• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The C's could have picked up Butler a few times over the years but Ainge was too chicken to pull the trigger.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
So glad I didn’t stay up for the second half. One collapse in 3 days was enough. This is where actual coaching is needed in the NBA. Not “resetting our minds, getting back on D and shooting more threes” as the trifecta of game planning. Oh and giving more minutes to the sub that is most popular on talk radio in the day or so before the game.

Reaction Score
A lot of narrative that the Celtics aren't tough enough, now one player did fight & chirp back & the script flips to they should not have poked the bear. The latter is a tidy narrative, but Jimmy's been doing this for a month now with or without provocation.

Celtics haven't been consistently tough minded all season. They have responded in single games with backs against the wall, but to now sustain that and win 4 out of 5 seems insurmountable. As many have said, Mazzula might be a good coach long-term, but to learn on the job with the odds on Eastern conference favorite was a very tough ask. He's wilting under the pressure with his players.

Reaction Score
4th quarter

Grant: 7p/1r/1a, 3/5 shooting
Jimmy Buckets: 9 pts 1 turnover 4/8 shooting

Grant was the only Celtic to hit a field goal in like the final 8 minutes of game time.

The one dude who actually showed some dawg and fought back was not the problem.

Reaction Score
The Heat defense on Tatum in the 4Q of both games has been sensational. They're getting up into his handle. He can't even dribble.

Reaction Score
A lot of narrative that the Celtics aren't tough enough, now one player did fight & chirp back & the script flips to they should not have poked the bear. The latter is a tidy narrative, but Jimmy's been doing this for a month now with or without provocation.

Celtics haven't been consistently tough minded all season. They have responded in single games with backs against the wall, but to now sustain that and win 4 out of 5 seems insurmountable. As many have said, Mazzula might be a good coach long-term, but to learn on the job with the odds on Eastern conference favorite was a very tough ask. He's wilting under the pressure with his players.
Grant Williams is definetly not soft much is gonna be played up about how he quote on quote “motivated” Jimmy Butler it’s good for clicks and story lines I guess. The bigger deal is no teammate had Williams back in the post game interviews such as Jalen Brown saying next question.

Reaction Score
It’s crazy to me how the Celtics absolutely refuse to take a midrange shot.

Meanwhile Jimmy has been killing them down the stretch with that same shot. Including Gabe stepping in to hit one in the last minute.

Your only option down the stretch absolutely cannot be the hardest shot in basketball.
I understand the philosophy of 3’s and layups (and free throws) as being the most efficient shots but when those get taken away you absolutely need someone that can make midrange shots.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The Heat defense on Tatum in the 4Q of both games has been sensational. They're getting up into his handle. He can't even dribble.

The Tatum defense on himself in the 4Q of both games has been sensational. If he wants to be considered one of the best in the league, he can't travel TWICE in the last 3 minutes of a close Conference Finals game.

Reaction Score
is jimmy butler one finals away to be HOF material or does he need to actually to win one?

Reaction Score
I believe, if he gets the heat to the finals again , he’s in.

Reaction Score
I believe, if he gets the heat to the finals again , he’s in.
Based on the standards for Springfield (not what I think) he’s in already, making the Finals 100 percent guarantees it.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Surprising, honestly ... I looked at his bball reference page after I said that, and he's never even been 1st team All-NBA. I'm not sure how that is HOF. He's never been higher than 10 in MVP voting.

He's been consistently a top 15-20 player in the league, sometimes top 10, for 10 years straight. He's awesome and underrated. I can't believe those accolades are HOF, unless I'm missing something.

Reaction Score
Surprising, honestly ... I looked at his bball reference page after I said that, and he's never even been 1st team All-NBA. I'm not sure how that is HOF. He's never been higher than 10 in MVP voting.

He's been consistently a top 15-20 player in the league, sometimes top 10, for 10 years straight. He's awesome and underrated. I can't believe those accolades are HOF, unless I'm missing something.
You're missing something. There's a bunch of players with less all-star appearances, less all NBA teams, less accolades, and no championships who are already in the Hall of Fame.

He's a Hall of Famer.

Reaction Score

It doesn’t matter what you think it’s Springfield who decides it. The standards aren’t high.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I understand the philosophy of 3’s and layups (and free throws) as being the most efficient shots but when those get taken away you absolutely need someone that can make midrange shots.
I’m not even sure it’s the fact that they can’t make them. It looks more like they’re taught not to take them.

There was one possession Tatum beat someone off the dribble because he gave them a pump fake and had a wide open pull up to take. Instead he drove all the way to the rim and got a charge. He consistently looks for his side step three pointer late in games which is just a terrible shot to hunt for. We hardly see him post up anymore and take advantage of his size to be able to shoot over guys. There’s no reason he can’t make the same shots that Jimmy does, there just not the shots he looks for.

Reaction Score
Mazulla has been a disaster period. If you can't scheme up a defense to make Miami at least look uncomfortable, you don't belong at this level.

Reaction Score
Feels like the Lakers are either getting fouled, or not playing defense because they're crying to refs about not getting a foul

I don't quite understand the whole Twitter narrative going on right now that the Nuggets would be a "boring" finals if they win the series..they play beautiful basketball with perhaps the most talented player in the world leading the charge.

Granted, I'm a Nuggets fan so I'm biased
Granted again, the average NBA Twitter user doesn't even like the NBA.

Reaction Score
Feels like the Lakers are either getting fouled, or not playing defense because they're crying to refs about not getting a foul

I don't quite understand the whole Twitter narrative going on right now that the Nuggets would be a "boring" finals if they win the series..they play beautiful basketball with perhaps the most talented player in the world leading the charge.

Granted, I'm a Nuggets fan so I'm biased
Granted again, the average NBA Twitter user doesn't even like the NBA.
Jokic - Horford/Bam would be quite the matchup

Reaction Score
Jokic gotta play better, 2 straight 4 quarter no shows and then a no show in the 1st half tonight. Murray won them game 2 and is carrying them in the first half tonight, Nuggets gotta make the push for 3-0 and need a big 2nd half from Jokic to get it done.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That 4th Jokic foul was big in keeping this game close, but the Lakers are still doing their part by playing pretty well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom