More praise for Andre Jackson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

More praise for Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
“Old guys” = ethical/respectful , guys like you who think it’s cool = clueless

Time to grow up maybe sj?
Yep, Jordan Bird and all the other legends of the game are unethical.

This post is hilarious coming from you.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That one really threw me for a loop, Purvis was about the least swaggy player. Poor guy had very little confidence and his play suffered fot it. Vital has all the confidence in the world but just doesn't have the game to match it.
I agree with you about Rodney. Disagree about Christian. People confuse bravado with confidence. Our visual demeanor is frequently a mask. I believe this to be the case with Christian. I get the impression CV is not very confident at all which accounts for his streak shooting, out of control play and missing free throws in critical situations.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
The kid rarely flaunts his athleticism. He’s entitled once in a while.

It’s been awhile that this forum debated player decorum.

Biggest debate I believe was over the bowing of Rip and KFree. Quite a few posters were dead set against them doing it. I wonder if that sentiment still exists.
is this going to be a 'tucked in or out' shirt thing? (shudders....slinks off to read conference realignment and ko threads, and what's new in hara-kiri....)

Reaction Score
Obviously you’ve missed the swagger of an Akok block. It’s been a while since the team consistently plays off the energy of a player. And when Bouk drives and makes an incredible play at the basket there’s a feeling that’s been missing for a while.

While you wait for next season I’ll start earlier.
Love akok. Love bouk. But Our swagger is not close to fully back

Reaction Score
I agree with you about Rodney. Disagree about Christian. People confuse bravado with confidence. Our visual demeanor is frequently a mask. I believe this to be the case with Christian. I get the impression CV is not very confident at all which accounts for his streak shooting, out of control play and missing free throws in critical situations.
I think those are all just a function of him not being a very good basketball player.

He might use the bravado as a mask for knowing he really isn't that good but I'll always think back to him testing the NBA waters after his soph year.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
is this going to be a 'tucked in or out' shirt thing? (shudders....slinks off to read conference realignment and ko threads, and what's new in hara-kiri....)
This forum comments on any and everything. You can bet your unzipped fly this will be debated.

Reaction Score
Yep, Jordan Bird and all the other legends of the game are unethical.

This post is hilarious coming from you.

Hilarious only from you is Jordan and Bird vs Andre Jackson nice comparison. Lol ..... not sure how you were brought up but respect is part of life and that video was disrespectful. Nothing else I’ve seen from is has shown this side but anyone thinking this is great is wrong.

Now there’s a shot the kid was beating him up during the game, playing dirty ball even and he deserved it if so I take it all back.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I think those are all just a function of him not being a very good basketball player.

He might use the bravado as a mask for knowing he really isn't that good but I'll always think back to him testing the NBA waters after his soph year.
Chicken or egg. That testing was most likely getting feedback. Given your criticism of KO I would have thought you would have given CV some slack to learn what he needed to work on. Of course if he was seriously believing he had a shot that would be an entirely different issue. I don’t see that type of personality in his interviews.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Love akok. Love bouk. But Our swagger is not close to fully back
Some of the ingredients necessary for swagger are on the kitchen counter. We have the seasoning and the cook to put it all together.

The only thing remaining is an extensive win streak. We’ll find out if it’s a slow or quick cook.

Reaction Score
Basketball is a young mans game, it's a street game born on the inner city courts of America.

It's probably a discussion for another time and I'm not accusing anyone in this thread of doing it but it always really bothered me how older guys always seem to have a comment on how young guys show their emotion, how they wear their uniform, what hairstyle they have etc.

My dad was the biggest NBA fan I knew and whenever he would try and talk basketball with his friends they would look at him like he's crazy for watching the NBA and it would always come back to them saying I can't watch all those guys with tattoos, corn rows, and I don't like all the histrionics. I've seen it with my own peer group for a long time as well. It's coded and it really bothers me. Again, not accusing anyone here of that but I'm keen to it and always will be.

Reaction Score
Some of the ingredients necessary for swagger are on the kitchen counter. We have the seasoning and the cook to put it all together.

The only thing remaining is an extensive win streak. We’ll find out if it’s a slow or quick cook.

We have the (a)cook in the kitchen, and the Bouk with the recipe.

Am I trying too hard?

Reaction Score
Hilarious only from you is Jordan and Bird vs Andre Jackson nice comparison. Lol ..... not sure how you were brought up but respect is part of life and that video was disrespectful. Nothing else I’ve seen from is has shown this side but anyone thinking this is great is wrong.

Now there’s a shot the kid was beating him up during the game, playing dirty ball even and he deserved it if so I take it all back.
Obviously not comparing Jackson to them as players but Jordan and Bird showed up who they played against in practically every game of their career. You somehow managed to bring ethics into this.

ctchamps

Reaction Score

Am I trying too hard?
LOL. Imm Hurley was meant as the cook. But your attempt works better.

Reaction Score
LOL. Imm Hurley was meant as the cook. But your attempt works better.
There is only one cook
220px-Walter_White2.jpg

Reaction Score

Am I trying too hard?
Nope. I’ve thought a Cook and Bouk shirt would be really cool. Or CookBouk. Can’t use Kok for obvious reasons.

Reaction Score
Like the kid a lot but no need for that on that kid sorry. That’s not swagger it’s just wrong.

Good news is I’ve been impressed on all videos prior that he never does that, just flies back on defense. I prefer to let the game talk unless it’s payback.
Agreed....act like you've been there.

Reaction Score
Basketball is a young mans game, it's a street game born on the inner city courts of America.

It's probably a discussion for another time and I'm not accusing anyone in this thread of doing it but it always really bothered me how older guys always seem to have a comment on how young guys show their emotion, how they wear their uniform, what hairstyle they have etc.

My dad was the biggest NBA fan I knew and whenever he would try and talk basketball with his friends they would look at him like he's crazy for watching the NBA and it would always come back to them saying I can't watch all those guys with tattoos, corn rows, and I don't like all the histrionics. I've seen it with my own peer group for a long time as well. It's coded and it really bothers me. Again, not accusing anyone here of that but I'm keen to it and always will be.

It was a “young mans” game in 1960, same in 1980, same in 1990 and 2010. Doesn’t change the fact you should respect your opponent and the game. Act like you’ve been there, like you can make those plays all day no surprise. As much as the old man thing bothers you it also bothers the crap out of me that you bring it up all the time without knowing or respecting what old guys like myself think. It’s an opinion doesn’t mean I’m right or everyone agrees but I promise it’s the same for your point of view.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Like the kid a lot but no need for that on that kid sorry. That’s not swagger it’s just wrong.

Good news is I’ve been impressed on all videos prior that he never does that, just flies back on defense. I prefer to let the game talk unless it’s payback.
Yeah. The in your face after the play doesn’t make anyone a winner.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Unless there are injuries or suspensions that starting lineup won't exist.

Polley definitely will be a starter next year.
And they need to find a way this year to set Polley up as often as they can instead of these drives into triple teams and turnovers. His shot is no fluke.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

This is the nature of old people commenting on young people from time immemorial. On any subject really.

Young people push boundaries. Old people scold them for it. It's the cycle of life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom