MSU’s Jessika Carter arrested | Page 9 | The Boneyard

MSU’s Jessika Carter arrested

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Do you cook bologna that thick in a skillet? I’ve curious as to how that heats.

I always use a cast iron skillet.... also cook my hot dogs that way.

You need to hit up Top's BBQ in Memphis. That is where we always got those when I lived there. Pretty sure they were cooked on the gas griddle.

A while back I was in Memphis visiting a friend.. first day I was there we went to Interstate BBQ for dinner. I spotted the bologna sandwich on the menu and said.. imma have to come back and try that.

A few days later... went back... through the drive through this time. Got to the intercom.. I said... I'll take the BBQ Bologna sandwich, then preceded to tell her what toppings... Mayo, Lettuce, Tomato. She cut me off mid-sentence, and sternly said.. "You can either get it with slaw, or without slaw". Her tone of voice was reminiscent of a mother scolding a youngster in a grocery. Actually my feelings were a bit hurt..:oops: I paused for a second to collect myself.. and then meekly replied.. with slaw. Lemme tell you that sandwich was sent down from heaven above. Unfortunately that was my last full day in town, or else I would have gone back again just for that sandwich.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
So, has the original subject of this thread been broken out of the hoosegow?
Welcome to the Boneyard Thread Drift! It’s a time honored tradition here. It’s similar to a Thread Hijack, where someone deliberately changes the subject, but in most cases a thread will jog loose a random memory or thought from the ol’ memory banks and the thread starts to, you know, drift.

Nice to see it reappear, honestly. Sometimes we get a we-have-to-win-at-all-costs-or-we’re-absolute-failures miasma over the board and everything is so deadly serious. These threads are fun. It’s good to see people enjoying the board again. At least until the season starts :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Boneyard Thread Drift! It’s a time honored tradition here. It’s similar to a Thread Hijack, where someone deliberately changes the subject, but in most cases a thread will jog loose a random memory or thought from the ol’ memory banks and the thread starts to, you know, drift.

Nice to see it reappear, honestly. Sometimes we get a we-have-to-win-at-all-costs-or-we’re-absolute-failures miasma over the board and everything is so deadly serious. These threads are fun. It’s good to see people enjoying the board again. At least until the season starts :rolleyes:
I do like how there have been a couple of attempts to revisit the original subject only to have it summarily dismissed. I also wonder how many times since September 10th someone has noticed the topic but not actually read the contents and told Jessika Carter there was an ongoing thread about her with over 200 replies.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

This is really a fun thread and a nice diversion from current real world stresses.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I saw online that Jessika Carter is taking some time away from the team.. but that was an article from 3 weeks ago..

NJ in particular is known for it. The Philadelphia equivalent is probably scrapple, which I don't indulge in and has a reputation as a "mystery" meat.

We can get Taylor Ham / Pork Roll here in AZ, in fact the local Fry's (a Kroger subsidiary) carries it. But it isn't available everywhere. I don't know of any restaurant serving it, however. In NJ it is a breakfast staple - Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese on a Hard Roll (not that I eat it that way, I'm a plain pork roll sandwich guy).

I made a stop at the Delicatessen for dinner, and thought about trying the taylor ham. They had it served hot with cheese on a kaiser roll... then they said they recommend ketchup on it. In my book, ketchup doesn't belong anywhere near a sandwich, so I decided on a burger instead.

Next time, I'll just ask for it without ketchup and come home and put an fried egg on it

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I saw online that Jessika Carter is taking some time away from the team.. but that was an article from 3 weeks ago..

I made a stop at the Delicatessen for dinner, and thought about trying the taylor ham. They had it served hot with cheese on a kaiser roll... then they said they recommend ketchup on it. In my book, ketchup doesn't belong anywhere near a sandwich, so I decided on a burger instead.

Next time, I'll just ask for it without ketchup and come home and put an fried egg on it
Yes, when we make Taylor Ham / Pork Roll I don't do eggs, but yes, I put a slice of cheese on 3 of the pieces, which she uses in her first sandwich. On Kaiser rolls.

Thickness varies - at some joints in NJ it was sliced thin like on a slicer, whereas I grew up with a fairly thick cut (but, then, it wasn't eaten on sandwiches at home it was considered a dinner meat). When I make it the slices are fairly thin. I "do" like it in an omelet / scramble, similar to how some folks would use ham.

Just curious - do they do chipped beef down by you? A few diners did in NJ, we tried one place out here but I swear it was creamed corned beef. I never went back there. Haven't seen it on any other menus. I do buy Stouffers from time to tome.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes, when we make Taylor Ham / Pork Roll I don't do eggs, but yes, I put a slice of cheese on 3 of the pieces, which she uses in her first sandwich. On Kaiser rolls.

Thickness varies - at some joints in NJ it was sliced thin like on a slicer, whereas I grew up with a fairly thick cut (but, then, it wasn't eaten on sandwiches at home it was considered a dinner meat). When I make it the slices are fairly thin. I "do" like it in an omelet / scramble, similar to how some folks would use ham.

Just curious - do they do chipped beef down by you? A few diners did in NJ, we tried one place out here but I swear it was creamed corned beef. I never went back there. Haven't seen it on any other menus. I do buy Stouffers from time to tome.

I did some research, and there is a diner near the Coliseum that has chipped beef on toast. I guess its beef in gravy?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Or you could just ask them to put an egg on it and eat it there.

Reaction Score

STARKVILLE — Mississippi State women’s basketball forward Jessika Carter is still with the program but is “taking some time away” from the team, interim head coach Doug Novak said Thursday, as she works through “some personal matters.”

Carter was arrested last month on a simple assault charge, stemming from an Aug. 28 incident in which the 6-foot-5 forward allegedly struck another woman in the face, according to a criminal affidavit acquired via a public records request.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I did some research, and there is a diner near the Coliseum that has chipped beef on toast. I guess its beef in gravy?
What military folks call SOS. Chipped Beef IS beef, but doesn't taste like beef. I had to look it up, it is salted, partially dried and pressed slices, sometimes smoked. It does resemble corned beef to a degree, but it shouldn't taste like it. The sauce is white, technically the dish is Creamed Chipped Beef. Typically served over toast, I've been putting the Stouffer's version over Eggo Waffles.

Showing my age, when I was young my father would bring home "fresh" chipped beef, that is, from a deli, "chipped" (sliced) from a hunk of the stuff. That didn't last many years, then it came in jars at the grocery store, and now I have absolutely no idea.

I wasn't sure if it was popular down South as my introduction to white gravy in other contexts was definitely in the South.

Reaction Score
There is one article referencing the affidavit, which is kind of unbelievable. Never seen anyone hit someone from behind and give them a black eye and bloody nose.

You pretty much have to be facing them to achieve that outcome.
As several BYers have said, we need all the facts before we can reasonable conclude what really transpired between the two.... And far as the statement--never seen anyone hit someone from behind and give them a black eye and a bloody nose"--I have: the assailant first struck the guy from behind, he went to his knees, and then the assailant gave him a black eye and a bloody nose from the front. You see, these actions are not mutually exclusive....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
What military folks call SOS. Chipped Beef IS beef, but doesn't taste like beef. I had to look it up, it is salted, partially dried and pressed slices, sometimes smoked. It does resemble corned beef to a degree, but it shouldn't taste like it. The sauce is white, technically the dish is Creamed Chipped Beef. Typically served over toast, I've been putting the Stouffer's version over Eggo Waffles.

Showing my age, when I was young my father would bring home "fresh" chipped beef, that is, from a deli, "chipped" (sliced) from a hunk of the stuff. That didn't last many years, then it came in jars at the grocery store, and now I have absolutely no idea.

I wasn't sure if it was popular down South as my introduction to white gravy in other contexts was definitely in the South.

White gravy is the best gravy. Ain't nothing like a fried pork chop and egg, and white gravy in between a freshly made biscuit from biscuitville.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Ok I am originally from North New Jersey. Breakfast sandwich Taylor ham and egg on a hard roll, S, P and K. Or just a hard roll with butter.
Lunch, Italian hot dog. or peppers and eggs. or potatoes and eggs all on crusty rolls the best pizza rolls. New Jersey has the best bread.

Reaction Score
White gravy is the best gravy. Ain't nothing like a fried pork chop and egg, and white gravy in between a freshly made biscuit from biscuitville.
Dang it. This Biscuitville recommendation again! Oh I can't wait until I south of the border in the NC area again.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
After singing the praises of Biscuitville, I decided to make my bi-weekly trip there for lunch. I've been craving that fried bologna, egg, cheese, and a hashbrown inside a freshly made biscuit.. with a side of country fries, and a Cheerwine. Pulled up into the drive through.. and they had a young lady outside taking orders... i told her lemme get one of those fried bologna biscuits. She told me that they don't have it anymore, they quit selling it this past friday. She saw the shock and disappointment on my face... took me awhile to compose myself and decide what to do. Saw they had a new item... so i went with the sausage, egg, and cheese, topped with apple butter. I asked for the country fries... she said they didnt have any, and wouldnt have any until next week. As my eyes welled with tears... I said I would take the cheese grits.... and a Cheerwine. She asked if I wanted anything else... I said... ill try one of those Cinnamon-Peach muffins. She told me they quit selling those.

giphy.gif
Biscuitville was founded by an Elon alum. Hence the Biscuitville in the student center

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Dang it. This Biscuitville recommendation again! Oh I can't wait until I south of the border in the NC area again.

If you visit, you might not want to go back. Once you get used to being able to get fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, and a biscuit via the Drive-Through at 3:30am....... or get a double chili cheese burger with a corn dog, onion rings, and a milkshake at 4:15am..... while listening to customers blare rap music and possibly witnessing a fight.... you get spoiled.

Biscuitville was founded by an Elon alum. Hence the Biscuitville in the student center

Ha. Learn something new everyday. I wonder if the young un's appreciate Biscuitville like us older NC people do. Do kids even eat breakfast anymore??

Reaction Score
just saw on Espnu at halftime, she wanted to kill herself in July. Always better to know and wait for the full story. I hope she is in better place.

Reaction Score
If you visit, you might not want to go back. Once you get used to being able to get fried chicken, potato salad, baked beans, and a biscuit via the Drive-Through at 3:30am....... or get a double chili cheese burger with a corn dog, onion rings, and a milkshake at 4:15am..... while listening to customers blare rap music and possibly witnessing a fight.... you get spoiled.

Ha. Learn something new everyday. I wonder if the young un's appreciate Biscuitville like us older NC people do. Do kids even eat breakfast anymore??

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom