Muffet Tweet | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Muffet Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
wow! didn't expect her to chime in...haha. This is turning out to be a great day. Hope this helps with our recruiting

It seems like everyone is chiming in today, shooting from the hip, and they’re not wearing gloves. :p

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I doubt that any of them will step up. They're all part of the WBB sorority that share info, interviews etc. None will want to be the outlier or lose access to McGraw and her program. Their mantra will be "We're moving on".

Well I just listened to LaChina's Around the Rim podcast. She and her guest Brooke Weisbrod discussed the game and ended with a discussion of the Arike technical. Brooke was on the other side of the court (attending with a former ND player) so didn't hear what was said. Still, she assumed Geno's comments were directed at Arike (not the Ref) and blamed both sides. No mention of Arike's flagrant foul or the non-call. Gee, do you think that was what Geno was complaining about?

LaChina also failed to mention the fouls and said Arike saying something wrong is out of character (in other words blame Geno).

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
9 pages of UConn fans bashing Muffet after winning the game is pretty pathetic. I shudder to imagine what would have been written had UConn lost!

Well......what can I say? It’s a slow news day in wcbb. We’ve got to have something to talk about, and right now, Muffet and Arike are low hanging fruit. It is what is. :D

Reaction Score
Well I just listened to LaChina's Around the Rim podcast. She and her guest Brooke Weisbrod discussed the game and ended with a discussion of the Arike technical. Brooke was on the other side of the court (attending with a former ND player) so didn't hear what was said. Still, she assumed Geno's comments were directed at Arike (not the Ref) and blamed both sides. No mention of Arike's flagrant foul or the non-call. Gee, do you think that was what Geno was complaining about?

LaChina also failed to mention the fouls and said Arike saying something wrong is out of character (in other words blame Geno).
I think these types of podcasts are not going to go wildly Un PC so i think the responses are what they are. Deep down everyone will have an opinion about what happened who are not ND or UCONN fans. I believe most will obviously be siding with UCONN from the flagrant fouls perspective, but to be honest, I really don't think Geno did anything wrong other than what most coaches do, which is to point out something that is happening on the court to the ref. Now if this topic was handled on lets say sports talk radio (which it won't) like the WFAN in the NY area, i can see lots more passionate responses.

Reaction Score

No surprise. I don't take any of them seriously anyway.

Siestakeyfan

Sailing at Block Island Race Week
Reaction Score
Hopefully the attention that she gained nationwide Sunday has also got the attention of the NCAA and the officials that work women’s games. If I’m a referee, I’m watching her closely now and for the rest of the season.
She’s been doing little things that have gone unnoticed up to now. Hopefully those days are gone. She tried to undercut Dangerfield as she beat her on a drive to the basket. It was bang bang, but it was not hard enough to get the ref’s attention, but it was plain to see on TV.

She won’t get away with that type of play at the next level against grown adult women. They’ll put her in check real quick.

EXCELLENT !!! Injuries are VERY BAD !!!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I went back to the Vancouver Showcase video and watched the AO elbow launched into the throat of OSU's Janessa Thropay who set a screen on AO. Here is the screenshot from the video. AO's elbow was raised far above AO's head (AO was clearly headhunting). It is way more obvious when you see the whole video feed. Janessa Thropay dropped to her knees immediately, and the ref standing there did nothing. Apparently, this is OK, if you get dusted by the player you are supposed to be guarding.

BTW, whoever was the HOMER ND Announcer, he kept mispronouncing every OSU player's and Coach Rueck's name. A real pro (NOT).

View attachment 37141

That Dancing with the Stars gig taught her alot of moves. :mad:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
BTW, whoever was the HOMER ND Announcer, he kept mispronouncing every OSU player's and Coach Rueck's name. A real pro (NOT).

On the game thread I commented repeatedly on my disgust at his thorough unprofessionalism. Coach Rueck was rechristened as "Coach Wreck" Head bang

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I didn't see but 2 on Danger, heard the announcers about the Geno thing.
If there truly is a multi-game pattern ND will be forced to do something.
Looking at the half time exploits of AO in the off season one would expect a kid to be full of themselves, that much TV/media exposure can be heady stuff.
Thanks--Nice way to disagree without being disagreeable--I like nice people, thanks.

Correct - only two on Danger. The other incident was on Williams. Williams drove past AO into the lane, jumped up for the shot. As Williams reached her apex, AO came in and undercut Williams, sending her to the floor. Didn't catch it live but it was clear on the replay.

We should always be able to have a discussion on our favorite topic and disagree agreeably.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Because it's what I do best for this site, here's some attendance data for the past 4 years.

So under the best of circumstances, "To the 6th best fans in WCBB"...:D

WCBB Attendance.PNG

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Correct - only two on Danger. The other incident was on Williams. Williams drove past AO into the lane, jumped up for the shot. As Williams reached her apex, AO came in and undercut Williams, sending her to the floor. Didn't catch it live but it was clear on the replay.

We should always be able to have a discussion on our favorite topic and disagree agreeably.
The foul against Christyn was the most dangerous of all imo. There was no attempt to make a play on the ball. Arike was just trying to take her legs out when she was elevated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom