NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Getting Murray and MPJ back healthy were obviously key but the offseason additions of KCP and Brown have been huge. Nuggets front office is elite and has been so under multiple GMs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I don't think this Denver team is the beginning of a dynasty. It just does not look like an NBA title team after Jokic, Murray and maybe Porter Jr. I like Gordon on this team, but he is not a star by any means. KCP would be a bench player on many of the other playoff teams. Brown is high energy, but the rest of the roster is definitely not championship caliber.

All this means I think Denver has to win now. The Nuggets have played the 8, 4 and 7 seeds to date, and the 4 seed was missing a first ballot hall of famer after the second game. In the East, the Bucks got knocked out, and the Celtics are on the ropes. Even if the Heat are not the typical 8 seed, the Nuggets will not be playing any of the top 3 teams from the East (assuming the Celtics do not come back). That probably won't happen again.

Everything has broken just right for Denver. They got to make it count.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
I don't think this Denver team is the beginning of a dynasty. It just does not look like an NBA title team after Jokic, Murray and maybe Porter Jr. I like Gordon on this team, but he is not a star by any means. KCP would be a bench player on many of the other playoff teams. Brown is high energy, but the rest of the roster is definitely not championship caliber.

All this means I think Denver has to win now. The Nuggets have played the 8, 4 and 7 seeds to date, and the 4 seed was missing a first ballot hall of famer after the second game. In the East, the Bucks got knocked out, and the Celtics are on the ropes. Even if the Heat are not the typical 8 seed, the Nuggets will not be playing any of the top 3 teams from the East (assuming the Celtics do not come back). That probably won't happen again.

Everything has broken just right for Denver. They got to make it count.

Dynasty, no, but I doubt this will be their last rodeo either.

I would guess Jokic will win 2 rings in his career, the first coming this year.

Reaction Score
Dynasty, no, but I doubt this will be their last rodeo either.

I would guess Jokic will win 2 rings in his career, the first coming this year.
This is all so incredibly exciting to me that I don't want to jinx it but I've been waiting for this moment for Jokic and the Nuggets for several years now. Injuries didn't allow it to happen. A lot of games to be played yet but Joker and this team have caught some unfair heat the past few seasons. It was always there if they were healthy and it would've happened before now if they were healthy. Stay healthy this next bunch of games and there's a pretty decent chance it happens for them. There isn't a more deserving group and fanbase than what they have.
Let's see how it plays out.

Reaction Score
This is all so incredibly exciting to me that I don't want to jinx it but I've been waiting for this moment for Jokic and the Nuggets for several years now. Injuries didn't allow it to happen. A lot of games to be played yet but Joker and this team have caught some unfair heat the past few seasons. It was always there if they were healthy and it would've happened before now if they were healthy. Stay healthy this next bunch of games and there's a pretty decent chance it happens for them. There isn't a more deserving group and fanbase than what they have.
Let's see how it plays out.
They are looking great. Pay no attention to the fun sucking narratives that care about anything other than winning this year's title. The Lakers thru everything they had at Denver thru 3 games and the Nuggets consistently rose to the challenge. Fun team period.

Reaction Score
happy for denver, my favorite state outside of new jersey

1684707180884.jpeg

Reaction Score
View attachment 88389

Fiancée and friends decided to do 7am yoga at red rocks, I decided to go for a walk around it instead. Beautiful area (parking lots and porta potties aside)
View attachment 88389

Fiancée and friends decided to do 7am yoga at red rocks, I decided to go for a walk around it instead. Beautiful area (parking lots and porta potties aside)
meanwhile, everybody’s scrambling to set up their jersey shore homes

1684715358011.jpeg

Reaction Score
Kevin Love got injured and can't even run but they played like 10 possessions before stopping and getting him out lmao

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Yeah, the Celts look like they gave up on this series before the flight to Miami

Reaction Score
Knicks would’ve beaten the Celtics, the Sixers and Celtics never scared me.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
pretty hard to believe what I'm watching.

Had I put down any money on Celtics money line, assuming they'd at least get 1 in a 2-0 hole, I'd have been SURE I was mush.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
pretty hard to believe what I'm watching.

Had I put down any money on Celtics money line, assuming they'd at least get 1 in a 2-0 hole, I'd have been SURE I was mush.
I’ve got no dog in the fight and would be nonplussed if C’s were winning, but I gotta say, the last few days have been delightful watching Portnoy melt down and lose about a million.

Reaction Score
I’ve got no dog in the fight and would be nonplussed if C’s were winning, but I gotta say, the last few days have been delightful watching Portnoy melt down and lose about a million.
He deserves every bad thing coming to him. Too bad this probably only scratches the surface of his wealth

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom