NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
First night of a 'full slate' for the NBA. Some story lines concerning alum in action tonight specifically:
  • How do the pistons look without Reggie Jackson running the pnr with drummond, will it affect dre's overall offensive efficiency?
  • How much better is drummond defensively? A talented rebounder in the paint, he still doesn't 'control the backline' in the same way gobert or DJ does.
  • Drummond Free Throws
  • For Kemba, is he really 100%? I was not impressed in the preseason and clifford was just running him into the ground. He is coming off knee surgery, was cleared maybe 3 weeks ago.
  • Rudy has made it clear he isn't returning next season to SAC, we are just waiting day to day for the guy to be traded ( it is beneficial to make this sort of trade before january, rudys value is going down every game he plays). Buzz of a dragic - collison/gay deal has cooled.
  • Lamb will have opportunities, but given his lackadaisical defensive effort game to game i'm hoping he starts the season smoking ( no pun intended, don't smoke weed in season jeremy) hot like last year. Really force cliffords hand here, because if he isn't efficient he wont play. No room for error with marco hanging around.

this thread will likely get buried but thought i'd try to start something.

Reaction Score
Belinelli ahead of Lamb in the rotation despite Lamb outplaying him in the preseason, dude wasn't even good for SAC last year. I know Lamb has his defensive issues but his attitude and approach must be awful to get passed up by this dude.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Belinelli ahead of Lamb in the rotation despite Lamb outplaying him in the preseason, dude wasn't even good for SAC last year. I know Lamb has his defensive issues but his attitude and approach must be awful to get passed up by this dude.
Clifford has a thing with lamb, remember I talked about it last year. It's perplexing to outsiders who don't watch game to game, I hear Nate Duncan always confused why lamb isn't given more tick. It just is what is, he has to force his hand by filling it up.

Reaction Score
Clifford has a thing with lamb, remember I talked about it last year. It's perplexing to outsiders who don't watch game to game, I hear Nate Duncan always confused why lamb isn't given more tick. It just is what is, he has to force his hand by filling it up.
But that's two coaches now, at some point dude's gotta get it together.

Edit: Probably spoke too soon since he is getting the backup SF minutes while MB gets the backup SG minutes

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty solid minutes. I like the hornets, minus all their mediocre bigs. If they had say, Myles turner , instead of frank I'd be all in.

Reaction Score
Did not expect Myles Turner to be this good based off of that year at Texas. Yea, Charlotte would be ridic with him instead of Kaminsky.

Reaction Score
Did not expect Myles Turner to be this good based off of that year at Texas. Yea, Charlotte would be ridic with him instead of Kaminsky.

I watched him a lot at Texas and he would put together some very impressive stretches. I don't know that it's fair to blame Barnes for his - relatively - underwhelming year there, but he never did seem to get lumped in with Towns and Okafor when talking about elite big man prospects and I never quite understood why.

Crazy how many one and dones filtered through Texas during the Barnes era, though, that were relatively anonymous in college and ended up becoming very good pros (off the top of my head, Bradley, Thompson, Joseph, Turner, etc.) That 2011 team that we beat w/ Joseph, Thompson, D-Ham's brother and some other dudes I'm forgetting was sneaky loaded.

Meanwhile, Davis went crazy tonight (predictable after so many people seemed to view him as an afterthought this off-season when discussing the leagues best players) and Embiid was impressive as hell. The big man revolution might actually be a thing.

Reaction Score
I
Meanwhile, Davis went crazy tonight (predictable after so many people seemed to view him as an afterthought this off-season when discussing the leagues best players) and Embiid was impressive as hell. The big man revolution might actually be a thing.
Embid is legit, I've done a 180 on the kid, great game & personality - I'm still anti-process but rooting hard for Embid to stay healthy.

Reaction Score
Still lost! He needs to be on a real team. That kid is pretty special though.

If he can play 75-78 games and maybe squeeze into the playoffs, i think we are looking at a legit MVP candidate along with Russ and Kawhi Leonard.

Reaction Score
If he can play 75-78 games and maybe squeeze into the playoffs, i think we are looking at a legit MVP candidate along with Russ and Kawhi Leonard.
Don't forget Harden, I've got him as the co-favorite due to offensive numbers under D'antoni. If he can help Steve Nash to MVP over Shaq & Duncan, Harden's going to put up crazy numbers. Everyone thinks Westbrook could average a triple double but I'd put good odds on Harden leading the league in both scoring and assists.

*LeBron!

Reaction Score
Don't forget Harden, I've got him as the co-favorite due to offensive numbers under D'antoni. If he can help Steve Nash to MVP over Shaq & Duncan, Harden's going to put up crazy numbers. Everyone thinks Westbrook could average a triple double but I'd put good odds on Harden leading the league in both scoring and assists.

*LeBron!

Problem it the Rockets are more likely to miss the playoffs. They lost to the lakers opening night and harden put up like 18 assts. They literally over have one defensive presence in their starting lineup.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
No idea why D'Antoni waited until under 8 left to put Harden back in last night. Over the stretch JH sat the Lakers cut away the 7 point lead Houston had and added a couple on top. I think Mike might be trying too hard to not do "the Mike D'Antoni" thing and burn your star guard out at 40mpg.

Reaction Score
No idea why D'Antoni waited until under 8 left to put Harden back in last night. Over the stretch JH sat the Lakers cut away the 7 point lead Houston had and added a couple on top. I think Mike might be trying too hard to not do "the Mike D'Antoni" thing and burn your star guard out at 40mpg.

I was wondering what happened. Fell asleep at the beginning of the 4th. I know he went to the line a good amount, but creating Harden was so fun to watch, especially prepared to drawing fouls Harden.

Reaction Score
Problem it the Rockets are more likely to miss the playoffs. They lost to the lakers opening night and harden put up like 18 assts. They literally over have one defensive presence in their starting lineup.

I don't think anyone has the Rockets missing the playoffs. They should be a lot better this year. They miss Beverly a lot as he is a lock down defender, plus MD will not be giving double digit minutes to guys like Decker and Ennis.

Reaction Score
D'antoni also took capela out for no reason late, I love Clint capelas upside , especially for any DFS players.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone has the Rockets missing the playoffs. They should be a lot better this year. They miss Beverly a lot as he is a lock down defender, plus MD will not be giving double digit minutes to guys like Decker and Ennis.

I think the Jazz and Wolves will be much better. Suns could surprise. Lakers putting up 120 on the Rockets makes me think it could be a theme as the season progresses. D Russell, J Clarkson, and Randle are solid players, but the Rockets made them look a lot better than they are because their defense is a sieve. Harden is good enough to get a few 50/50 wins and maybe eek out a playoff berth, still I don't think it's unreasonable to think their defense has regressed such that they miss the playoffs.

Reaction Score
KG will be joining the TNT crew next Thursday. Barkley took a dig at KG saying he retired 2 years ago lol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think the Jazz and Wolves will be much better. Suns could surprise. Lakers putting up 120 on the Rockets makes me think it could be a theme as the season progresses. D Russell, J Clarkson, and Randle are solid players, but the Rockets made them look a lot better than they are because their defense is a sieve. Harden is good enough to get a few 50/50 wins and maybe eek out a playoff berth, still I don't think it's unreasonable to think their defense has regressed such that they miss the playoffs.
Agree, on Jazz & Wolves being improved. On Houston all valid points, but returning to Davis v Harden MVP Houston is way more likely to make the playoffs (Houston over/under 44, Pells = 37). I'd put Dallas & Memphis as questionable to make playoffs again, not Houston. But its going to be a slugfest between 4-5+ teams (OKC not a lock either), assuming health I'd wager on Jazz & Memphis with Pells, Mavs & TWolves singing the blues.

Reaction Score
I know its only 2 games, but it looks like Kawhi has taken yet another leap with his offensive skillset, there was a stretch in the 3rd quarter of the Kings/SAS game where he completely swung the game on both ends of the court. He was out there bullying Ben McElemore, back to back plays where he just snatched the ball from him in triple threat position and Joeger had to take him out of the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom