NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
When the Bruins lost, somebody commented that some past top losers at least lost to an eventual champion. Well, it seems the Panthers are legit.

It is still insane to me to think that Marchand had a breakaway with a chance to close that series out in five games and here we are a couple weeks later and Florida's lost what, one game, since then?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It is still insane to me to think that Marchand had a breakaway with a chance to close that series out in five games and here we are a couple weeks later and Florida's lost what, one game, since then?
They check the heck out of you and get good goaltending. It's legit, old school hockey. But it is some consolation that the team the Bruins lost to didn't get swept the next series. Live look at the Bucks watching Miami go up 3-0.

Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Reaction Score
i’m embarrassed as a uconn fan

sprewell & msg, that is all

Reaction Score
I am just not a fan of the NBA. There's so much junk in this game. Hard to watch. It's way too arbitrary. I get it, over a 7 game series, the best team wins. I believe that. Im talking about watching the individual games. It's just about flipping a coin.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Denver = UConn

A big bad that is not going to get tested, despite some random regular season swoons. They are a dominant team and I cannot see either Boston nor Miami pushing them to 7 games.

Reaction Score
Deserved. Celtics got screwed on some calls down the stretch.
It was questionable all around. From the carrying call on Tatum, the clean blocks called fouls, the mauling, the real fouls not called fouls against both teams, the play where Tatum fell out of bounds hardly being touched.

This is all way too arbitrary. I don't blame the refs. It's just the nature of a game of beasts moving around a small court too fast.

Reaction Score
Great game, but it's tough to watch when there's a review every time the ball goes down the court. I'd prefer a game that just recognizes that there will be human error, and instead prioritizes the flow of the game.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Love it as a Celtic fan since JoJo White, John Havlicek, Dave Cowen and Bill Russell's coaching

Reaction Score
Deserved. Celtics got screwed on some calls down the stretch.
I should add that Jimmy Butler's 3 free throws were earned on a foul that came AFTER he double dribbled 2 times. How many times can you grab the ball with two hands and dribble it again? ZERO. Yet he did it 2x. No wonder Horford was out of sorts.

Reaction Score
Denver = UConn

A big bad that is not going to get tested, despite some random regular season swoons. They are a dominant team and I cannot see either Boston nor Miami pushing them to 7 games.
Celtics would be hotter then a 1000 degree oven, and would have the homecourt, we’ll find out.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Can't believe a team didn't box out with the Finals on the line, the Heat were all watching as that ball came off the rim
Only thing I can think of is they thought there wasn’t enough time to miss a shot and get a putback.

Cause I thought the same thing.

Reaction Score
I should add that Jimmy Butler's 3 free throws were earned on a foul that came AFTER he double dribbled 2 times. How many times can you grab the ball with two hands and dribble it again? ZERO. Yet he did it 2x. No wonder Horford was out of sorts.
That's not a dbl dribble, the foul also occurred after the 3.0 second mark so the Cs were fortunate that the refs put that amount of time on the clock

Reaction Score
Can't believe a team didn't box out with the Finals on the line, the Heat were all watching as that ball came off the rim
Both Tatum and D. Wight were there for the putbacks on the last play. Props to Tatum not to run over White on that putback. He saw White at the last second and moved enough to miss him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom