Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I'm so glad to have watched last night's game!

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I was entering the game kinda rooting for Heat to get the upset, but the Celtics' comeback has now gotten me rooting for a Game 7 victory at home. Unlike the Patriots, Red Sox or BC, I've never had the same anti-Boston sports sentiment w/ the Celtics (or the Bruins for that matter), mostly because I'm not an NBA guy.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can't believe a team didn't box out with the Finals on the line, the Heat were all watching as that ball came off the rim
Box out? While was on a sprint to the rim, defender was chasing him. Nobody in the paint could have boxed him out. It was a fantastic hustle play. White had an amazing game. His shot wasn’t falling but he completely erased Jimmy Butler and Martin when guarding them. Officiating was brutal all game. Called nothing, then called everything in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Box out? While was on a sprint to the rim, defender was chasing him. Nobody in the paint could have boxed him out. It was a fantastic hustle play. White had an amazing game. His shot wasn’t falling but he completely erased Jimmy Butler and Martin when guarding them. Officiating was brutal all game. Called nothing, then called everything in the 2nd half.

Butler was hunting—and destroying—White earlier in the series. Nice recovery for him.

Reaction Score
It was impossible to block out White with the defense they played. The game plan was clearly to NOT let Tatum get the ball. Strus turned his back to White during the inbound to shadow Tatum so he couldn't get the pass in

Vincent was guarding Smart's shot. Adebayo boxed out Brown in the lane. Martin wasn't really boxing out Horford but was in front of him on the right side of the hoop. Butler didn't box out Tatum but he was running down the right side of the hoop as well. Strus was stuck behind White because of his shade on Tatum and there was nobody else on the left side of the court. Ball ended up rolling off the rim to the left side. If Tatum or Horford got the putback, then I'd understand the box out issue

I guess I understand the call to sell out against Tatum with only 3 seconds left but damn..leaving a wide open run to the hoop is never good

Reaction Score
I cannot believe there are people that will actually come on here and puff their chests about “not watching this”.

Morons. All of them.
I never understand why they don't just skip the thread. It's like those clowns who go on Facebook and announce how they are stepping away from social media for awhile, like anyone gaf!
NBA playoffs have been awesome and the Celts are about to pull off another Red Auerbach type special comeback. Let those of us who enjoy it have our fun!

MJ1

Reaction Score
I never understand why they don't just skip the thread. It's like those clowns who go on Facebook and announce how they are stepping away from social media for awhile, like anyone gaf!
NBA playoffs have been awesome and the Celts are about to pull off another Red Auerbach type special comeback. Let those of us who enjoy it have our fun!
The fact that there are 39 pages of NBA replies and views on a College board show more are watching than not watching. There are always a few unhappy people that want to voice their personal opinions on a negative level. If it makes them feel better so be it.

Reaction Score
I am just not a fan of the NBA. There's so much junk in this game. Hard to watch. It's way too arbitrary. I get it, over a 7 game series, the best team wins. I believe that. Im talking about watching the individual games. It's just about flipping a coin.
Thanks for sharing your dislike of the NBA in a thread about the NBA!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Again, the people who feel compelled to point out that they don’t like the NBA in a thread about the NBA are the thin-skinned ones. Why not just stay out of the thread?
It’s weird. I enjoyed the Magic - Bird era. Hated the ISO era that followed. I feel like the league has done a tremendous job of fixing some of what was broken, starting with dumping the illegal defense rule and widening the lane. So we now have much more team focused offense and defense, more passing, switching on D and a more appealing game than it has ever been. I’m not sure you can like basketball and not appreciate guys like Caleb Martin, Gabe Vincent and Derek White playing great ball on both ends. Or aging Al, still schooling people.

Is it perfect? Hell no. Officiating is uneven, last night as an example. Called nothing then called everything. I dislike how much traveling is allowed, that 3 seconds is rarely called and that stars still get too much benefit. But as college fans we know the sport is just hard to officiate.

Reaction Score
Again, the people who feel compelled to point out that they don’t like the NBA in a thread about the NBA are the thin-skinned ones. Why not just stay out of the thread?
You guys are incredibly thin-skinned.

I didn't criticize you at all.

I had critical comments about it.

You guys act ike you can't criticize this league.

I watched the games, that's why I commented

Reaction Score
The NBA playoffs are my favorite sporting event. Last night was both an all time game and a brutal watch at times.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I'm so glad to have watched last night's game!

I don't have a dog in the fight, but I was entering the game kinda rooting for Heat to get the upset, but the Celtics' comeback has now gotten me rooting for a Game 7 victory at home. Unlike the Patriots, Red Sox or BC, I've never had the same anti-Boston sports sentiment w/ the Celtics (or the Bruins for that matter), mostly because I'm not an NBA guy.
#wadeboggsmoustache

???

(inside joke here)

Reaction Score
Anyone notice Stan Van Grundy committed the cardinal sin of talking over Kevin Harlan on the last play. Harlan still delivered the call flawlessly. You ever notice listening to a Gus Johnson or a Marv Albert over the years calling the last play you never the the color commentator.

Reaction Score
I should add that Jimmy Butler's 3 free throws were earned on a foul that came AFTER he double dribbled 2 times. How many times can you grab the ball with two hands and dribble it again? ZERO. Yet he did it 2x. No wonder Horford was out of sor
Thank god the game ended the way it did.....how that replay of of that double dribble did not get caught would have been the worst crime of all time....they were focused on the 2 or the 3pt attempt and the real crime was lost in the shuffle. Shame on the producers and announcer crew for not pointing that out on the most critical decision of the game at the highest level.....Whites heroics was poetic justice.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Coincidences can be quite interesting

IMG_0202.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline