict Duncan as a top 10 or 15 player for the reason that he played 30 minutes a game. In those 30 minutes, he averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 blocks per game while ranking in the top ten in defensive wins shares, defensive rating, and defensive box +/-. By the time the Spurs reached the finals those minutes restrictions were waived and the point became moot.

Reaction Score
If you think it was all about skills and athleticism with Jordan, you are getting it all wrong. Simply put Jordan is by far the greatest competitor I've ever seen. It's what made him punch teammates in the face and what made him great, he simply would not lose.

Lebron is amazing, he has all the size, speed, strength and skills in the world but I've never gotten that insane type of competetiveness from him. Jordan was maniacal in that regard.

OK, but I think that competitiveness is reflected in his skill set and in his statistical output. There is certainly an intangible component to every great athlete that can be tricky to qualify, but to the extent that Jordan had it and LeBron might not is going to wash out in the numbers just as anything else - like talent or athleticism - would. Trust me I get what you're saying but we don't need to invent a separate category to reward Jordan for his competitiveness when we already have a stat for that called wins and losses. If in the grand scheme that's what makes Jordan better, fine, but I'm not sure how it is relevant to my point about how their games would translate to different eras.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Has the "This is stupid for the NBA to wait 1 week for the finals to start" topic already been discussed?

Because it is stupid and kills momentum.

3-4 days is all that's needed to make sure both teams are rested and give the nagging injuries some time to heal.

Reaction Score
It's predetermined with TV schedules

How does it kill momentum? People will be pumped for Thursday

The NFL goes 2 weeks before SB

Has the "This is stupid for the NBA to wait 1 week for the finals to start" topic already been discussed?

3-4 days is all that's needed to make sure both teams are rested and give the nagging injuries some time to heal.

Reaction Score
Show me where I called that Spurs team an all-time great team? I said one of the best in recent memory, so while I get while you could have interpreted that as such, I did not intend to insinuate that they were the '96 Bulls.

I didn't click on your links because I already went back and looked at all the game logs before responding to your post. I'm not sure how you can say he did not play below his standards when he averaged 45 a game the series prior against Cleveland and then 27 a game in the Detroit series. Over the same amount of games he scored nearly 100 fewer points. In '89 he averaged 38 a game in the series against Cleveland and New York and then 30 against Detroit. Both times, his field goal percentage dropped, and in games four and five against Detroit - with his team nursing a 2-1 series lead - Michael hit a combined nine field goals. If that sounds familiar it's because it's basically the same thing that happened to LeBron against Boston in 2010 and he got killed for it.

None of those stats are likely to depict Duncan as a top 10 or 15 player for the reason that he played 30 minutes a game. In those 30 minutes, he averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 blocks per game while ranking in the top ten in defensive wins shares, defensive rating, and defensive box +/-. By the time the Spurs reached the finals those minutes restrictions were waived and the point became moot.

Just going to give a giant nope to everything you said here. I posted links with actual statistics. You continue to ramble on with anecdotes. It's pretty clear you're just trolling at this point.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

I agree, don't have much more to add than it basically makes you forget about the NBA for a week.

Reaction Score
More about Kyrie getting hurt in game 1 of Finals and going down

Kyrie is the best pure offensive player in the NBA

Can't wait until Thurs, this should be fun

The correct answer here is KD, obviously, but I do think Kyrie is underrated.

Reaction Score
The correct answer here is KD, obviously, but I do think Kyrie is underrated.
Kyrie is properly rated. Flashy player, incredibly crafty and gifted on the offensive end. As a basketball player though he's a total liability defensively and is an okay facilitator. This exact Cavs team minus Lebron struggles to make the playoffs with Kyrie leading them.

Reaction Score
Kyrie is properly rated. Flashy player, incredibly crafty and gifted on the offensive end. As a basketball player though he's a total liability defensively and is an okay facilitator. This exact Cavs team minus Lebron struggles to make the playoffs with Kyrie leading them.

Let's not get carried away. Cavs would still be a 4-5 seed if you replaced LeBron with an average small forward.

Reaction Score

Fortunately for Kyrie, his best skill is the most important one in the playoffs.

Reaction Score
I agree, don't have much more to add than it basically makes you forget about the NBA for a week.

Think about how long it will with just baseball as the only sport to follow its a long 2 months where your dying for football to start.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Think about how long it will with just baseball as the only sport to follow its a long 2 months where your dying for football to start.
MLS

Reaction Score
Obviously, odds are with GS - more complete team. But anybody discounting the Cav's chance is bolder than me. They are going to have the best two players on the court in James and Irving. Those two are probably followed by Durant, Thompson, Curry, Green, 3-6. Then Love 7. Then a mishmash from 8-12.
GS has not been tested at all in a long time. Irving is the most clutch player in the NBA. Curry wilts in the spotlight. Durant is as soft as Green is hard. Green is a monster when it matters.

Should be really interesting. Cavs best chance is to win game 1.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

No idea what that's like

one is the greatest sport of all time and leaves me during the coldest, darkest winter months.

the other a poor quality product, corrupt organization, with less action that is stupid enough to not have domes despite playing in winter months.

Reaction Score
Just going to give a giant nope to everything you said here. I posted links with actual statistics. You continue to ramble on with anecdotes. It's pretty clear you're just trolling at this point.

I'm posting stats directly from the links you're giving me. I'm also not sure you know what the word anecdote means.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom