Muffet Tweet | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Muffet Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, if you think about it, this "interpretation" is easy to arrive at if you want to get there.

Geno, like just about all D1 coaches was chatting up the ref about things he felt the ref needs to pay attention to or maybe that they missed (in order to, as a minimum, not lose an on court advantage due to officiating "misses") At that point in time it is easy to believe that Geno might have been talking about the chippy play by a star player on the ND team that has potential to cause harm to his players. Arike, hearing Geno complain about her to the officials, combined with the building frustration of the impending loss and her inability to turn that around, exploded at Geno. So you see, if you lay it out that way, by railing to the official about Arike's rough play right in front of her while she's in the midst of losing the game, Geno can easily be interpreted by her as "baited" her.

Now that interpretation would be incorrect but it provides a nice explanation to bridge and cover her unacceptable behavior and push the primary blame to someone else.

So it's not hard to understand, but it doesn't make it correct in any way.

Agreed, it's not hard to understand. Particularly if this is the conclusion that you want to arrive at. I think your description of the likely events is exactly correct. Not hard to understand the "baiting" story, but difficult to believe if one looks at the situation objectively.

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Agreed, it's not hard to understand. Particularly if this is the conclusion that you want to arrive at. I think your description of the likely events is exactly correct. Not hard to understand the "baiting" story, but difficult to believe if one looks at the situation objectively.

The baiting angle is just trying to change the discussion and fuzz over the issue of some nasty play by AO. Geno was not involved in the undercutting of CW, the trip of CD nor the head twist. Also Geno was not at the OSU game. So all the "Geno was baiting" is just trying to move the attention away from a player who deserves some scrutiny.

Reaction Score
Looks like all the online Arike supporters all believe Geno was trashing talking TO Arike and could not tell us how trashy that talk was! I m sure if it were trashy enough, Geno would have got a T. At the same time we all know Arike said word to the opposing coach which earned her a T. Case closed! Even if one ignores what had happened on the court prior to that episode, I just do not understand why anyone would choose to rip Geno for allegedly baiting which did not earned him a T but to defend Arike for allegedly taking the bait, portraying her as an innocent little kid trying to defend herself from an old man. Just bizarre. She is not a freshman. She could let MM do the dirty work.

Reaction Score
It was 2+ hours of disrespect to their fans, their opponent (the pre-game intro, the fouls, and the stuff directed at Lou post-game) and to the game itself.
What happened post-game with Lou? I know she and Mabrey had some exchanges on the floor but didn’t know if anything additional transpired.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This game got to be chippy at times as demonstrated by an Ogunbowale elbow that was jabbed into the throat of Janessa Thropay. She was eventually charged for unsportsmanlike conduct after the referees reviewed the tape when play came to a stop on a Thropay blocking foul against Ogunbowale. How it was justified she could stay in the game was beyond me.

Oregon State Women’s Basketball Can’t Finish Upset Against Notre Dame, Fall 91-81

There was this from March too

Ogunbowale was whistled for a technical foul for kicking her leg up and tripping FSU's Nicki Ekhomu after a turnover with 59.1 seconds left in the first half. Ekhomu hit both free throws for a 41-40 lead, part of FSU's 14-4 run to close the second quarter and erase a 38-29 deficit.

No. 5 Notre Dame women top No. 11 Florida St 90-80 in ACCs

I can sorta, almost understand losing ones mind once but three times in 9 months?
Well Im wondering if there should be a suspension. This has occurred to often.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Too much speculation in this thread. Please read the thread tacked to the top of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom