NBA Post-Season Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

NBA Post-Season Thread

Reaction Score
ahahahah. Dude, how much do you hate the guy?

I mean, if you had gone for, "he's not quite as," or maybe, "there's been a small dropoff," but, "not nearly as athletic" is tremendous!

I do hate LeBron but you'd have to be blind to not see that he's taken quite a big drop athletically from where he was 3-4 years ago. If anything it's more of a begrudging respect for LeBron to be putting up the kind of numbers he has this year while not being near his physical peak from a few years ago.

Reaction Score
If Draymond Green doesn't kick someone in the nuts, the Warriors win.

This team is better than last year's team. When push comes to shove, they have someone who can get his own shot whenever he wants against anyone. They really didn't last year.

IMO Durant was the best player in the league this year before getting hurt. That combo between offensive efficiency and how great he was defensively this year all while playing within his team was amazing.

This year's GSW is the most loaded team probably in the history of the NBA. Durant and Curry are 2 ATG's in the prime of their careers, Draymond is a borderline top 10 player, and Klay is a top 15-20 guy who has the 2 most important skills you can have in today's NBA. Literally anyone on this forum could coach this team to 60+ wins and an NBA finals appearance (at a minimum).

Reaction Score
IMO Durant was the best player in the league this year before getting hurt. That combo between offensive efficiency and how great he was defensively this year all while playing within his team was amazing.

This year's GSW is the most loaded team probably in the history of the NBA. Durant and Curry are 2 ATG's in the prime of their careers, Draymond is a borderline top 10 player, and Klay is a top 15-20 guy who has the 2 most important skills you can have in today's NBA. Literally anyone on this forum could coach this team to 60+ wins and an NBA finals appearance (at a minimum).

Agree with everything. It is preposterous to think this team is worse than last year when they had 1 weakness last year (a shot creator who could get a good percentage look whenever he wants) and KD is the best in the league at that.

As for anyone being able to coach this team - I agree, besides @JSM1970. I don't think he would give Draymond any burn. The team would still be pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
Agree with everything. It is preposterous to think this team is worse than last year when they had 1 weakness last year (a shot creator who could get a good percentage look whenever he wants) and KD is the best in the league at that.

As for anyone being able to coach this team - I agree, besides @JSM1970. I don't think he would give Draymond any burn. The team would still be pretty damn good.

There's no way anyone could think this year's team is worst than last year. They're probably not as well built for the regular season as last year and they definitely didn't burn themselves out to the extent that they did last year, but idk how anyone could think adding Durant to that core and having 4 legit studs that are all in their prime and can go 42ish minutes in a playoff game isn't the most ridiculous thing ever...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I do hate LeBron but you'd have to be blind to not see that he's taken quite a big drop athletically from where he was 3-4 years ago. If anything it's more of a begrudging respect for LeBron to be putting up the kind of numbers he has this year while not being near his physical peak from a few years ago.

As long as you acknowledge that his physical peak was so high, that this athletic drop off still puts ahead of the majority of guys in the league, considering his size/strength.

Reaction Score
I do hate LeBron but you'd have to be blind to not see that he's taken quite a big drop athletically from where he was 3-4 years ago.
What are you saying, exactly? Jump, quickness, acceleration, speed, hand eye?

Reaction Score
Bob Myers is a genius

He had limited resources after KD signing and surrounded it with very good role players at low #s

Guys like McGee, Clark, McCaw, Barnes, West, etc

These are the salaries of Golden State Warriors players this season

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Klay might even be higher were he on a different team in which he was allowed to be unleashed.

Reaction Score
But, in fairness, he has a good story where he can attract guys who want to compete for a 'Ship

Not sure these guys would take the same $$ to go play for the Nets or Mavs this past year

Crazy trade thought -- would Denver take C's #1 for Jokic straight up? I'd make that call

He's the exact opposite of Presti. Dude was in damn near the same situation, and spit the bit.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
But, in fairness, he has a good story where he can attract guys who want to compete for a 'Ship

Not sure these guys would take the same $$ to go play for the Nets or Mavs this past year

Crazy trade thought -- would Denver take C's #1 for Jokic straight up? I'd make that call

I wouldn't if I'm Denver. Jokic is unique. Would love to see him play with Ball actually. Passing off the charts.

Reaction Score
Luck isn't quite right. Golden State's weakness last year was that Draymond did a poor job of containing himself. He literally kicked multiple players in the nuts. He did it again, he got punished. It helped the Cavs win Game 5 on the road when all the momentum was against them, and then they were able to win at home and force a game 6 where they really had no pressure.

Curry had also been hurt since the first round or so...and he never fully recovered, and that combination, plus his sloppiness with the ball (another minor weakness), allowed one of the best handful of players ever to do what they do: win games and series they shouldn't by sheer force of will.

7 game series, Draymond played in 6, they lost 4....game 5 is just an excuse. They lost 3 games with Green and 2 at home (he played in 1).

If GSW wants to use Curry's alleged injury as an excuse for last year, they must accept a large asterisk for the title they won 2 years ago. Can't accept one without the other.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is the most despicable display in the entire crapfest of a postseason.

Reaction Score
Bob Myers is a genius

He had limited resources after KD signing and surrounded it with very good role players at low #s

Guys like McGee, Clark, McCaw, Barnes, West, etc

These are the salaries of Golden State Warriors players this season

Add Zaza to your list. That said, it is no surprise that players who were mediocre role players on mediocre teams become much more useful when they are on amazing teams. Which makes it even more amazing to consider what Presti managed (or didn't manage) to do. I think you could put a ton of mediocre players on this roster who would look awesome in the situation.

And it is helpful when guys like West and Zaza turn down much more money to ring chase for the minimum. I do give the entire organization a lot of credit in the way they have developed Clark. He hasn't played much in the post season but he is a legitimately good NBA player who was undrafted out of Belmont and couldn't even stick with the Jazz. And McCaw already seems like a steal in the 2nd.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
What's with the scars on Lebrons head? Get another hair plug injection?

Reaction Score
That is maybe the biggest surprise win I can ever remember. Major props to the Celtics. Smart was awesome all game but Jerebko gets my game ball, he changed the whole game with his toughness.

Reaction Score
What a win for the Celtics. I'm happy for that group, they're easy to root for.

On the other end, that is one of the worst games I've ever seen LeBron play.

Reaction Score
Stevens is one of the top 5 coaches in the league, guy draws up magic ATO like nobody's business. Also, smart is one impressive cat, perhaps a long term starter for ainge?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Pure guts game. It's not uncommon for a team to rally together when the star goes down but that was something else. Marcus Smart is everything Rodney Purvis fell short of being. Kept waiting for the Cavs to salt it away but it never happened. Guaranteed at least another game in Boston (not that the first two went great).

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Worst playoff game in Lebrons career. Giant balls from the entire C's team. Damn

Cavs aren't pulling off the repeat unless Kyrie steps up and is able to be somewhat of an alpha by the time Games 5 and 6 of the Finals roll around. I don't want to base too much off of one game, but I think GSW looks too good for him to get away with more displays like this.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom