NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
The turning point was Marcus Smart's flop defending with 1:18 left in the 2nd. Embiid fell over him and got a 3 point play, but you could tell when Embiid got up that he wasn't right. Embiid has sucked since. He is moving slowly and has no explosiveness.

I hate when defenders fall to the ground trying to draw a charge. There is no rulebook in the world that requires a defender to fall to the ground to get a charge, yet most referees will not give an offensive foul call unless the defender flops backward. It is a stupid and dangerous practice.
Good to see that your bad takes transcend UConn and college hoops. Keep it going!!

Reaction Score
699E400A-F39C-4E2D-BC00-ED411014F198.jpeg

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would love to see Jokic at least make a final. But I'd pull for the C's if that was the match-up.

Joker channels his inner Bill Walton like the Trail Blazers vs Sixers final.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Rooting for Nuggets but I do wanna see another Celtics-Lakers finals.
Give me Miami, they have 4 Big East players on their team.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
So what do the “not so sure about Mazzulla “ fans think now? I am getting a little Danny Hurley vibe myself

Reaction Score
danny to the sixers

best job ever & the best jersey shore home @ asbury park

MJ1

Reaction Score
Butler, Lowry, who else are you counting Caron?
Max Strus, DePaul and on the bench Omer Yurtseven, Georgetown. I know the later is a stretch. Having Caron from UConn on the coaching staff is a big plus as well. 3 key players a coach and a bench warmer, not too bad.

Reaction Score
Quite a statement game from Tatum today. Really want to see more guys get going. Hated the first half offense from Boston. Too many contested drives.
Those drives are key against Embiid. Even if he’s a monster in the first quarter and sets the defensive tone it’s worth it because his conditioning is so bad. Every one of those chasedown blocks depletes his stamina bar by like 15%, so as soon as I saw the Celtics going to the hole to start this one, I knew it was over.

Embiid’s first quarter defensive rating in this series: 104.
Embiid’s fourth quarter defensive rating in this series: 116

You could make a highlight reel of him getting dusted on 4th quarter switches, or of guys drilling 3-pointers in his eye because he’s too gassed to even get a hand up, let alone close out hard & with good technique.

Great regular season player. Pure playoff fraud. Worse than Harden.

Reaction Score

Just the biggest loser, man. Most mentally soft "superstar" I've ever seen in this league.

Dude's a center who's shot over 50% from the floor 3 times in 11 series. He's shot below 45% five times. He had 3 rebounds in the first three quarters today.

Guy's 7-1 290 and got shut down by a 6-foot-8 guy he outweighs by 40 pounds. Pick and pop? Foul line fadeaway? WTF man, take him down to the block. Work as hard on your post game as you do on your posting. Learn how to pass out of a double.

Career East semis stats over the course of five series:

24/11/3 on 43/29/83 shooting splits and a negative a/to ratio. Philly's 0-5.

I'm sure they'll blame Harden and Doc, and they both deserve a lot. But an MVP is supposed to set the tone like Jokic did, or like LeBron did. Or like Tatum did! He finallly went to work on the block in this one and the Sixers were food.

Just a big, fat old loser.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score

Just the biggest loser, man. Most mentally soft "superstar" I've ever seen in this league.

Dude's a center who's shot over 50% from the floor 3 times in 11 series. He's shot below 45% five times. He had 3 rebounds in the first three quarters today.

Guy's 7-1 290 and got shut down by a 6-foot-8 guy he outweighs by 40 pounds. Pick and pop? Foul line fadeaway? WTF man, take him down to the block. Work as hard on your post game as you do on your posting. Learn how to pass out of a double.

Career East semis stats over the course of five series:

24/11/3 on 43/29/83 shooting splits and a negative a/to ratio. Philly's 0-5.

I'm sure they'll blame Harden and Doc, and they both deserve a lot. But an MVP is supposed to set the tone like Jokic did, or like LeBron did. Or like Tatum did! He finallly went to work on the block in this one and the Sixers were food.

Just a big, fat old loser.

Yeah Embiid’s mindset is easy to see out there and it’s terrible. He pretty much gave up at the end of game 6 with it within reach. Terrible body language and all and it’s like, this is a close out game man. If you do your part your team wins that instead of complaining about the help you don’t have.

Embiid should, rightfully, get a lot of criticism this summer. Can’t believe he threw his teammates under the bus after not showing up for two straight games.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Those drives are key against Embiid. Even if he’s a monster in the first quarter and sets the defensive tone it’s worth it because his conditioning is so bad. Every one of those chasedown blocks depletes his stamina bar by like 15%, so as soon as I saw the Celtics going to the hole to start this one, I knew it was over.

You could make a highlight reel of him getting dusted on 4th quarter switches, or of guys drilling 3-pointers in his eye because he’s too gassed to even get a hand up, let alone close out hard & with good technique.

I don’t get why people can’t just appreciate good play, and instead have to tear everyone apart. The “Pure playoff fraud” will be the only player to take the Celtics to 7 games this postseason. The Celtics are a mortal lock to win the NBA title, and neither the Heat or the West winner will get past 6 games or will ever have a lead in their series against the Celtics.

Next up: Butler and the Heat are chokers, and then Jokic can’t win the big game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Flop. That was as clear as a charge gets. Shoulder to the chest.

Embiid s slowing down because he’s gassed. Nothing to do with that play. They hunted him on D Ian the first half and wore him down. He wasn’t even going up court at times. But he’s not the problem, the Philly guards are crap defenders.

If it wasn’t for the refs conspiracy against the Celtics, the Celtics would have won 4 straight by 40 points each game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tatum looked like he was saving his wad a little bit this season. A full NBA season is longer then an MLB season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He's no fraud, but the Celtics knew Doc had him switching on JT, so they just ran him all over the court, and attacked him on P&R. He had no help on the defensive end really. Guys his size can't do that and I'm not sure he ever came out of the game. Philly needs a lot of bench help.

Several years ago LeBron lost about 20 pounds, said he had gotten too big, which is tough on the knees but also consumes more energy. Embiid needs to shed about 20 pounds. He used to be quicker.

Reaction Score
My son picked up a part time job working security at Ball Arena. So he has seen all the home playoff games.

Reaction Score
Niang was on the bench and just grabbed at Jaylen Brown's knee to prevent him from getting up the court after Brown jumped into the Sixers bench to get the save

Brown started talking to him afterwards, and ended up in a double technical

In my opinion, if a player on the bench makes physical contact that prevents a player on the other team from running, especially grabbing a knee, that should be an automatic flagrant 2 and ejection. Insane that Brown got a technical out of that

Really fun game so far though!
Good to see the NBA do the right thing and rescind Brown's technical. Although what if the Celtics had lost by a point or the game went to OT and the Celtics ultimately lost? Would have been a lot of angst from the Celtics.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Good to see the NBA do the right thing and rescind Brown's technical. Although what if the Celtics had lost by a point or the game went to OT and the Celtics ultimately lost? Would have been a lot of angst from the Celtics.

Evidently, once a tech is assessed within the course of the game, it cannot be rescinded even after the officials review the video. With how often replay is used, that is a stupid rule.

Niang should have to face additional consequences, as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom