NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
It’s the most unstoppable shot in basketball when someone masters it. Not much you can do about a great midrange game.

At that point the game just becomes about getting to your spot on the court. Paul Pierce closed A LOT of games with that FT elbow jumper. Jayson Tatum’s “spot” seems to be a side step three. Which is mind boggling for someone 6’9 and used to have a great post up game that he’s just abandoned.

Reaction Score
I mean, the Celtics shot 38% on the season at a high volume. The Celtics may not have Steph & Klay but everybody can shoot from 3; their worst shooters are Smart & Jaylen, both of whom make over 33% of their shots.

FWIW, the Celts are making exactly the same % of 3s in the postseason as they made in the regular season (37.7%). They've just been terrible against Miami.

The problem is, as you say, that they don't have much beyond that. I agree, the season needs a top-down post-mortem.

I'm tired of getting outcoached by Spo...

And Mazulla's got some 'splainin to do.
To be fair, unless Brad comes back, no one in the league can coach like Spo right now

Reaction Score
Turns out Knicks-Heat was the real ECF. The Knicks would’ve beaten the Celtics or the Sixers.

Reactions: MJ1
Reaction Score
Am I the only one getting UConn vibes from Miami?

They seem to have all the perfect parts to win the Championship. The parts play well together at the right time with none really bigger than the other (sans Jimmy). Their best player is not a ball hog, and constantly looks for his teammates, getting them involved. I've heard also that they all get along together on and off the court. Total team.
They've even had Kevin Harlan and Stan Van Gundy calling their games lol.

Reaction Score
Lebron threw a 28 foot lob pass to Hachimura but it went in for 3

It's gonna be that kind of game huh?

Reaction Score
Lebron threw a 28 foot lob pass to Hachimura but it went in for 3

It's gonna be that kind of game huh?
He’s due one, he’s been shooting terribly, but a lot of in and outs. He’s a competent shooter, so just regressing (progressing) to the mean.

Reaction Score
Lakers and Lebron played a nearly perfect first half. They deserve to be up

7 free throws in the final 60 seconds does help, though
Nuggets fouled a lot and got called. They were more busy whining than playing D.

Start of the 2nd half just reinforces how frustrating AD is. He’s just not dependable and far too soft. He’s letting this team down.

Reaction Score
AD putting in no effort. Jokic is a bad defender and he can’t buy a bucket on him. Get rid of him for some assets in the offseason.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I see it is another night of "everyone sucks" on the Boneyard.

I think this has been a pretty well played game so far. Jokic with 5 fouls can't be defending Lebron. If I was Malone, I would go to a funky zone of some kind, like a 3-2 or 1-3-1, to mix it up and try to get the Lakers to burn some clock.

One minor complaint I will make is that the "Western Union" patch on the Nuggets' uniforms looks like their mom ironed it on right before the game.

Reaction Score
I see it is another night of "everyone sucks" on the Boneyard.

I think this has been a pretty well played game so far. Jokic with 5 fouls can't be defending Lebron. If I was Malone, I would go to a funky zone of some kind, like a 3-2 or 1-3-1, to mix it up and try to get the Lakers to burn some clock.

One minor complaint I will make is that the "Western Union" patch on the Nuggets' uniforms looks like their mom ironed it on right before the game.
Nope, just AD. No one else has been mentioned.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
2016 Lebron can try to force that shot 1 on 2. 2023 Lebron needs to pass the ball to AD or Hachimura.

Hats off to a lot of the role players in this game and this series. Schroder and Reaves played well, but Denver is not going to the Finals without a great series by Gordon and Porter Jr. This was a well-played series, Denver was just a little better every game. Very different vibe from the Celtics caking their pants every game against the Heat.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s ridiculous. He won’t even close out on Gordon when he’s been hitting threes. They need effort and grittiness right now, and he’s bringing none of it.
Has to be the one of the softest superstars seen. It looks like he doesn’t actually like basketball most times

Reaction Score
Wow what a great game! Exciting start to finish. Lebron just didn’t have enough in the tank to take them home. I feel for him here. He wanted that so bad but ended the game shooting a jumper off the corner of the backboard, then getting blocked at the buzzer. Dang

The Nuggets played some of the most brutally disgustingly horrible offense you’ll ever see down the stretch. Jokic made enough plays so that it didn’t matter. A step back one legged Dirk fadeaway three? Swish. Unbelievable.

Onto the finals!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom