NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Niang was on the bench and just grabbed at Jaylen Brown's knee to prevent him from getting up the court after Brown jumped into the Sixers bench to get the save

Brown started talking to him afterwards, and ended up in a double technical

In my opinion, if a player on the bench makes physical contact that prevents a player on the other team from running, especially grabbing a knee, that should be an automatic flagrant 2 and ejection. Insane that Brown got a technical out of that

Really fun game so far though!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Niang was on the bench and just grabbed at Jaylen Brown's knee to prevent him from getting up the court after Brown jumped into the Sixers bench to get the save

Brown started talking to him afterwards, and ended up in a double technical

In my opinion, if a player on the bench makes physical contact that prevents a player on the other team from running, especially grabbing a knee, that should be an automatic flagrant 2 and ejection. Insane that Brown got a technical out of that

Really fun game so far though!

At minimum he should get the only tech, after review.

Reaction Score
it’s all about maxi for philly. i despise kentucky, but he's the reason we win.
i hate kansas too, don’t want to discriminate

Reaction Score
Al Horford is playing FANTASTIC individual defense on Joel Embiid. Embiid is supposed to be unstoppable and Horford is clamping him up

Tatum just hit a 3 for his 38th point and the Celtics go up 15....
...with 6 minutes left in the 3rd quarter

Reaction Score
Funny that there was someone on here just the other day that took umbrage with Tatum calling himself one of the best players in the world

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Quite a statement game from Tatum today. Really want to see more guys get going. Hated the first half offense from Boston. Too many contested drives. Take the 3s. Philly doesn’t have goor perimeter defenders, shoot the ball. Doing it now finally.

Reaction Score
Sixers are absolutely imploding right now. It's the NBA so 18 points isn't insurmountable, but they need to get going FAST or else they're going home and the Doc Rivers slander will kick into overdrive

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The turning point was Marcus Smart's flop defending with 1:18 left in the 2nd. Embiid fell over him and got a 3 point play, but you could tell when Embiid got up that he wasn't right. Embiid has sucked since. He is moving slowly and has no explosiveness.

I hate when defenders fall to the ground trying to draw a charge. There is no rulebook in the world that requires a defender to fall to the ground to get a charge, yet most referees will not give an offensive foul call unless the defender flops backward. It is a stupid and dangerous practice.

Reaction Score
The turning point was Marcus Smart's flop defending with 1:18 left in the 2nd. Embiid fell over him and got a 3 point play, but you could tell when Embiid got up that he wasn't right. Embiid has sucked since. He is moving slowly and has no explosiveness.

I hate when defenders fall to the ground trying to draw a charge. There is no rulebook in the world that requires a defender to fall to the ground to get a charge, yet most referees will not give an offensive foul call unless the defender flops backward. It is a stupid and dangerous practice.
The turning point was Embiid, Harden, and Rivers boarding a flight for a game 7, they were always gonna lose this game, their track record is pure mud

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Flop. That was as clear as a charge gets. Shoulder to the chest.

Embiid s slowing down because he’s gassed. Nothing to do with that play. They hunted him on D Ian the first half and wore him down. He wasn’t even going up court at times. But he’s not the problem, the Philly guards are crap defenders.

Reaction Score
Can I stir the pot and ask what people think is going to happen with Doc Rivers?

Since the Celtics championship (last 15 seasons):
  • 1 championship loss
  • 1 conference finals loss
  • 9 second round losses
  • 4 first round losses

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I simulated the rest of the playoffs on what if sports and it has the Nuggets beating the Heat in 5 games.
Not what I call a ringing endorsement for what if sports, imo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm happy for Tatum. Huge game in a huge spot. I think he moves forward from here.

Reaction Score
1684102408947.gif

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Can I stir the pot and ask what people think is going to happen with Doc Rivers?

Since the Celtics championship (last 15 seasons):
  • 1 championship loss
  • 1 conference finals loss
  • 9 second round losses
  • 4 first round losses
No idea. I don’t think he’s the problem really, but he doesn’t fully embrace modern offense.

I think people overrate the Sixers roster. Embiid is incredible. Harden is 2/3 of peak Harden, still a great passer and scorer, defends well but takes plays off. Maxey is a nice scorer but bad defender. Harris is a very good well rounded player. Counting offense and defense, Brogdan is better than Maxey. Philly has two truly good defenders, Embiid and Melton, and Melton has no offense.

I’d move Maxey if I were them. I bet his value is high. Have to get Melton out of the starting lineup too.

Reaction Score
Anyone shocked to see a team with Harden and Doc Rivers blow a 3-2 lead? Sixers blew it in game 6 kept the door open for Tatum in 4th quarter of game six and that’s all she wrote.

Reaction Score
Rooting for Nuggets but I do wanna see another Celtics-Lakers finals.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom