MSU’s Jessika Carter arrested | Page 5 | The Boneyard

MSU’s Jessika Carter arrested

Reaction Score
Well if you come to the US and don't head to Biscuitville, you are doing yourself a disservice. A slice of Fried Bologna, topped with egg, cheese, AND a hashbrown in between a freshly made biscuit... with a side of grits.. and a five stack of Pancakes?? You can't get that at IHOP or Waffle House, or OHP whatever that is.
Duly noted. My daughter is OBSESSED with biscuits. She'd be happy to do a trip just to visit the best places that serve them.

Interested Drama GIF by Bounce

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duly noted. My daughter is OBSESSED with biscuits. She'd be happy to do a trip just to visit the best places that serve them.

Interested Drama GIF by Bounce

Well the only problem is Biscuitville is a regional franchise originally just located here in the Triad... but they have expanded into other parts of NC and into VA. One problem... the place is legendary... and they are only open from 6am -2pm. They usually have traffic backed up into the road by people waiting to get inside or the drive through. I don't even try to go on a Saturday smh.

When you walk in... there is a window where they have a biscuit maker and you watch them prepare the buttermilk biscuits . Oh yeah.... they have Cheerwine ... you can get Cheerwine for BREAKFAST :)

Reaction Score
Well the only problem is Biscuitville is a regional franchise originally just located here in the Triad... but they have expanded into other parts of NC and into VA. One problem... the place is legendary... and they are only open from 6am -2pm. They usually have traffic backed up into the road by people waiting to get inside or the drive through. I don't even try to go on a Saturday smh.

When you walk in... there is a window where they have a biscuit maker and you watch them prepare the buttermilk biscuits . Oh yeah.... they have Cheerwine ... you can get Cheerwine for BREAKFAST :)

Triad, are they franchising? That would be a hit most anywhere in the South.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad, are they franchising? That would be a hit most anywhere in the South.

Actually they have expanded in recent years. For the longest you could only find them in the Triad. I see now that they are in the Triangle... Sandhills, Charlotte Metro, and into Southern and Central VA. Its a family run company based here in Greensboro. I get the feeling that they aren't looking to expand beyond NC and VA... but I could be wrong.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Since we're talking IHOP - I have a friend (a USC grad) who had never been to an IHOP and honestly didn't know what one was, but she kept hearing all her friends in college talking about going there after the bar on weekends. She never went, though, and for years she thought -- because of the name -- that the "I-HOP" was an after hours dance club.

True story.
I have great memories of the IHOP in downtown Columbia. I lived in the Towers for most of my time at USC and we would have these huge, crazy poker tournaments and the winners always had to take the losers to IHOP. Fast forward a couple of years and the same IHOP was always drag queen central after the bars closed on Saturday nights.

Reaction Score

Got you. Sounds like how Canadians reacted when Krispy Kremes started to open up in Toronto. Unfortunately, there's only one location but the line ups there are still lengthy.

Now, anything that has the word "wine" in it is very dangerous for me :D but I'm curious as to what Cheerwine is. Is it like a rootbeer? That's the impression when I saw pictures of it on the website when I looked them up.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Got you. Sounds like how Canadians reacted when Krispy Kremes started to open up in Toronto. Unfortunately, there's only one location but the line ups there are still lengthy.

Now, anything that has the word "wine" in it is very dangerous for me :D but I'm curious as to what Cheerwine is. Is it like a rootbeer? That's the impression when I saw pictures of it on the website when I looked them up.

No, nothing like a root beer. It's hard to explain the taste to someone who has never had it..... but maybe if a Cherry Coke had a affair with Dr Pepper... Cheerwine would be like its illegitimate child???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: It's better than both....... very cherry flavor to it.... its strong. One thing I didn't realize is that it has a high Caffeine amount.... more than most other sodas. I used to think it didnt have any.... and I would guzzle a 16-32 oz cup of it at 2:30am.. and wonder why I had trouble falling asleep.

One thing about it..... Unless its a NC based Chain Restaurant (Bojangles, Cookout, Biscuitville).. its near impossible to find it on tap. You really should order a 6 pack from Amazon... and if you don't like it... I'll reimburse you maybe

Reaction Score
No, nothing like a root beer. It's hard to explain the taste to someone who has never had it..... but maybe if a Cherry Coke had a affair with Dr Pepper... Cheerwine would be like its illegitimate child???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: It's better than both....... very cherry flavor to it.... its strong. One thing I didn't realize is that it has a high Caffeine amount.... more than most other sodas. I used to think it didnt have any.... and I would guzzle a 16-32 oz cup of it at 2:30am.. and wonder why I had trouble falling asleep.

One thing about it..... Unless its a NC based Chain Restaurant (Bojangles, Cookout, Biscuitville).. its near impossible to find it on tap. You really should order a 6 pack from Amazon... and if you don't like it... I'll reimburse you maybe

You had me at Dr. Pepper. Love that beverage (both versions, the pop and the alcohol version that uses amaretto). If it's something I can order, I'll keep you posted. Reimbursing isn't necessary and would likely be confusing based on our exchange rates. ;)

Reaction Score
True story.
Back in the day as a young ‘un traveling from Long Island (NY) down to NC with Mom for family reunions, you couldn’t get Dr Pepper north of Virginia.
Tasted it and LOVED it.
Not available north of the Mason Dixon.
Couldn’t explain to H.S. friends exactly what it tasted like.
They thought I was whack.
Still drink it ( diet).

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
True story.
Back in the day as a young ‘un traveling from Long Island (NY) down to NC with Mom for family reunions, you couldn’t get Dr Pepper north of Virginia.
Tasted it and LOVED it.
Still drink it ( diet).
My wife drinks Diet Dr. Pepper virtually exclusively. That's why I visit McDonalds Drive Thru twice a day, she also drinks fountain soda almost exclusively.

We had a friend who liked a niche soda as well. I think it was Mello Yello. In any case, he would stock up whenever he was in an area where it was available.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For some reason, the South has led the way in terms of the creation of sodas. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Mello Yello, Mountain Dew, Cheerwine, RC Cola, and so and so. When you have be brought up drinking a certain soda.. you don't even consider that it may not be found in other parts of the country? How many of yall have ever heard of NuGrape? Its so good that I would almost fight an Nile Crocodile for a six pack.

My wife drinks Diet Dr. Pepper virtually exclusively. That's why I visit McDonalds Drive Thru twice a day, she also drinks fountain soda almost exclusively.

We had a friend who liked a niche soda as well. I think it was Mello Yello. In any case, he would stock up whenever he was in an area where it was available.

If they have an Arby's in your area.. they sell Diet Dr Pepper too.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anything like Mr. Pibb?

Kinda Sorta, but much stronger and alot more Cherry. Never a fan of Mr Pibb... to me its gets flat too quick... and not as strong as Dr Pepper. You drink a couple of cans of Ice Cold Dr Pepper...that will put some hair on your chest.

Reaction Score
Mello Yellow- have seen it but never took a shot.
Lemon-Lime I’m guessing?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

My wife drank a lot of Diet Dr Pepper for many years, till the caffeine started to get to her.

At one point Mello Yello had the most caffeine of any soda in the US. The first shandy I ever had was Bass and Mello Yello. Evidently in the 80’s MY was the closest thing to European lemonade available in Virginia.

Reaction Score
For some reason, the South has led the way in terms of the creation of sodas. Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Mello Yello, Mountain Dew, Cheerwine, RC Cola, and so and so. When you have be brought up drinking a certain soda.. you don't even consider that it may not be found in other parts of the country? How many of yall have ever heard of NuGrape? Its so good that I would almost fight an Nile Crocodile for a six pack.

If they have an Arby's in your area.. they sell Diet Dr Pepper too.
In the Deep South you have Coke distributors and Pepsi distributors with exclusive contracts for schools, convention centers, etc. Dr Pepper and specifically Diet Dr Pepper is normally sold in the Pepsi contracts and saves them as most people down here don’t drink Pepsi and Diet Pepsi. In the Coke contracts Dr Pepper is normally not included as Diet Coke is far more popular.
However RC Cola (another version of Coke/Pepsi) and Sundrop (another version of Mountain Dew/Mello Yello) are still fairly popular too.
I can’t imagine not having these options. What kind of third world are you people living???? Finally, what the hell is this term “soda”? It’s all “coke”. If it’s capitalized then it’s the proper name Coke.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

It's similar to cough medicine.

Reaction Score
True story.
Tasted it and LOVED it.
Still drink it ( diet).
This sounds like me when I try to explain pork roll to friends here. To my knowledge it seems to be a South Jersey/Philadelphia thing as I've only been able to have it when I'm in that area. My good friend in NJ tortures me with FB posts of her having it when she can.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
How is this “off the rails” thread not locked?

Reaction Score
If you'll want to try a waffle, you should go to Milk Craft or Sugar Rush. Yes, it's a real waffle with ice cream but so much more. AND at Sugar Rush, they put reeses in my waffle.

Reaction Score

you know I used to get RC a lot but I don't think I've ever had a Cheerwine.

I don't like Cherry Coke or Dr. Pepper so I guess I just kind of knew to leave it alone.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom