Naheim Alleyne to St. John's | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne to St. John's

Reaction Score
He will start at the 2 , How well he does will depend primarily on Pitino’s ability to recruit first a PG that can deliver the ball and how good the cast around him is .
The kid was great for us when it counted as a second or third option , I wish he was going out of conference but these are facts of life in today’s college BB . We would grab an available in conference player if he filled a need. I can’t fault a guy for looking for playing time in his last year.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Slick Rick probably talked to him in the handshake line

"I'll give you the time you deserve my son" Then kissed him on the cheek

Reaction Score
Have nothing but positive thoughts and best wishes for helping us get #5. No matter what happens in games down the road. Wish him well.

Reaction Score
Some of us Remember the Louie days they were tough .
I remember there was a real fist fight between our mascots.right below us in Hartford very intense. They were the Redmen back in the day thier mascot was dressed as such.
They were also our first opponent at Gampel when it opened late 1990
Even the Ron Artest ( aka Meta world peace) team1998-99 was our first NC biggest. Rival .
I believe they were FF that years and
their last Big East tourney title was 2000. . But they’ve had some great players and coaches through the years . . Whether Rick can bring them glory who knows but a few years ago UConn was considered dead .
St John's almost made FF in 99. They lost to Ohio State the game before we played em'

Reaction Score
Let's F in go Nahiem. No hard feelings. A bench but solid player at UConn, a starter at St. John's.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I remember there was a real fist fight between our mascots.right below us in Hartford very intense. They were the Redmen back in the day thier mascot was dressed as such.
Even the Ron Artest ( aka Meta world peace) team1998-99 was our first NC biggest. Rival .
their last Big East tourney title was 2000. . But they’ve had some great players and coaches through the years . . Whether Rick can bring them glory who knows but a few years ago UConn was considered dead .
They were a high seed, but lost to Ohio State. St. Johns was a solid program up through the Mike Jarvis years.

Reaction Score
I sure remember those years. I remember one game with Albert Mouring defending Omar Cooke in 2000 or 2001. You could read Omar's lips mouthing "you think you're macho b**ch" on ESPN.

I also remember Ron Artest admitting that he admired the way that UConn played in the late 90's.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The Artest teams were tough with those Jordan jerseys. Barkley, Thornton , Postell etc

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Slick Rick probably talked to him in the handshake line

"I'll give you the time you deserve my son" Then kissed him on the cheek
Disturbing, but funny

Reaction Score
As I suggested in the original "Alleyne to the Portal" thread. Good luck to Naheim! Looking forward to seeing what you can do against us next season! Thanks for your contributions to #5!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I officially hate the prospect of facing Naheim in any game against the Huskies.

I hate, exponentially, the prospect of facing Naheim in conference play.

He was a headache for our opponents this year.

I hate that he would be a headache for us going forward.

Nonetheless, I am happy for him that he has an opportunity to get starter's minutes going forward.

Reaction Score
St John's almost made FF in 99. They lost to Ohio State the game before we played em'
My memory is going it comes with the years I should have looked it up I also forgot Mike Jarvis’s name .
I remember watching that game but I that it was the. other side of the F4 not the elite 8 .

Reaction Score
I sure remember those years. I remember one game with Albert Mouring defending Omar Cooke in 2000 or 2001. You could read Omar's lips mouthing "you think you're macho b**ch" on ESPN.

I also remember Ron Artest admitting that he admired the way that UConn played in the late 90's.
I remember the The New York Post writer overhearing Artest phoning a friend after the Bug East Tourney blowout he printed it .
The friend must of asked how you did he replied “ They pimped us “

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I remember the The New York Post writer overhearing Artest phoning a friend after the Bug East Tourney blowout he printed it .
The friend must of asked how you did he replied “ They pimped us “
And that was without Emeka.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
They were a high seed, but lost to Ohio State. St. Johns was a solid program up through the Mike Jarvis years.

Jarvis was a pretty good coach that should have been paying at least a little attention to what was happening off the court with his players.

Reaction Score
Pitino already a disruptive force. He's the biggest threat to any UConn dynasty. Top 5 all-time college coach imo.
1681769995365.gif

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
100% happy for Alleyne. Hope he finds pt and professional opportunities in years to come. I'm also curious what Rick gets out of him. Obviously Alleyne played great for us in some big games. In particular NCAA games. But he definitely struggled to find PT at times as well. It would be an interesting comparison. What does Rick get out of Alleyne vs what did DH get out of him. Seems like a potentially heated conversation.
It’s not really that interesting or heated.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom