• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Sure, until he decides he wants to take a game off to play a video game or get stoned or whatever the hell he does when he doesn't feel like playing.

What they need is somebody like Caleb Martin from the Heat. Not sure where you find those guys, Spoelstra seems to grow them in a lab. I'm no Laker fan, but I'd hedge my bets by giving LeBron guys who play hard and might become key pieces even after he's gone. Maybe Jordan Hawkins if he lasts to 17.
As long as he’s there performing for that playoffs. You know Bron don’t gad about the regular season. Lol

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree with those that THINK Kyrie is a logical basketball addition to the Lakers ALMOST as much as I agree with those that KNOW getting in the Kyrie business when you are trying to win a championship is taking a 75%+ chance of total implosion. I just don't think GM LeBron is desperate or naive enough to get in bed with Kyrie twice.

Meanwhile, I assume everyone is done doubting Denver?
I never doubted Denver, but evidently I should have doubted Boston. Better teams are generally better, Denver showed that. The Celtics haven’t, even if Miami is also just playing inspired ball right now.

Reaction Score
I agree with those that THINK Kyrie is a logical basketball addition to the Lakers ALMOST as much as I agree with those that KNOW getting in the Kyrie business when you are trying to win a championship is taking a 75%+ chance of total implosion. I just don't think GM LeBron is desperate or naive enough to get in bed with Kyrie twice.

Meanwhile, I assume everyone is done doubting Denver?
I mean, once led to a Championship against arguably the best team of all time.

Reaction Score
Jimmy misses a 3 footer, Zeller gets a foul going for O board, and Jimmy says to him “that’s my fault, I can’t miss that”

What a guy.

Edit: Also has anyone ever looked more out of place and doofy in a heat uniform than Cody freakin Zeller?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Perhaps LeBron realizes what I suggested about the Lakers

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I’m calling it right now the Celtics are winning this series, they showed Arod too it’s happening.
Not sure about that, but I think they win the next one. Finally playing their game.

Reaction Score
Not sure about that, but I think they win the next one. Finally playing their game.
Jalen Brown saying don’t let us win tonight, then an Arod sighting gives me subtle clues. A blow out can make it more interesting series as opposed to the Celtics just squeaking by tonight.

Reaction Score
Is there one person who thinks Lebron is genuinely considering retirement?

Not really, but his comments last night did catch me a bit off guard. I think his body might be breaking down to a greater extent than people realize, and I don't under-estimate the toll of rehab/training at that age. It wouldn't shock me if he takes a year off ala Jordan at some point.

Reaction Score
I’m calling it right now the Celtics are winning this series, they showed Arod too it’s happening.
Lmaoooo go ahead and put some money on it

Would be the first of 151 teams down 3-0 to win a series

Reaction Score
Lmaoooo go ahead and put some money on it

Would be the first of 151 teams down 3-0 to win a series
You can’t even get good odds on it. Think I saw the Celtics are like +220 to win the series after tonight

Reaction Score
Lebron has nothing left to prove, but I really can’t see him ending his career by getting swept and effectively having his retirement speech be a post game comment of “I have to think about it”.

Especially with Bronny having a good chance of being 2 years out from the NBA. Lebron has 2 years left on his contract (1 + player option)

I took it more as a threat to the Lakers to put a team around him that can carry the load or else he could leave. I don’t think they can think about calling that bluff

Reaction Score
Lebron has nothing left to prove, but I really can’t see him ending his career by getting swept and effectively having his retirement speech be a post game comment of “I have to think about it”.

Especially with Bronny having a good chance of being 2 years out from the NBA. Lebron has 2 years left on his contract (1 + player option)

I took it more as a threat to the Lakers to put a team around him that can carry the load or else he could leave. I don’t think they can think about calling that bluff

Yup, I'd think it's mostly posturing. I don't particularly like Lebron but he deserves a retirement tour if that's what he wants. He's easily one of the top three basketball players in the history of mankind.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Yup, I'd think it's mostly posturing. I don't particularly like Lebron but he deserves a retirement tour if that's what he wants. He's easily one of the top three basketball players in the history of mankind.
Agree. He either wants out of LA or wants them to do something. But I'm not sure how much they can really do. They need to extend Reaves and probably Hachimura. They have D-Lo's Bird rights to trade.

Reaction Score
If we’re talking strictly basketball, he was one of the best 4th qt players this year and won a championship with Bron before.
I get this argument, but that championship run was seven years ago with disastrous tenures on three separate teams.

When he can avoid all the other stuff and just play basketball, Kyrie is a very good player (even if he’s become slightly overrated). But there’s a large sample size now to suggest the other stuff will be the main part of the package.

Reaction Score
Not really, but his comments last night did catch me a bit off guard. I think his body might be breaking down to a greater extent than people realize, and I don't under-estimate the toll of rehab/training at that age. It wouldn't shock me if he takes a year off ala Jordan at some point.
It’s posturing.

This is part of the LeBron playbook - make a bunch of comments publicly to pressure his team into making moves. And if those moves don’t pan out, he’ll make more public comments pressuring the team, while ignoring that the previous failed moves were largely his fault.

I do think LeBron realizes that he can no longer carry a team on a night-to-night basis and has to pick his spots (and he’s brilliant when he does). The hope was that AD would be the guy to do just that, but he’s simply not reliable enough for that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom