• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So did Hal Greer. Both have about the same chance of doing it again.
Yeah right, the team that wins once was better than team that won multiple times before and after. That was a fraud poll back then so they didn't have to give the Celtics everything.

Reaction Score
Not really, but his comments last night did catch me a bit off guard. I think his body might be breaking down to a greater extent than people realize, and I don't under-estimate the toll of rehab/training at that age. It wouldn't shock me if he takes a year off ala Jordan at some point.
I think his ankle/foot injury is a lot worse than it seemed. Almost every time he would come down hard, he would show significant discomfort. Like he said in the postgame, they will reevaluate. He came back early so it probably didn’t heal properly.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Is there one person who thinks Lebron is genuinely considering retirement?
Translation of his retirement comments:

As Bronny can't play in the NBA until 24-25, the only reason I'm willing to put myself through the effort is to compete for a title. The Lakers, as currently built, don't have enough to compete so I need to threaten retirement so they either add more pieces (instead of a rebuild, which makes more sense) or trade me to a place that can make a run at the title.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
1685052769319.gif

i’d really be in shock if it’s not done tonight. mazzu needs to pull out a bag of tricks to outwork miami. OR tatum/brown play. nobody’s beating my man above

Reaction Score
No Vincent tonight the stars are aligning for the Celtics.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Celtics do NOT want to start their summer vacation early tonight
The better team is playing like the better team. I don’t know how they played such crappy basketball the first 3 games. Heat played great, but still.

If Boston wins game 6 I think they will head to the Finals.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
As much fun as a Celtics loss would be, it may be more fun to watch Celtics' fans eat their own spit after trashing Mazzulla.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
He's made some terrible decisions this quarter. Just some stupid shots.
He’s done that the whole series. Most of the playoffs really. Driving into traffic with no plan. But he’s playing good D and making shots.

Reaction Score
What's the point of challenging a charge call up 20 with 8 minutes left? Let the fans go home, Joe!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What's the point of challenging a charge call up 20 with 8 minutes left? Let the fans go home, Joe!
Because it, like several others, was a crappy call.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The Celtics finally playing ball. They've been this way all year. Winning this thing? It's not Inconceivable.

200.gif

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As much fun as a Celtics loss would be, it may be more fun to watch Celtics' fans eat their own spit after trashing Mazzulla.
That never rarely happens. I hit the Boston sports on the radio once in awhile due to muscle memory and yesterday either Sully or Pat was going on and on about the lack of heart and character of the C's. You know if they pull it out, Sully and Pat will never admit they were wrong. Best you'll get is "I was right at the time."

Reaction Score
Here’s something interesting Boston had the best odds of winning a dual championship, it’s never been done btw with NHL and NBA teams in the same city. MLB and NFL it’s been done.

Miami as 8 seeds have a chance to win it all. Miami crashed the Boston party with the Panthers upsetting the Bruins, now the Celtics have a chance to crash the Miami party in historic fashion no less.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Here’s something interesting Boston had the best odds of winning a dual championship, it’s never been done btw with NHL and NBA teams in the same city. MLB and NFL it’s been done.

Miami as 8 seeds have a chance to win it all. Miami crashed the Boston party with the Panthers upsetting the Bruins, now the Celtics have a chance to crash the Miami party in historic fashion no less.
When the Bruins lost, somebody commented that some past top losers at least lost to an eventual champion. Well, it seems the Panthers are legit.

The NHL and NBA are different sports in the playoffs. More so than MLB or NFL. I'm not sure that's good. The reality of the increased physicality is a de-emphasis on skill. It's worse in the NHL than NBA, but in the NHL you almost have to play like a 1990's NHL team, yet a team like that will struggle to make the playoffs in the regular season. Florida and Miami are both built for the playoffs.

One of the things Boston has changed the last two games is simply realizing that they can play physical as hell, foul a lot (as Miami has all series) and it won't be called. All those strip steals and reach-ins, those get called in the regular season. The Heat are no offensive juggernaut, so the impact has been pretty clear. So instead of complaining that your turnover happened because they hit you on the wrist, realize you can hit them on the wrist and steal the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom