Naheim Alleyne to St. John's | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne to St. John's

Reaction Score
I don't view it that way
Floyd to PC was another story.
And a good call. I always felt the castle and ball tumors pushed him out more than anything else

Reaction Score
1681695110054.gif

Reaction Score
Does he really think he will start for St. John's when that roster is completed?
You do realize he was a 3 year starter at Virginia Tech, which was an NCAA Tournament team all the years he was there (2020 NCAA Tournament was cancelled)? He happened to be on a loaded team last season and then he was one of the first guys off the bench. He is a good college player. I'd be shocked if he doesn't start at St. John's next season. Who else do you think Pitino is getting?

Reaction Score
Nahiem played fewer minutes this past season than he did in each of his three seasons at Virginia Tech and will likely get more at St. John’s. He accepted his role and played it exceptionally well and helped to win a championship. Look at his ig post, FWIW- teammates and coaches (Dan, Luke) liked the post. They support his right to make the choice and appreciate what he meant to UConn.

Reaction Score
I know we’re supposed to say nice things. And I have. But this is disgusting. I can’t root for him next season now. It will have to wait another year. Nahiem is the enemy for 12 more months
Noooooo :(

Reaction Score
Nahiem played fewer minutes this past season than he did in each of his three seasons at Virginia Tech and will likely get more at St. John’s. He accepted his role and played it exceptionally well and helped to win a championship. Look at his ig post, FWIW- teammates and coaches (Dan, Luke) liked the post. They support his right to make the choice and appreciate what he meant to UConn.
We all do. From what I’ve gathered

Reaction Score
You do realize he was a 3 year starter at Virginia Tech, which was an NCAA Tournament team all the years he was there (2020 NCAA Tournament was cancelled)? He happened to be on a loaded team last season and then he was one of the first guys off the bench. He is a good college player. I'd be shocked if he doesn't start at St. John's next season. Who else do you think Pitino is getting?
Yeah I do but he definitely is limited offensively and not a great 3 point shooter but he does play great d. Either way it hurts he is playing for St. John's. why can't these kids go to a different confrernece.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So does Alleyne gets his championship ring in gampel in a St John’s jersey.
Shark Tank No GIF

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
For me it has ZERO to do with anything you just said. I appreciate Nahiem so much that I don’t want to do the mental gymnastics of having to play him. 2 times next season. I felt the same way about Terrance Samuel at USF
You underestimate yourself. I have full confidence it will come easier for you this time given that you had practice with TSam.

Reaction Score
Hope he’s getting decent NIL money to play for slick Rick.

Wish him all the best, slick Rick not so much. Hope PC puts a beat down on RP for old times sake.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It is getting tiring explaining to UConn fans that it is not in our interest for Big East teams to be dumpster fires. St. Johns and Butler look really bad right now, and Depaul and potentially Seton Hall don't look much better. Georgetown and Providence hopefully won't suck. Villanova is the only team in the league that didn't make the Tournament that looks like it is actually a Tournament caliber squad next year. For the math-challenged among you, that is 4 of the 11 teams in the conference that look pretty bad before a ball is tipped next season. Butler, St. Johns, Depaul and Seton Hall all need either major, and unexpected, player improvement or a miracle commitment to challenge for a tournament bid next season. And it is only April 16.

If Alleyne, who was going to struggle to get on the court at UConn, can make St. Johns suck a little less, then I have no problem with him going there.
It's simple. Any school in any power conference outside of the conference UConn happens to be in is a greater threat to UConn's chances of success than any school within that conference.

UConn first. Conference mates second. Weakest outside conferences third.

We're competing for eyeballs, revenue and best players. It's like fans forget our history. JC touted the BE to prospective recruits for a reason. Georgetown is currently doing the same.

And I'll go one step further. Between our conference mates those geographically closer to us add more value to UConn if they are relevant than those geographically distant from us. Almost every great rivalry has two or more programs in proximity to one another. It increases casual fan excitement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom