NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Slightly OT but where is a good place to get inexpensive NBA merch? Primarily looking for a couple t-shirts and maybe a hat. Thanks!

Reaction Score
We can't let this thread get buried in the third page after a loss. In a season of at best silver linings, our vets will be the only bright spot we have right now.

Good line from Kemba tonight in a losing effort to the Spurs. Made Tony Parker look as old as he is. Turnovers hurt Charlotte tonight

Great line from Andre tonight considering how few minutes he has been playing. It's such a shame he can't play 30 minutes a game. His per 48 numbers are like 24 and 22.

Rudy led the Kings past playoff contender Toronto. 23 effiecient points, 9 boards 4 assists 1 steal 3 blocks... and 4 TOs

Bazz played 4 minutes (I'm guessing in garbage time) in a blowout loss to Cleveland. 1/2 from 3, 2 assists

Reaction Score
what did the Bulls want for Butler again? Crowder, #3 and....?

Guy is a stud, don't want to wait to see if Jaylen Brown can play at a high level, seems like a good athlete with limited basketball skills. Not saying it's bust status yet, but many draft experts said he can't shoot, zero handle, etc..

Reaction Score
what did the Bulls want for Butler again? Crowder, #3 and....?

Guy is a stud, don't want to wait to see if Jaylen Brown can play at a high level, seems like a good athlete with limited basketball skills. Not saying it's bust status yet, but many draft experts said he can't shoot, zero handle, etc..
Predictably terrible take from you on a 20-year-old Jaylen Brown. I'm sure it's based on about a 20-minute sample size, too.

Reaction Score
Yes, because we should always expect with hard work anyone can be the next MJ, Kobe or LeBron.

My point is I would have given up Crowder, #3 (Brown) and what else were they asking for for Butler.

You wouldn't?

Predictably terrible take from you on a 20-year-old Jaylen Brown. I'm sure it's based on about a 20-minute sample size, too.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Box score bozos who don't watch games have the best takes.

Reaction Score
I said he's not worth $30M/year

I would have never drafted Brown and would have traded for Noel, Butler or something else

Hopefully they will move Brown if Cousins or others are available closer to the deadline.

Especially the ones who also think that the 24-year-old NL MVP is overrated and a bust.

Reaction Score
Why is Noel being lumped in with players like Butler and Cousins?

One of those things is not like the others...

Reaction Score
Butler and Cousins would require huge packages, Noel a lot less. If Butler it's Brown, Crowder and probably one of the Nets' picks either 2017 or 2018.

Cousins even more.

Why is Noel being lumped in with players like Butler and Cousins?

One of those things is not like the others...

Reaction Score
Kemba and JL keeping the Hornets ahead of Melo and the Knicks by 11 at the half.

Great shooting from Kemba with 18 and Jeremy already has 11 and 11.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Cal took Tyreke, Doron Lamb and Brandon Knight. Can't argue with those choices, but we clearly got the better of the deal.
Those three were better as freshman, that's Cal's scouting forte, finding the best guys right now in each class. But the Husky trio all developed into the better players as of today.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
I would argue that Jeremy was better than Doron by the end of his freshman year, but your point definitely holds.
Definitely agree with that. I remember there was serious chatter of some teams saying they'd take Lamb late lottery/1st if he left after his freshman year. He wisely stayed and built up his stock but he could have been a first rounder as a freshman in my opinion. He had all the physical tools you would want in a 2 guard as a GM, plus the intangibles he showed as one of the best freshman in the country at the end of the year coming up big game after game.

Reaction Score
Lamb going nuts in his return, was a top 15 sg in rpm last year, how hard is it to see he should play major minutes along side kemba? he should start and rich cho should listen to offers on a MKG + hawes package. If batum can't handle small forwards defensively they shouldnt have paid him all that money, facts.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Lamb going nuts in his return, was a top 15 sg in rpm last year, how hard is it to see he should play major minutes along side kemba?
He's been hurt. This is literally his first game all year at 100% health.

he should start and rich cho should listen to offers on a MKG + hawes package. If batum can't handle small forwards defensively they shouldnt have paid him all that money, facts.
They're not going to trade MKG. I'm sure they'll trade Hawes if they can get anything half-decent in return.

As for Batum, he's always been a smidge better than average defensively, and a wonderful all-around offensive player. I'm sure once he's back from injury (and Marvin Williams) Clifford will figure out how to rotate all of those wings, plus Kemba & Sessions and end up a top 4 team in the East.

Reaction Score
They're not going to trade MKG. I'm sure they'll trade Hawes if they can get anything half-decent in return.

As for Batum, he's always been a smidge better than average defensively, and a wonderful all-around offensive player. I'm sure once he's back from injury (and Marvin Williams) Clifford will figure out how to rotate all of those wings, plus Kemba & Sessions and end up a top 4 team in the East.

Hawes has basically 0 trade value, they'd probably be happy to trade him for anyone willing to offer cash or a late 2nd.

Batum is also well above average defensively, that's been his calling card as a player for years now.

Anyways, great stats for Lamb tonight! I didn't get to see the game, but I hope he was tighter defensively, and I hope he's given enough of a leash to play through if he loses a defender, it's not like Bellineli is a great option.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Hawes has basically 0 trade value, they'd probably be happy to trade him for anyone willing to offer cash or a late 2nd.

Batum is also well above average defensively, that's been his calling card as a player for years now.
I think you're confusing him with MKG, who's a legitimate high-end stopper. Batum's calling card is his ability as a point forward -- you can run the offense through him for huge swathes of time, which makes him a perfect complementary piece for a team built around Kemba.

Defensively he's a little bit above average because of his length. But bigger wings abuse him (he didn't guard Carmelo or Kawhi this week) and he has trouble keeping up with the best SGs when they run him off of screens.

Reaction Score
I think you're confusing him with MKG, who's a legitimate high-end stopper. Batum's calling card is his ability as a point forward -- you can run the offense through him for huge swathes of time, which makes him a perfect complementary piece for a team built around Kemba.

Defensively he's a little bit above average because of his length. But bigger wings abuse him (he didn't guard Carmelo or Kawhi this week) and he has trouble keeping up with the best SGs when they run him off of screens.

No need to be patronizing. Batum has long been considered a high end defensive player, his passing ability has only been more recently recognized and utilized. He also held Melo to 7-25 last night, and even though Kawhi and Melo had good games on him earlier in the week, Leonard is arguably the only nightmare defender at SF anyways, and 2 elite offensive players having good games over the span of a week doesn't take away from the fact that Batum is probably a top 5 defender at his position (among starters). I'd love to discuss if you could propose 5 better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom