NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pleased with the sweep out west. The clearly superior team won. Great for Joker and the Denver fans.

Now in the east, oof. Hoping Boston can summon some pride, win tonight and win at home. No real hope to win 4 straight as it has never been done and they look terrible.

Reaction Score
Pleased with the sweep out west. The clearly superior team won. Great for Joker and the Denver fans.

Now in the east, oof. Hoping Boston can summon some pride, win tonight and win at home. No real hope to win 4 straight as it has never been done and they look terrible.
Celtics look ready to go fishing tonight.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Jokic made it so people will never question him again.

They have so much offensive firepower it’s hard to see them not winning this whole thing. Him and Jamal were always great but adding a healthy MPJ to the equation really took it to another level. He’s been playing phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Hilarious post.
For 3.5 quarters AD was putting in a snoozer. Jokic is not a good defender, LeBron finishes on him every time he drives, AD couldn’t.

The Lakers fans that I am friends with want AD traded. He’s unreliable because he’s made of glass and the incredible inconsistency in the playoffs sealed it. Look at all the twitter reactions by media and fans. He’s averaged 48 games per season for the Lakers, it’s just not good enough.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
For 3.5 quarters AD was putting in a snoozer. Jokic is not a good defender, LeBron finishes on him every time he drives, AD couldn’t.

The Lakers fans that I am friends with want AD traded. He’s unreliable because he’s made of glass and the incredible inconsistency in the playoffs sealed it. Look at all the twitter reactions by media and fans. He’s averaged 48 games per season for the Lakers, it’s just not good enough.
Without him, the Lakers are not even a playoff team. I guess if you want that pick at the top of the lottery, it's a good move.

I agree he's unreliable, which was the issue with building around him to begin with.

Reaction Score
Without him, the Lakers are not even a playoff team. I guess if you want that pick at the top of the lottery, it's a good move.

I agree he's unreliable, which was the issue with building around him to begin with.
If you can get a good return, which they should be able to. There are also some FA’s that they can target. DLo is gone because he’s just no good, but locking down Reaves and Rui should be a priority. I’m sure they go after Kyrie, and I saw a report they were looking at trading for Trae. Not sure if those are smart moves but they do really need a perimeter guy who can get you consistent scoring.

Reaction Score

Doubling down on it makes it even more hilarious.

Reaction Score

Lebron got by Jokic because Jokic is slow and Lebron goes right by him. AD tries to bully through Jokic, but Jokic is so strong that it doesn't really work

Jokic was begging Davis to take jumpshots. Literally giving him 5 feet of space, 15 feet out. I feel like it's mental with AD. He was a good FT shooter this year, and was even 9-10 last night. How do you shoot 90% FT but won't take an open FT line jumper?

Make a few shots, force Jokic out to guard, beat him with speed. That's the key to beating the Nuggets defense and that's how Denver has gone out the last few years. Credit to Denver's defense because they've done a great job rotating and covering the paint during Jokic hedges all postseason. Gordon has been playing great defense and KCP/Brown were great pickups for that style. But with Lebron James and Anthony Davis, Gs/Fs rotating into the paint should be 2 points every time. Lebron did his part, AD not so much..

But imo trading him and blowing up the team is NOT the move. As others have pointed out, he was a key reason the Lakers even made the playoffs. Sports memories are super short term. You'd need a superstar big + depth in exchange, and I'm not sure what the market looks like for that package right now

Reaction Score
Lebron got by Jokic because Jokic is slow and Lebron goes right by him. AD tries to bully through Jokic, but Jokic is so strong that it doesn't really work

Jokic was begging Davis to take jumpshots. Literally giving him 5 feet of space, 15 feet out. I feel like it's mental with AD. He was a good FT shooter this year, and was even 9-10 last night. How do you shoot 90% FT but won't take an open FT line jumper?

Make a few shots, force Jokic out to guard, beat him with speed. That's the key to beating the Nuggets defense and that's how Denver has gone out the last few years. Credit to Denver's defense because they've done a great job rotating and covering the paint during Jokic hedges all postseason. Gordon has been playing great defense and KCP/Brown were great pickups for that style. But with Lebron James and Anthony Davis, Gs/Fs rotating into the paint should be 2 points every time. Lebron did his part, AD not so much..

But imo trading him and blowing up the team is NOT the move. As others have pointed out, he was a key reason the Lakers even made the playoffs. Sports memories are super short term. You'd need a superstar big + depth in exchange, and I'm not sure what the market looks like for that package right now
Well I think they should go after someone like Vucevic who is a FA. Not a great defender but can give you 20-10. Then they probably look to sign Kyrie who we know is nuts but can work work LeBron well. Then I don’t know, figure out a deal if they do decide to explore trading AD where they can get a star and some shooters/picks. Drafting Hawkins would be a great start.

Reaction Score
That Jokic is a bad defender and that the Lakers should get rid of AD.
He has improved as a defender, but he’s not a good defender. He has quick hands but he has very slow foot speed and teams feast on him/the Nuggets in the paint.

Reaction Score
He has improved as a defender, but he’s not a good defender. He has quick hands but he has very slow foot speed and teams feast on him/the Nuggets in the paint.
You called him a bad defender and that just isn't true. He's a plus defender.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Well I think they should go after someone like Vucevic who is a FA. Not a great defender but can give you 20-10. Then they probably look to sign Kyrie who we know is nuts but can work work LeBron well. Then I don’t know, figure out a deal if they do decide to explore trading AD where they can get a star and some shooters/picks. Drafting Hawkins would be a great start.
If they can sign Kyrie I’d run it back with the same guys. AD is still an elite rim protector and defender which is important to their defense. He just can’t be relied on to carry the load offensively.

Kyrie instantly fixes that problem and gives them a much needed 4th quarter closer. Then AD can just focus on rebounding and defense without the pressure of being the guy since he clearly can’t handle it.

Kyrie, Reaves, Rui, Schroeder should be the priority list for the Lakers this off-season.

I’d love Hawkins on the Lakers, but Lebron is notorious for not liking/trusting rookies.

Reaction Score
If they can sign Kyrie I’d run it back with the same guys. AD is still an elite rim protector and defender which is important to their defense. He just can’t be relied on to carry the load offensively.

Kyrie instantly fixes that problem and gives them a much needed 4th quarter closer. Then AD can just focus on rebounding and defense without the pressure of being the guy since he clearly can’t handle it.

Kyrie, Reaves, Rui, Schroeder should be the priority list for the Lakers this off-season.

I’d love Hawkins on the Lakers, but Lebron is notorious for not liking/trusting rookies.
Kyrie? Seriously? You'd trust that idiot?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
If we’re talking strictly basketball, he was one of the best 4th qt players this year and won a championship with Bron before.
Yeah, but not with 40 year old Bron. I think that team is done and needs to go to rebuilding mode. It was smart to move Russ. Not sure there is much they can do.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah, but not with 40 year old Bron. I think that team is done and needs to go to rebuilding mode. It was smart to move Russ. Not sure there is much they can do.
Yeah I wouldn’t say they’d win. But he’s exactly the kind of player Bron and AD needs at this point in their careers.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah I wouldn’t say they’d win. But he’s exactly the kind of player Bron and AD needs at this point in their careers.
Right, they'd be good. But are they chasing a title? If they can move AD, they can start to build with younger guys, but Bron's window would be closed.

Reaction Score
Use your words, what did I say that was wrong here?

If you were expecting him to play Jokic to a draw, then you and others are justified in being disappointed. Otherwise, I can't see how you'd find much issue with 27 and 14, particularly when he's been arguably the best defensive player in the playoffs.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Right, they'd be good. But are they chasing a title? If they can move AD, they can start to build with younger guys, but Bron's window would be closed.
They’d have a chance which is worth taking before blowing it all up.

Bron doesn’t need to go for 40 if they played the best defense and Kyrie can give you a consistent 25+ to mask AD’s inconsistency. He’s just a really great fit for the current squad cause he’d basically be what DLo sorry ass was suppose to be on steroids.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
They’d have a chance which is worth taking before blowing it all up.

Bron doesn’t need to go for 40 if they played the best defense and Kyrie can give you a consistent 25+ to mask AD’s inconsistency. He’s just a really great fit for the current squad cause he’d basically be what DLo sorry ass was suppose to be on steroids.
Sure, until he decides he wants to take a game off to play a video game or get stoned or whatever the hell he does when he doesn't feel like playing.

What they need is somebody like Caleb Martin from the Heat. Not sure where you find those guys, Spoelstra seems to grow them in a lab. I'm no Laker fan, but I'd hedge my bets by giving LeBron guys who play hard and might become key pieces even after he's gone. Maybe Jordan Hawkins if he lasts to 17.

Reaction Score
Sure, until he decides he wants to take a game off to play a video game or get stoned or whatever the hell he does when he doesn't feel like playing.

What they need is somebody like Caleb Martin from the Heat. Not sure where you find those guys, Spoelstra seems to grow them in a lab. I'm no Laker fan, but I'd hedge my bets by giving LeBron guys who play hard and might become key pieces even after he's gone. Maybe Jordan Hawkins if he lasts to 17.
I agree with those that THINK Kyrie is a logical basketball addition to the Lakers ALMOST as much as I agree with those that KNOW getting in the Kyrie business when you are trying to win a championship is taking a 75%+ chance of total implosion. I just don't think GM LeBron is desperate or naive enough to get in bed with Kyrie twice.

Meanwhile, I assume everyone is done doubting Denver?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom