Music Mount Rushmores by state | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Music Mount Rushmores by state

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol @whaler11 likes Bon Jovi lol

I’ve seen them a couple of times. Good shows. They are fine.

Husker Du lol.

Bon Jovi is playing giant stadiums in Russia and Southside Johnny is playing the Ridgefield Playhouse. Also headlined the worst Mike and the Mad Dog shows of all time.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I love the Boneyard.

Bon Jovi has an album named NEW JERSEY.

It has 5 top 100 singles. 2 hit #1.

It was the #1 album for 8 weeks and is 7x certified platinum.

And oh yeah it’s named NEW JERSEY.

It’s like doing a Yankees mt rushmore and leaving off Babe Ruth for Kevin Maas.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
100 million Bob Jovi fans can be wrong, you included.

I used to date this rich girl who loved them. She would rent us limos from Ffld to the Meadowlands for the shows.

Looked good in leather pants. Who argues with that.

One time Nickleback opened up. They were legitimately horrible.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
How about Chris Carraba (Dashboard Confessional) if we’re tossing around Rivers?

Reaction Score
If you lean on sales, charts, and awards I submit
Indiana:
Michael Jackson
Janet Jackson
Babyface
Axl Rose or John Mellencamp

Michigan:
Stevie Wonder
Madonna
Smokey
Eminem

Tennessee:
Aretha
Dolly
Tina Turner
Justin Timberlake

But Jersey has good case.

Reaction Score
Massachusetts beats Connecticut pretty handily. Not sure CA can lose this.

Boston, Aerosmith, J. Giels, The Cars, James Taylor, Donna Summer, Pixies. Those all beat Michael Bolton.

Louisiana is going to do pretty well if you like Jazz.

You forgot the Remains, Beacon Street Union, and the Barbarians for starters.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Does Totie Fields count?

Pitney counts. Sold a ton of records, with a long career in Europe after he faded in the US. But I believe he maintained a home in the Enfield area.

Funny you mention Totie Fields. She graduated from my hs, Hartford Weaver, and my hs senior prom date’s mother was Totie’s best friend. On top of that, family lore has it that Sophie Tucker was married in the same synagogue on the same day as my grandmother, but not to each other.

Reaction Score
Pitney counts. Sold a ton of records, with a long career in Europe after he faded in the US. But I believe he maintained a home in the Enfield area.

Funny you mention Totie Fields. She graduated from my hs, Hartford Weaver, and my hs senior prom date’s mother was Totie’s best friend. On top of that, family lore has it that Sophie Tucker was married in the same synagogue on the same day as my grandmother, but not to each other.

He lived in Somers. I think his wife still does. I didn’t know his songs either until I listened to some and saw what he wrote. Most people over 40 know quite a few of them even though they may not realize it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would you really though?

If your best argument is our # 4 is better than your #4, you've conceded the point.

But if Bon Jovi really offends you can stick in any of: Paul Simon, Count Basie, Diane Warwick, or Frankie Valli as the number 4 hitter for Jersey.
Hey! Doesn’t Paul Simon live in Ct?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he was joking with his #4 and especially his entire list. At least I hope he was. Connecticut's list of famous musicians is incredibly sad. Apathy is an underground rap legend, outside of him August_West is probably the best from the state.

Props for bringing Ap in to the convo. Apathy is hands down the king of CT.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Pitney belongs on the CT Rushmore. Just not mine. Maybe that's why he made all his money overseas.
I saw Bolton two years ago. He speaks highly of you.

Of course Totie wasn’t a singer. My hs also turned out Norman Lear and Louie Nye a laugh riot hs , Unfortunately Charles Nelson Reilly was a Southender.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He lived in Somers. I think his wife still does. I didn’t know his songs either until I listed to some and saw what he wrote. Most people over 40 know quite a few of them even though they may not realize it.
My wife and I travel with a couple who grew up in Rockville and went to hs with Pitney. They said he was a great guy and a top student. I saw him at a rock revival show in Hartford several years ago that included Ronny Specter and Gary US Bonds (who was great). Google them if you’re too young.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This list of Texans starts off with

Willie Nelson
Beyonce
Selena
Buddy Holly

Stevie Ray Vaughan is at #10.

George Jones and George Strait in the teens and Roy Orbison is mid-20's.

That's some good bench strength.

Out of all the lists I've seen so far, Washington state is way ahead with Mich a solid #2.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Tennessee produces good country musicians, but most country stars aren’t from there or anything.

Just for fun, I looked at those raised in NC and came up with James Taylor, John Coltrane, Charlie Daniels, and Nina Simone.

Doc Watson, legendary guitarist

Reaction Score
I’ve seen them a couple of times. Good shows. They are fine.

Husker Du lol.
My brother was in college chaperoning a group of Special Olympians and got tickets to Bon Jovi. They moved them up to the front row, he failed to realize they had hearing issues and didn't deal well with loud noises. It didn't turn out well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom