Music Mount Rushmores by state | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Music Mount Rushmores by state

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Totie used to mention her high school boyfriend in her act - Moe Budkofsky, who lived 2 houses away from me when I was growing up and friends with his kid Alan.
I hadn’t heard of her and the first time I ever saw Totie Fields was on the Ed Sullivan Show. She pulled out a Weaver High pennant as part of her act. Total surprise and she cracked me up.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I hadn’t heard of her and the first time I ever saw Totie Fields was on the Ed Sullivan Show. She pulled out a Weaver High pennant as part of her act. Total surprise and she cracked me up.
My dad's cousin Eddie Simmons was Norman Lear's writing partner for Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Toto is a decent CT band from Rocky Hill

Who likes the Doobie Brothers? We’ve got one!

My grandmother used to play bridge with the mother of the guy from Dire Straits.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Does Keith Richards count?
Of course Keith Richards counts! He has lived in Weston for years. He alone, might make Connecticut the greatest rock and roll state. (Although he may be cancelled out by Michael Bolton).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Of course Keith Richards counts! ... (Although he may be cancelled out by Michael Bolton).
Not cancelled, yin and yang. One dropped a letter from their given name, the other added one.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
CT:
Carpenters
John Mayer
Liz Phair
Michael Bolton

I'd rather listen to Michael Bolton than Jon Bon Jovi.
Gene Pitney, "The Rockville Rocket", has to be on that rock.

EDIT, I see Madman mentioned him earlier.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Who likes the Doobie Brothers? We’ve got one!

My grandmother used to play bridge with the mother of the guy from Dire Straits.

Mark Knopfler? Seeing him later this summer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Mark Knopfler? Seeing him later this summer.

Sonni I think?

There is only a certain age group that hears Mark Knopfler and thinks Jerky Boys.

MARK KNOPFLER

Reaction Score
Chris Webby is a D list rapper from Norwalk and Greens Farms Academy who sold me weed in HS and somehow dated Halle Berry.
Wait, what? Chris Webby dated Halle Berry???

I always thought he was whack but gained respect for him when he did Five Dingers of Death on Sway's show, don't like his songs but he freestyles better than like 98% of dudes. Halle Berry? Now I have a whole new level of respect for him.

Wouldn't call it dating Halle Berry. As his record exec put it he was a side piece of hers when he was out that way. Still cool but dating might be overstating it

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You forgot the Remains, Beacon Street Union, and the Barbarians for starters.

Never heard of them. I did leave off New Kids, Til Tuesday and others

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So if we are really talking about Mount Rushmore, then we need individual musical stars (whether in a band or not). Should be born or at least raised in the place. Not just a current resident.

@Guapo the top of the GA list would have to be Johnny Mercer. You've also got Ray Charles, Little Richard, James Brown, Alan Jackson and a few others. Michael Stipe is best known from REM. None of the B52s are well known individually.

Reaction Score
So if we are really talking about Mount Rushmore, then we need individual musical stars (whether in a band or not). Should be born or at least raised in the place. Not just a current resident.

@Guapo the top of the GA list would have to be Johnny Mercer. You've also got Ray Charles, Little Richard, James Brown, Alan Jackson and a few others. Michael Stipe is best known from REM. None of the B52s are well known individually.

How could I have forgotten James Brown??

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The irony of an insufferable writer spouting off about the insufferable musician . . .

Yeah Billy Joel stinks - he just sells out the Garden at huge prices anytime he wants to take a chopper into the city.

Anyone who has been to one of those shows and didn’t have a great time has something very wrong with them.

Reaction Score
Yeah Billy Joel stinks - he just sells out the Garden at huge prices anytime he wants to take a chopper into the city.

Anyone who has been to one of those shows and didn’t have a great time has something very wrong with them.

I’m guessing you’re a big Nickleback fan too

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’m guessing you’re a big Nickleback fan too

1. I actually posted in this thread about seeing Nickleback and they stunk.

2. Comparing Nickleback to Billy Joel is absurd.

I love the BY - the nonsensical posturing is amazing.

Reaction Score
Cali?

Tupac
Dre
Metallica
GNR
CCR
Van Halen

List goes on.

They got a ton.

Reaction Score
1. I actually posted in this thread about seeing Nickleback and they stunk.

2. Comparing Nickleback to Billy Joel is absurd.

I love the BY - the nonsensical posturing is amazing.

You definitely drive down 95 belting out “Shot through heart/And you’re to blame/you gave luuuv a bad name/“ while drumming on your steering wheel.

Piano Man gives you goosebumps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom