More praise for Andre Jackson | Page 4 | The Boneyard

More praise for Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
If you’ve never cocked it back and dunked in someone’s face, don’t judge the taunting. I did once on a 8.5ft Goalrilla hoop And let’s just say I would’ve gotten ejected if it was a real game

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yep, Jordan Bird and all the other legends of the game are unethical.

This post is hilarious coming from you.
Bird was an epic trash talker, but after great play he typically just run down court and got ready to make another great play. He really wasn’t an in your face flexing kind a guy, for the most part.

It really doesn’t matter to me one way or the other. If that’s what kids need to do to play the game enthusiastically its fine, but most of us grew up being taught that you act like you’ve been there before.

CL82

Reaction Score
You haven't been there before. There is zero chance you, Mau, RichZ etc. were doing windmill dunks on people.
Haha, nope, but you could, right?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
You haven't been there before. There is zero chance you, Mau, RichZ etc. were doing windmill dunks on people.

The one time I can recall dunking in an actual game, I was called for goaltending, then tossed from the game for arguing with the official.

It was a set play -- an alley oop inbound play. The pass actually looked like it might go in the hole! The ball was on the rim, and I pushed it in. Ref called it offensive interference. I looked at him and politely inquired, "How the @#%@#$@ can you goaltend a #$^^ pass from ^%%$^ out of $%^#$ bounds?" I'm paraphasing here. I may have sworn a bit more than that.

Still a highlight memory of my playing days for me. Only dunk, only tech, only toss. Good times!

CL82

Reaction Score
The one time I can recall dunking in an actual game, I was called for goaltending, then tossed from the game for arguing with the official.

It was a set play -- an alley oop inbound play. The pass actually looked like it might go in the hole! The ball was on the rim, and I pushed it in. Ref called it offensive interference. I looked at him and politely inquired, "How the @#%@#$@ can you goaltend a #$^^ pass from ^%%$^ out of $%^#$ bounds?" I'm paraphasing here. I may have sworn a bit more than that.

Still a highlight memory of my playing days for me. Only dunk, only tech, only toss. Good times!
Ha ha, that is awesome. I could barely get my fingertips over the rim if I was running and jumping on an empty court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It was a “young mans” game in 1960, same in 1980, same in 1990 and 2010. Doesn’t change the fact you should respect your opponent and the game. Act like you’ve been there, like you can make those plays all day no surprise. As much as the old man thing bothers you it also bothers the crap out of me that you bring it up all the time without knowing or respecting what old guys like myself think. It’s an opinion doesn’t mean I’m right or everyone agrees but I promise it’s the same for your point of view.
BORING! Lol

Reaction Score
“Old guys” = ethical/respectful , guys like you who think it’s cool = clueless

Time to grow up maybe sj?
I'm a grown up. What's unethical about showing some passion and emotion?

Reaction Score
I'm a grown up. What's unethical about showing some passion and emotion?

Passion and emotion is looking at the crowd or high chesting/fisting a teammate not getting into the face of an opponent. Akok shows passion and emotion I love it never into an opponents face, like that too. There’s no need unless he gave him reason which I’m not sure.

Reaction Score
Yup! Our guys can tomahawk all day then celebrate with their teammates, coaches and fans (as long as they aren’t giving up anything on defense). All for that! Show some emotion and get hyped. The disrespect we show our opponents will hopefully come from beating them by 20 to 40 points every game. And yes it will be great to get the swagger back that comes from winning a lot. Can’t wait for Jackson to join our current freshmen

Reaction Score
He should do what I did when I dunked on my kids when they were 5 and 8 on the 3 foot indoor nerf hoop. I put out my hand and offered to help them up.
It's still kind of trash talking, but in a nice way.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Dag gummit since those charlatans cut the holes in the peach baskets and the dang rascals started with their jumped shots the basketball game has been nothing but trouble.

Reaction Score

That's completely unethical, I hope you've atoned since then and become a better person.

Reaction Score
so many ok boomer’s needed in this thread. Get off my lawn. Act live you’ve been there. Tuck your shirt in. Is just code for...jealousy among other things.
It's not jealousy it's just people sucking. Most of the guys doing it here are fairly old but plenty of young people are guilty of it as well.

Reaction Score
It's not jealousy it's just people sucking. Most of the guys doing it here are fairly old but plenty of young people are guilty of it as well.

People sucking? What does that even mean? Lol losing it huh.

Reaction Score
Passion and emotion is looking at the crowd or high chesting/fisting a teammate not getting into the face of an opponent. Akok shows passion and emotion I love it never into an opponents face, like that too. There’s no need unless he gave him reason which I’m not sure.
Passion and emotion is exactly what led to the behavior you're criticizing. You don't get to change the definitions just to suit your needs.

What exactly is unethical about it?

Reaction Score
Passion and emotion is exactly what led to the behavior you're criticizing. You don't get to change the definitions just to suit your needs.

What exactly is unethical about it?

Please you're so wrong. Getting in someones face that doesn't deserve it is NOT passion whatsoever, it's crap. Maybe unethical is wrong but doing that no matter is wrong unless provoked, even then the bigger man smiles and walks away. There's nothing right about it, never was still isn't not sure where anyone thinks it is. Who's changing "definitions" that's a ridiculous reply? Your take on his move being passionate is just that, your opinion only it's not a definition of passion by any means. But I guess you get to change the definition to suit your needs? :eek:

I have said there's a possibility, having seen so many other duking video's of him and nothing at all like this, that the guy was provoking in some manner during the game prior to this behavior, if so then maybe he deserved something. Otherwise not a fan and no one should be. Just play, dunk it, look at the crowd/bench and your teammates and jump around like Akok. Even Vital who can do some stupid things rarely does more than a quick look at an opponent. No place for it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom