NBA Post-Season Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

NBA Post-Season Thread

Reaction Score
Don't get it, what am I missing?
NBA's twitter handle calling dave a fan , as if shumers a good comedian or something ...hopefully that was tongue in cheek but hard tell in a tweet like that.

Reaction Score
NBA's twitter handle calling dave a fan , as if shumers a good comedian or something ...hopefully that was tongue in cheek but hard tell in a tweet like that.
It's Chappelle, the biggest comedian in the world. Two comedian friends hanging out together, that was the joke.

Reaction Score
Cavs aren't pulling off the repeat unless Kyrie steps up and is able to be somewhat of an alpha by the time Games 5 and 6 of the Finals roll around. I don't want to base too much off of one game, but I think GSW looks too good for him to get away with more displays like this.
Kyrie is no doubt the key against GS but IMO he actually played well tonight. He was 10-15 with 4 threes and was able to get the ball to the hot hand in Love (who played his best playoff game of his career). Honestly it really all boils down to Lebron and if he even plays mediocre they win this game handily so I wouldn't take much stock into tonight. I'm just going to enjoy and not attempt to predict GS, CLE but i can say without a doubt A) Lebron won't repeat this performance and B) Neither will Love.

Reaction Score
It's Chappelle, the biggest comedian in the world. Two comedian friends hanging out together, that was the joke.
People just don't like shumer from the joke stealing drama and her bad special. I get it's a joke, clearly dave is more successful , but I'm not the biggest fan of seeing one of my favorite comics hanging out with a hack. Many agree if you examine the replies to that viral tweet.

Reaction Score
Stevens is one of the top 5 coaches in the league, guy draws up magic ATO like nobody's business. Also, smart is one impressive cat, perhaps a long term starter for ainge?

Only 23 so plenty of time to grow, but I'd brake on making too much of one hot night shooting. To this point in his career he's basically the Celtics version of Rodney Purvis.

Reaction Score
1. Good job Cs - way to take one. They earned it.
2. The moving screen on the last shot was hilarious - the screener looked like a left Tackle driving a guy behind the pocket. I know fans would have screamed "fix" if they whistled it, but the screener moved the defender 3 feet with a a two armed shove.
3. Smart is a head case. Rodney has wonderful equanimity.
4. Shumer is a no-talent azzhat, shameless joke thief.
5. Chapelle is right there with Carlin on my top of the heap funny guys list. Guy is brilliant. My favorite bit by him - "Saw a woman's mag at the grocery store. Cover said, '54 ways to please your man'. 54? What? There's four: suck my ______, play with my b---s, make me a sandwich, and don't talk so much." OMG.

Reaction Score
Good night for C's

Smart was great, AB with big shot, good minutes for Jonas, Brown just awful in a big spot

Tuesday will be tough

Reaction Score
Don't get it, what am I missing?

I would say in this situation I am probably the who didn't get it. My first thought was some 19 year old intern tweeted this out and didn't know who Dave was.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I'm a bigtime Cavs hater but have gained a new respect for Kyrie this series. He can get his shot whenever he wants and can hit from anywhere.

Reaction Score
On moving screens go review Gortat in the Wizards series, nothing unique about that last play. Horford wasn't screening Bradley's man (2 defenders followed Crowder to hoop), but preventing his own man from helping which is a lot less likely to be called.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Moving screens are like holding in football. Happens on every play it's just a matter of whether the refs feel like calling it.

Reaction Score
People just don't like shumer from the joke stealing drama and her bad special. I get it's a joke, clearly dave is more successful , but I'm not the biggest fan of seeing one of my favorite comics hanging out with a hack. Many agree if you examine the replies to that viral tweet.
I'm not a fan of her either but she is friend's with Dave.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How do you leave LeBron in with 3 fouls and let him pick up his 4th?
You mean the King actually has fouls called against him???
How dare these refs whistle the man who walks on water

Reaction Score
You mean the King actually has fouls called against him???
How dare these refs whistle the man who walks on water

It really is crazy. I've said it for years. They never call fouls on him.

As great as he is, when people start talking about goat status, they really need to take a few things into consideration. Like how crazy stacked every one of his teams have been since he went to Miami. Hes had two all NBA type guys on his team. And then a ton of very good role players for the last 6 years.

And how he hasn't had to beat a legit team to go to the finals in years (since the celtics big 3).

Honestly. There are a lot of guys in the league who would go to the finals every year in the east with the teams he's been playing on.

The guy is still incredible, but you can't just ignore those things.

Reaction Score
Next game is important for the finals. Cavs need all the rest they can get. While i don't agree that LeBron is markedly less athletic than he was 3 or 4 years ago, bounce back gets tougher as you age. If Boston takes it to 6, makes it less likely that Cavs can pull out a series against a rested GSW team.

In any event, I'm hoping for a series in the finals with everybody healthy. Enough of these blowouts.

Reaction Score
It really is crazy. I've said it for years. They never call fouls on him.

As great as he is, when people start talking about goat status, they really need to take a few things into consideration. Like how crazy stacked every one of his teams have been since he went to Miami. Hes had two all NBA type guys on his team. And then a ton of very good role players for the last 6 years.

And how he hasn't had to beat a legit team to go to the finals in years (since the celtics big 3).

Honestly. There are a lot of guys in the league who would go to the finals every year in the east with the teams he's been playing on.

The guy is still incredible, but you can't just ignore those things.

Just like they never called fouls on Magic, Larry, Michael, etc. As for "crazy stacked", those Lakers, Celtics and Bulls teams that I remember watching were loaded with great and good players so I don't know how you can hold that against anyone. I will agree that the Eastern conference has been full of "blah" teams that don't pose much of a threat to him, but that's on those teams to get better.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Lebron has not fouled out in his entire career

I think it's like 8 times. Jordan fouled out 10 or 11 times I think. Then there is Wilt who never fouled out. How the hell is that possible? Even if you accept the fact that most of the guys he was playing against were no threat physically, it still seems like he should have at least once.

Reaction Score
The NBA Stars No Foul rule is one of the big reason I stopped watching the NBA for awhile. Under David Stern, the NBA reminded me more and more that I was watching the WWF. Glad to see NBA refs maybe slightly more inclined to call the game fairly.

Reaction Score
Just like they never called fouls on Magic, Larry, Michael, etc. As for "crazy stacked", those Lakers, Celtics and Bulls teams that I remember watching were loaded with great and good players so I don't know how you can hold that against anyone. I will agree that the Eastern conference has been full of "blah" teams that don't pose much of a threat to him, but that's on those teams to get better.

All true, but a few qualifiers.

1. MJ, Larry, and Magic didn't use barreling through guys to get to the hole as a big part of their game like Lebron does. Also, we don't need to discuss the rule changes that make it impossible to play defense. I remember one play last night where Bradley was up close to Kyrie who was on the sideline. He just jumped sideways into him and hoisted a 3 and it was called a foul for 3 shots. The commentator said something along the lines of, "I don't love those calls, but the offensive player needs space. You have to give him space, you cant be up on him like that". And I remember thinking, umm yes you can. Bradley wasn't fouling him.

2. Lebron left to join the superteam and then went back to another one when he could see his sidekick D-Wade getting old, Ray retired, and the roster wasnt up to snuff. MJ, Larry, and Magic didn't.

3. They aren't a threat at all. I'm pretty sure Cleveland would make the finals this year if Lebron sat out. Since he left for Miami his teams have had better rosters without even including him than probably every other team in the East during that time except the Big 3 celtics. Its a complete cakewalk for him to get to the finals every year. His finals performance last year was legendary no doubt. But his path there has been a joke for years.

With all of this said, I recognize Lebron's greatness. He is amazing. And definitely top 5 all time. I just cant stand everyone fawning and worshiping him because his super teams beat the Hornets and Raptors and a bunch of other scrub teams to get to the finals.

Reaction Score
The Bradley play was a foul. That wasn't Harden jumping into a guy, Bradley had his hand damn near in the shooter's jersey.

I'm tired of hearing about guys jumping from team to team. Magic, MJ and Bird didn't need to even think about it because they had superteams. Kareem, Magic and Worthy on one team? Not to mention the other great players they signed or fleeced teams out of. Bird, McHale and Parrish? A great player in Dennis Johnson? I don't care how the teams get built, if they are stacked then they are stacked, period.

I also hate these arguments about Lebron barreling in, or Shaq pounding down on people. Bigger, stronger, faster. Use it to your advantage, hell he probably doesn't do it enough. At least that was the complaint down here in Miami.

This guy might be the best basketball player I have ever seen. He's better than Magic and Bird and Jordan gets the nod because it's impossible for me to go against the guy being totally fearless and dominating 6 finals.

I don't always like Lebron, and I was kind of hoping they would lose, but the guy is a damn juggernaut.

Reaction Score
3. They aren't a threat at all. I'm pretty sure Cleveland would make the finals this year if Lebron sat out. Since he left for Miami his teams have had better rosters without even including him than probably every other team in the East during that time except the Big 3 celtics. Its a complete cakewalk for him to get to the finals every year. His finals performance last year was legendary no doubt. But his path there has been a joke for years.

With all of this said, I recognize Lebron's greatness. He is amazing. And definitely top 5 all time. I just cant stand everyone fawning and worshiping him because his super teams beat the Hornets and Raptors and a bunch of other scrub teams to get to the finals.

To be fair the Pacers put up a very respectable fight this year, losing all 4 games by single digits and by a total of just 16 points (4 points per game). This was not the 20 to 30 point, per game, cake walk everyone including most of the Cavs expected.

They lost by 1, 5, 6 and 4 as a 7 seed (and just 5 points in 2OT a few weeks prior to the playoffs). Considering how (unfairly) stacked the Cavs are AND how young the Pacers are, they fought tooth and nail and did a heck of a lot better than 3 seeded Raptors who had 10 more wins than the Pacers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom