MSU’s Jessika Carter arrested | Page 4 | The Boneyard

MSU’s Jessika Carter arrested

Reaction Score
I know I'm in South Carolina when people are talking about Waffle House. I've had a Waffle House for the first time since forever, and my issue with them is the meal is like half a breakfast meal. The sausages and eggs are just too small for me. (or below normal caloric total I'm used to)
I'm guessing that you can't "SUPERSIZE" that thang!

Reaction Score
Actually it's the All-Star. You gotta get it with the shredded hash browns... just make sure you have some ketchup and ranch dressing to cover them with.
Smothered, covered, and chunked!

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm an IHOP or OPH guy, I've never cared for Waffle House.
OPH is great! My first time at one was like 10 years ago in Charlotte. Now it seems like every time I see one it’s closed.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
OPH is great! My first time at one was like 10 years ago in Charlotte. Now it seems like every time I see one it’s closed.
The one at Trenholm Plaza in Columbia was still open the last time I was in that neighborhood.

Reaction Score
In my college days in the back woods of New York State at 2:00AM there was a greasy spoon by the name of Ethels. Great breakfast for a good price. Ethel did the cooking right in front of us, very cordial. By the way, Ethel was a guy.
WH was the go to spot for late night/early morning food back in the late 80’s/ early 90’s. My first IHOP visit was in Columbia near the campus of U of SC. I would take a Mom and Pop over a franchise 100% and twice on Sundays! I agree with SCGamecock, I can make better grits with cheese.

Reaction Score
In my college days in the back woods of New York State at 2:00AM there was a greasy spoon by the name of Ethels. Great breakfast for a good price. Ethel did the cooking right in front of us, very cordial. By the way, Ethel was a guy.
Occasionally, I get to go to a Greek Luncheonette (out of state) when I travel to visit family.
I go there breakfast, and while there are tables and booth available, I always sit at the counter.
The guy that works the grill is like the Maestro of a Symphony Orchestra.
Love watching him.
Keeps up with the counter and all of the table waitresses.
Doesn’t stop and never misses a beat (or flip).
He’s like Flash Gordon.
Pounds out the platters nonstop.
Amazing.
Great breakfast with an incredible floor show.

Reaction Score
I hope Jessika Carter gets her issues sorted out. But thanks to her, many boneyard residents are sharing their now comical jailhouse experiences. And the best part about this post is that I’m now wide awake, after a 24hr shift at work. Thanks for the smiles.

Reaction Score
I'm an IHOP or OPH guy, I've never cared for Waffle House.
Perhaps your best take ever. It is all about the quality of the bacon. You can read a newspaper through Waffle House bacon. IHOP is great.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Still (at least) two OPH locations in Charlotte!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
When I transferred from the New York school to my school in Connecticut a night out would be alot of smoking, alot of Boones Farm Apple Wine, and to end the evening, a trip to Dairy Queen for a cone with blueberry ice cream topped with chocolate sprinkles. AAHH, to die for.

Reaction Score
When I transferred from the New York school to my school in Connecticut a night out would be alot of smoking, alot of Boones Farm Apple Wine, and to end the evening, a trip to Dairy Queen for a cone with blueberry ice cream topped with chocolate sprinkles. AAHH, to die for.
For me it was foot long hotdogs, Dixie Beer, and strawberry milk shake form DQ!

Reaction Score
Since we're talking IHOP - I have a friend (a USC grad) who had never been to an IHOP and honestly didn't know what one was, but she kept hearing all her friends in college talking about going there after the bar on weekends. She never went, though, and for years she thought -- because of the name -- that the "I-HOP" was an after hours dance club.

True story.

Reaction Score
Is this thread about Jessika Carter arrested? Or for the breakfast club?

Reaction Score
On the Syracuse campus there is a little spot called Funk-n-waffles. You can get waffles of all sorts while listening to live music or the DJ on the wheels of steel. There should be an all night Funk-n-waffles on every campus in America!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm using this thread for research for when I'm back in the US. I've missed a lot of great options it seems.

Edit for the breakfast options, not the different ways one could be arrested. ;)

Well if you come to the US and don't head to Biscuitville, you are doing yourself a disservice. A slice of Fried Bologna, topped with egg, cheese, AND a hashbrown in between a freshly made biscuit... with a side of grits.. and a five stack of Pancakes?? You can't get that at IHOP or Waffle House, or OHP whatever that is.

Reaction Score
This has to win the all-time award for Best Thread Drift. Turned a somewhat depressing thread about a player arrest into a comedy show at our beloved breakfast diners.
“I’d like to thank the Academy, and ............”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom