NBA Discussion 2016/2017 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA Discussion 2016/2017

Reaction Score
I know its only 2 games, but it looks like Kawhi has taken yet another leap with his offensive skillset, there was a stretch in the 3rd quarter of the Kings/SAS game where he completely swung the game on both ends of the court. He was out there bullying Ben McElemore, back to back plays where he just snatched the ball from him in triple threat position and Joeger had to take him out of the game.
I hear Kawhi has big hands.

Reaction Score
I know its only 2 games, but it looks like Kawhi has taken yet another leap with his offensive skillset, there was a stretch in the 3rd quarter of the Kings/SAS game where he completely swung the game on both ends of the court. He was out there bullying Ben McElemore, back to back plays where he just snatched the ball from him in triple threat position and Joeger had to take him out of the game.

I don't know, I was told before the season by SAS that Melo was better.

Reaction Score
I don't know, I was told before the season by SAS that Melo was better.
speaking of SAS, the guy admitted on first take yesterday to working hard to get hinkie fired. he has absolutely no clue what the hell is talking about 99% time. My favorite recent SAS blunder is him trashing the hell out of porzingis before even seeing him play.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Kemba shot 7 of 18 and Batum went 4 for 14, yet the Hornets found a way to make up a 19 point halftime deficit and beat miami by 6! Lamb at 7 of 12 was the only Hornet over 50% FG tonight. He threw in 8 boards an assist and a block for good measure.

The Pistons crushed the Magic. Drummond only had 12 points on 5 for 14 shooting, but was 2 of 2 from the line. Oh yeah, there was the matter of 20 boards, an assist and 2 steals as well.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score

lamb with a fantastic outing tonight. 16 pts on 10 shots and 7 boards. in 21 minutes.

That was a hell of a move.

Reaction Score
Not a bad night for alums, Kemba and Lamb had good nights, AD is a boarding machine. Its a very key year for Lamb and Shabazz, this has got to be the year Kemba gets into the Allstar game.

Reaction Score

wasn't shooting well but played a good half. hopefully this isn't bad, hamstring injuries blow.

edit:

not good, this is going to keep him out some time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

wasn't shooting well but played a good half. hopefully this isn't bad, hamstring injuries blow.

edit:

not good, this is going to keep him out some time.

This sucks. I don't know why this is, but Jeremy is the guy in the League I root the hardest for.

Reaction Score
This sucks. I don't know why this is, but Jeremy is the guy in the League I root the hardest for.
he's been stigmatized because of that harden trade, i still think he's an impact rotation guy for sure. this sucks really bad he'll easily be out a month and the injury is one of those that can linger. not to mention the guy is sort of fighting for minutes.

Reaction Score
Been a tough beginning of the year health-wise. Drummond taking the nasty elbow game one (fortunately nothing serious), Kemba not looking 100% and now Lamb out.

Reaction Score
This Kemba IT matchup is a treat, these guys really get after it and are dynamic downhill off the pnr.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Kemba back to having zero help. Watched the entire Cs Hornets game today just to watch Kemba getting open looks for his posse of clowns and the Hawes-Kaminsky-Zeller triplets only for everyone to put up brick after brick.

I think the Hornets massively overachieved last year and losing Lin will hurt way more than they initially expected. Hope Kemba's %s don't dip back down.

Reaction Score
Highlights from Drummond's 20p/23r game:

He looks much improved on offense this year. He's finally showing a strong faceup game, using his quickness and handles to get by opposing centers. There are few players who can keep up with Drummond's combination of strength and speed.

He looks poised for another all-star season.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Drummond looking leaner and meaner than last year.

Reaction Score
Kemba back to having zero help. Watched the entire Cs Hornets game today just to watch Kemba getting open looks for his posse of clowns and the Hawes-Kaminsky-Zeller triplets only for everyone to put up brick after brick.

I think the Hornets massively overachieved last year and losing Lin will hurt way more than they initially expected. Hope Kemba's %s don't dip back down.

Too early to say imo, they struggled at home against the Cs last year with Lin, they don't matchup well with them for whatever reason. Offensively they will miss him a ton but I think losing him in exchange for the hopefully healthy MKG that they didn't have last year is a good tradeoff, he was their bast player a couple years ago and the impact he has defensively is immense, he really helped swing that game around in the 3rd against Miami. I don't like the Bellineli addition at all tho, dude takes all kind of ridiculous leaning and swaying shots that aren't close, if Lamb took those kind of shots Clifford would send a sub to the scorers table before the shot hit the back rim.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
Too early to say imo, they struggled at home against the Cs last year with Lin, they don't matchup well with them for whatever reason. Offensively they will miss him a ton but I think losing him in exchange for the hopefully healthy MKG that they didn't have last year is a good tradeoff, he was their bast player a couple years ago and the impact he has defensively is immense, he really helped swing that game around in the 3rd against Miami. I don't like the Bellineli addition at all tho, dude takes all kind of ridiculous leaning and swaying shots that aren't close, if Lamb took those kind of shots Clifford would send a sub to the scorers table before the shot hit the back rim.
I really can never co-sign MKG, I hate his game and think he seriously lacks a skilled offensive game, despite being a decent defender. I think Charlotte has drafted pretty badly since taking Kemba in my opinion but to each his own.

Reaction Score
Great defender, great slasher, not a good shot
I really can never co-sign MKG, I hate his game and think he seriously lacks a skilled offensive game, despite being a decent defender. I think Charlotte has drafted pretty badly since taking Kemba in my opinion but to each his own.
but he has gotten it better. If he hadn't had all those shoulder injuries he'd be a borderline all-star by this point IMO

Reaction Score
How is mkg only considered a decent defender to you? He's one of the best in the league period , it's a commonly held opinion. And zeller was an excellent pick in hindsight looking at Noel's struggles to stay healthy.

I'm into Charlotte , I just don't really now about Clifford. He really is kinda insane he marched off without answering reporters seemingly to bite his tongue before he ripped a player the other day. He is very old school in his approach and that kind of coaching wears on players , very similar to svg which makes sense since he coached under Jeff.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
How is mkg only considered a decent defender to you? He's one of the best in the league period , it's a commonly held opinion. And zeller was an excellent pick in hindsight looking at Noel's struggles to stay healthy.

I'm into Charlotte , I just don't really now about Clifford. He really is kinda insane he marched off without answering reporters seemingly to bite his tongue before he ripped a player the other day. He is very old school in his approach and that kind of coaching wears on players , very similar to svg which makes sense since he coached under Jeff.
He's decent because he ALWAYS HURT. How can I honestly assess a guy consistently defending against the best players in the league if he's always on the sideline.

Reaction Score
He's decent because he ALWAYS HURT. How can I honestly assess a guy consistently defending against the best players in the league if he's always on the sideline.
Fair enough , think your opinion will change in the coming months tho.

Reaction Score
lambs hamstring strain will be reevaluated in 1-2 weeks according to hornets pr. Good news its not a month from now but hopefully he heals fast, CHA needs offense off the bench.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom