Music Mount Rushmores by state | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Music Mount Rushmores by state

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My brother was in college chaperoning a group of Special Olympians and got tickets to Bon Jovi. They moved them up to the front row, he failed to realize they had hearing issues and didn't deal well with loud noises. It didn't turn out well.
Especially that song Wanted: Head or a Knife

Reaction Score
I love the Boneyard.

Bon Jovi has an album named NEW JERSEY.

It has 5 top 100 singles. 2 hit #1.

It was the #1 album for 8 weeks and is 7x certified platinum.

And oh yeah it’s named NEW JERSEY.

It’s like doing a Yankees mt rushmore and leaving off Babe Ruth for Kevin Maas.
Springsteen is Babe Ruth, Bon Jovi could maybe be Jeter.

Reaction Score
Chris Webby is a D list rapper from Norwalk and Greens Farms Academy who sold me weed in HS and somehow dated Halle Berry.
Wait, what? Chris Webby dated Halle Berry???

I always thought he was whack but gained respect for him when he did Five Dingers of Death on Sway's show, don't like his songs but he freestyles better than like 98% of dudes. Halle Berry? Now I have a whole new level of respect for him.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would think Tennessee would have the deepest roster with all the musician's from Nashville and Memphis.

Aretha Franklin (Sorry @Guapo she was born in Memphis not Mich).
Tina Turner
Justin Timberlake
Kenny Chesney
Mylie Cyrus
Gregg Allman
Duane Allman

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Springsteen is Babe Ruth, Bon Jovi could maybe be Jeter.

Yeah Bon Jovi isn’t Ruth - but people know where Sayreville is because of Bon Jovi.

It doesn’t really matter if one likes them - it’s absurd to say they shouldn’t be on the list.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Massachusetts beats Connecticut pretty handily. Not sure CA can lose this.

Boston, Aerosmith, J. Giels, The Cars, James Taylor, Donna Summer, Pixies. Those all beat Michael Bolton.

Louisiana is going to do pretty well if you like Jazz.

Make sure to have Susan Tedeschi on the masshole list.

Reaction Score
I’ve lived my entire life within an hour of Vernon and I couldn’t tell you one Gene Pitney song.
He did a song called Town Without Pity. Can’t say much about the song except that’s a pretty cool title. He wrote a song called I’m Gonna Be Strong which Cyndi Lauper did a great version imo

Reaction Score
Aretha Franklin (Sorry @Guapo she was born in Memphis not Mich).
Tina Turner
Justin Timberlake
Kenny Chesney
Mylie Cyrus
Gregg Allman
Duane Allman

Yeah but she was raised in Michigan.

Reaction Score
Wait, what? Chris Webby dated Halle Berry???

I always thought he was whack but gained respect for him when he did Five Dingers of Death on Sway's show, don't like his songs but he freestyles better than like 98% of dudes. Halle Berry? Now I have a whole new level of respect for him.

Yeah, much respect. I think he is talented but I haven't listened to him in years. The first time he blew my mind was when he put out a track with Joel Ortiz about a decade ago. I totally forgot about the kid and didn't know he was still rapping and then he turns up on tape with one of the best dudes going at the time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This list of Texans starts off with

Willie Nelson
Beyonce
Selena
Buddy Holly

Stevie Ray Vaughan is at #10.

George Jones and George Strait in the teens and Roy Orbison is mid-20's.

That's some good bench strength.

Out of all the lists I've seen so far, Washington state is way ahead with Mich a solid #2.

ZZ Top belongs on that list somewhere for Texas too. Double Down Live is fantastic.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Huge Bruce fan, but definitely not a Bon Jovi fan. I'd put up Donald Fagen of Steely Dan in my top 4 for NJ.

He was really good in Scrubs.

Steely Dan is good - but Bon Jovi is internationally famous and Steely Dan being a band and not a person was a joke on a national television marketing campaign.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Pitney had 16 top 40 hits.
Al Anderson/ NRBQ/Wildweeds belongs .

Love the way this goes:
1at yarder: I think x is good
2nd yarder: they suck and I would rather go deaf than hear them again.

So cool.

Reaction Score
Gotta rep WA State:

Jimi Hendrix
Bing Crosby
Kenny Loggins
Quincy Jones
Kenny G
Heart (Ann and Nancy Wilson)
Grunge bands (Nivana - Cobain, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam - Vedder, Alice in Chains - Staley, Soundgarden - Cornell)
Alt Rock (Modest Mouse, ODESZA, Death Cab for Cutie)

Vedder grew up in Illinois, California, but joined forces w rest of band to form Pearl Jam in Seattle, so still counts. Washington state is solid as hell. Cornell w Soundgarden and Audioslave, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Jimi Hendrix. Foo Fighters, Death Cab.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Pitney counts. Sold a ton of records, with a long career in Europe after he faded in the US. But I believe he maintained a home in the Enfield area.

Funny you mention Totie Fields. She graduated from my hs, Hartford Weaver, and my hs senior prom date’s mother was Totie’s best friend. On top of that, family lore has it that Sophie Tucker was married in the same synagogue on the same day as my grandmother, but not to each other.
Totie used to mention her high school boyfriend in her act - Moe Budkofsky, who lived 2 houses away from me when I was growing up and friends with his kid Alan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom