Naheim Alleyne to St. John's | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Naheim Alleyne to St. John's

Reaction Score
I know we’re supposed to say nice things. And I have. But this is disgusting. I can’t root for him next season now. It will have to wait another year. Nahiem is the enemy for 12 more months
He was getting squeezed out of the rotation. I'm not going to begrudge the guy for that. St. John's is barely a rival and they have a ton of PT. If he wants to go to a place with 2 guaranteed losses and at least 1 home game with more away fans than home fans, that's fine. I'll root for him for every game except those 2.

Reaction Score
He was getting squeezed out of the rotation. I'm not going to begrudge the guy for that. St. John's is barely a rival and they have a ton of PT. If he wants to go to a place with 2 guaranteed losses and at least 1 home game with more away fans than home fans, that's fine. I'll root for him for every game except those 2.
I’m not actually upset with him lol. It was tongue in cheek. It definitely sucks that we have to play him at least 2 times next season. Hopefully we honor him when they come up to storrs. Still I’d much rather him had ended up in another power conference

Reaction Score
WTF! | Reaction GIFs

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yup, this is where my head is at.

Thanks for this year but this is like a backstab.

See ya.
Backstab?

Cmon. Kid gave us all he had and helped us to #5 . He’s a baller, he wants big minutes next year, he was told he wouldn’t get big minutes here. He had to go.I will cheer this kid on for rest of his life. I want to beat the team he is on now but that’s the extent of my feelings.

Reaction Score
I couldn't imagine playing for a competitor. However, I did state previously that he'd probably end up is St. John's or PC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It is getting tiring explaining to UConn fans that it is not in our interest for Big East teams to be dumpster fires. St. Johns and Butler look really bad right now, and Depaul and potentially Seton Hall don't look much better. Georgetown and Providence hopefully won't suck. Villanova is the only team in the league that didn't make the Tournament that looks like it is actually a Tournament caliber squad next year. For the math-challenged among you, that is 4 of the 11 teams in the conference that look pretty bad before a ball is tipped next season. Butler, St. Johns, Depaul and Seton Hall all need either major, and unexpected, player improvement or a miracle commitment to challenge for a tournament bid next season. And it is only April 16.

If Alleyne, who was going to struggle to get on the court at UConn, can make St. Johns suck a little less, then I have no problem with him going there.

Reaction Score
I’m not actually upset with him lol. It was tongue in cheek. It definitely sucks that we have to play him at least 2 times next season. Hopefully we honor him when they come up to storrs. Still I’d much rather him had ended up in another power conference
Just for the record, this is my feeling as well, was being a bit facetious. Good for him to go somewhere in a good conference to get playing time… just wish it wasn’t our conference.

Reaction Score
LOL…Many here were salivating over the chance to get AJ Storr from SJU. Didn’t have any issue with intra-conference transfer with that possible move.

Wish nothing but the best to Naheim. Except for when we play him. ;)

Assume he wanted to stay close to Nika. :)
NYC is not that close. UMass or PC were better if that was a concern. UConn an even better option. :)

Reaction Score
It is getting tiring explaining to UConn fans that it is not in our interest for Big East teams to be dumpster fires. St. Johns and Butler look really bad right now, and Depaul and potentially Seton Hall don't look much better. Georgetown and Providence hopefully won't suck. Villanova is the only team in the league that didn't make the Tournament that looks like it is actually a Tournament caliber squad next year. For the math-challenged among you, that is 4 of the 11 teams in the conference that look pretty bad before a ball is tipped next season. Butler, St. Johns, Depaul and Seton Hall all need either major, and unexpected, player improvement or a miracle commitment to challenge for a tournament bid next season. And it is only April 16.

If Alleyne, who was going to struggle to get on the court at UConn, can make St. Johns suck a little less, then I have no problem with him going there.
For me it has ZERO to do with anything you just said. I appreciate Nahiem so much that I don’t want to do the mental gymnastics of having to play him. 2 times next season. I felt the same way about Terrance Samuel at USF

Reaction Score
Backstab?

Cmon. Kid gave us all he had and helped us to #5 . He’s a baller, he wants big minutes next year, he was told he wouldn’t get big minutes here. He had to go.I will cheer this kid on for rest of his life. I want to beat the team he is on now but that’s the extent of my feelings.
This would be like some solid utility guy winning a World Series for your team on a 1 year deal, then signs with your rival to start and make more money. This wouldn’t be like your franchise player a guy in his prime leaving your team to play for your division rival.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Good for him although I wish he'd gone out of conference so I didn't have to root against him (sometimes).

Reaction Score
i love the him too! he didn’t enroll @ depaul. he joined the red devil
1681689714043.gif

pitino is herre

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Yup not a fan of this move. But he won’t make StJohns better than us. He was not going to get a lot of run with the huskies next year.

Reaction Score
Backstab?

I said I was being facetious, I can’t stand St. John’s and seems I’m in the minority here.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I said I was being facetious, I can’t stand St. John’s and seems I’m in the minority here.

St. Johns sucks now. If UConn loses to St. Johns next year, we should look within.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom