NBA Finals Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

NBA Finals Thread

Reaction Score
Call the hot take police! Draymond is arguably the best defensive player in the league, can guard any position on the floor, and led the team in rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks.

Both situations are guys not being able to win in their current situation and leaving for a better opportunity. You're also intentionally discounting the addition of Bosh/Love with both of Lebron's team changes.

Except Durant was 20 minutes away from winning in his then-current situation . . .

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think this year is a lot different than last year with the Cavs down 2-0
It's going to be harder to repeat the 4 wins
GS is a bigger, stronger and better team this year
Plus the bench for Cavs has been putrid
I see the Cavs winning 1 or maybe 2 games

Reaction Score
Sure thing. Show me the time when Durant was 20 minutes away from winning the title.

Did I say title? I probably implied it, so fine. Durant had a 3-1 lead on the "greatest team" ever, was 20 minutes from the Finals with a double-digit lead. Twice. Not sure how that constitutes "never going to win".

Reaction Score
Hahahahahahahahahahahah

Least humble guy in the NBA who actually pretends to be humble.

But I enjoy watching him play. I just think he's a dingle. There's no way Lebron should be a flop king either.

"With the success Kevin Durant has had - he has scored 71 points in two games, James has drawn that defensive assignment. He was asked it was taking a toll on him.

"Do I look tired?" James told Cleveland.com Wednesday. "I'm averaging a triple-double in the Finals. I'm pretty good, I would think."

There he is again. His team is getting smoked. Hes getting lit up on d. But he has to remind you of his stats. Lebron Humble James.

Reaction Score
Did I say title? I probably implied it, so fine. Durant had a 3-1 lead on the "greatest team" ever, was 20 minutes from the Finals with a double-digit lead. Twice. Not sure how that constitutes "never going to win".

Uh, dude, you replied to my post, the premise of which was that neither KD or Lebron (1st Cavs stint) could win a title with their current situations, which is part of the reason they left.

Try actually reading the posts you're responding to next time.

Reaction Score
Francessa made some great points that CLE basically has 2 quality 2-way players (LeBron, Smith) and GSW has like 6-8 (KD, Klay, Green, Iggy, Livingston, Clark, McGee, etc.) and can rotate 4-5 guys on James and only James can defend KD

This is the strategy the C's have will building a roster full of good 2-way players, now just need another star or 2

"With the success Kevin Durant has had - he has scored 71 points in two games, James has drawn that defensive assignment. He was asked it was taking a toll on him.

"Do I look tired?" James told Cleveland.com Wednesday. "I'm averaging a triple-double in the Finals. I'm pretty good, I would think."

There he is again. His team is getting smoked. Hes getting lit up on d. But he has to remind you of his stats. Lebron Humble James.

Reaction Score
Francessa made some great points that CLE basically has 2 quality 2-way players (LeBron, Smith) and GSW has like 6-8 (KD, Klay, Green, Iggy, Livingston, Clark, McGee, etc.) and can rotate 4-5 guys on James and only James can defend KD

This is the strategy the C's have will building a roster full of good 2-way players, now just need another star or 2

He hasn't been doing much in the way of defending KD this series. Or anyone else for that matter.

Also, if McGee, Clark, Livingston, and current (old) iggy are seen as "quality 2 way players", then Love, Thompson, and Shumpert should as well.

Finally, it really bothers me that Lebron get's worshiped when he takes these loaded teams and completely beat down on total scrub teams in the east every single year. And then in the finals if/when they lose its never on him etc etc. He beats the raptors and celtics and he gets called better than MJ. Now two weeks later hes getting lit up on d, turning it over like crazy, doing nothing in the 4th quarter, while his team is getting blown out. And its everyone else's fault. Its not his fault they are losing to GS. But its also not just because of him that they win the East. They most likely would have won the east without him (debatable, but at least its an argument).

I'm not saying Cle should beat GS. Or that them losing is somehow Lebron's fault (its not). But all of a sudden Cleveland has this barren roster completely devoid of talent. Ignoring of course, that they have two guys from Team USA. An all-star from 2015. A top 5 draft pick at center who i think made the tryouts/camps for team usa. Former 6th man of the year. etc etc. Cleveland is far from one man show.

It would be nice if there could be some consistency. If you wont give him any fault for losing series that they have no chance of winning. Then stop giving him credit for winning series that they have no chance of losing.

Reaction Score
KD is incredibly fun to watch.

He has a chance to be one of THE greats by the time his career is over. Maybe the smoothest scorer the game has ever seen. That's why I wish he didn't go to golden State. It will always be a stain on any successes

Reaction Score
How Can cavs possibly guard this many elite shooters? They're playing much better but the warriors just come back with a deep contested three. Itrs crazy

Edit: LeBron down. Series over.

Reaction Score
Back up and ok

That last take was dirty nasty

He's the best ever, no debate

How Can cavs possibly guard this many elite shooters? They're playing much better but the warriors just come back with a deep contested three. Itrs crazy

Edit: LeBron down. Series over.

Reaction Score
Good defense, better shooting, LeBron on fire.

He goes to the bench, they immediately go down 8...

Reaction Score
Cavs have zero margin for error, zero. They play a great first quarter and Curry, Klay and Durant just bomb threes in from everywhere on the court. Just recognize the absurdity of Klay Thompson being their clear third option on offense and he's put up some of the greatest quarters in the history of basketball and is one of the best shooters in the history of the NBA.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Crazy how some guys go downhill so quickly ... There was a legitimate debate about Deron Williams and Chris Paul and Williams was an elite PG some 6 years ago.

Reaction Score
Its good to see Cleveland being aggressive but you can't run with GS
Cavs have zero margin for error, zero. They play a great first quarter and Curry, Klay and Durant just bomb threes in from everywhere on the court. Just recognize the absurdity of Klay Thompson being their clear third option on offense and he's put up some of the greatest quarters in the history of basketball and is one of the best shooters in the history of the NBA.

One missed shot by the Cavs it feels like GS will go on a 10-0 run, a turnover and it feels like GS will go on a 20-0 run.

Reaction Score
Cleveland still trying to run with Warriors, either Lue or LeBron needs to be relieved of coaching duties.

Reaction Score
Seems like for every amazing kyrie drive, he's turning it over or giving up a three in the other end. I don't know if he's good enough to best GSW... and he's a top 5 guard in the league.

Need love and Smith to help LeBron next quarter or this will get ugly

Reaction Score
Cleveland still trying to run with Warriors, either Lue or LeBron needs to be relieved of coaching duties.
Slow, rockball, and hope that James/Irving/Love > Durant/Curry/Klay.

I don't think it is...but that narrows it where you get a better chance. And you don't exhaust your best players.

Reaction Score
Slow, rockball, and hope that James/Irving/Love > Durant/Curry/Klay.

I don't think it is...but that narrows it where you get a better chance. And you don't exhaust your best players.

Problem is that they ran by everyone in their conference, but as Lebron said before the series, you simply can't simulate what Golden State does and the speed at which they do it. I don't think rockball is really in the Cleveland toolbox, so they really don't know how to use that option.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom