More praise for Andre Jackson | Page 5 | The Boneyard

More praise for Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Please you're so wrong. Getting in someones face that doesn't deserve it is NOT passion whatsoever, it's crap. Maybe unethical is wrong but doing that no matter is wrong unless provoked, even then the bigger man smiles and walks away. There's nothing right about it, never was still isn't not sure where anyone thinks it is. Who's changing "definitions" that's a ridiculous reply? Your take on his move being passionate is just that, your opinion only it's not a definition of passion by any means. But I guess you get to change the definition to suit your needs? :eek:

I have said there's a possibility, having seen so many other duking video's of him and nothing at all like this, that the guy was provoking in some manner during the game prior to this behavior, if so then maybe he deserved something. Otherwise not a fan and no one should be. Just play, dunk it, look at the crowd/bench and your teammates and jump around like Akok. Even Vital who can do some stupid things rarely does more than a quick look at an opponent. No place for it.
1) Not "maybe". Unethical is wrong.

2) You're passing judgement while admitting you don't have enough information to pass judgement. That's as unethical as anything you're criticizing Jackson of. No matter how many times you try to qualify it.

3) You wrote "passion and emotion is..." and then described the behavior your would prefer. That is literally giving a definition to the words that fits your narrative. I didn't change the definition of anything. Slow down and read what I wrote.

4) Passion and emotion are what led to his behavior. What he did wasn't fueled by passion and emotion? What else could have caused it? Apathy and aloofness? As short as my post was, you still didn't comprehend it.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Passion and emotion is looking at the crowd or high chesting/fisting a teammate not getting into the face of an opponent. Akok shows passion and emotion I love it never into an opponents face, like that too. There’s no need unless he gave him reason which I’m not sure.

Different people take to sport differently.

There's the golf clap crowd: "good show old sport"

I'm more in the Conan The Barbarian camp: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!"

Or the Mike Tyson camp: "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever. There's never been anybody as ruthless. I'm Sonny Liston,I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children." [best quote ever]

Reaction Score

I'm more in the Conan The Barbarian camp: "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the women!"

Or the Mike Tyson camp: "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever. There's never been anybody as ruthless. I'm Sonny Liston,I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children." [best quote ever]
You left out one of the best parts of that quote....it comes right after "children". I think I know why you left it out, but it just amplifies the greatness of that quote.

Reaction Score
1) Not "maybe". Unethical is wrong.

2) You're passing judgement while admitting you don't have enough information to pass judgement. That's as unethical as anything you're criticizing Jackson of. No matter how many times you try to qualify it.

3) You wrote "passion and emotion is..." and then described the behavior your would prefer. That is literally giving a definition to the words that fits your narrative. I didn't change the definition of anything. Slow down and read what I wrote.

4) Passion and emotion are what led to his behavior. What he did wasn't fueled by passion and emotion? What else could have caused it? Apathy and aloofness? As short as my post was, you still didn't comprehend it.

I comprehend it fine you're the lost soul my friend. Bottom line I have zero respect for anyone who thinks it's okay to get in the oppositions face without provacation, zero. It's never the right thing to do how can it be? If you need to do that to find the passion required to be successful you suck, period!

Act like you've been there.

#4 passion doesn't fuel what happened, more along the point you made aloofness. It's more arrogant and cocky than it is passion. How does passion lead to anyone being an idiot? You're so off on this it's whacked!

Reaction Score

Whatever int golf clap vs in our face posturing? Not close but you have your opinion I get it.

Reaction Score

You're clearly lacking in ethics, I suggest you look towards Mau as your moral beacon.

Reaction Score
You're clearly lacking in ethics, I suggest you look towards Mau as your moral beacon.

Or just be an all out jerk and think it's fine to act like an a**wipe on the basketball court! ;)

Oh and also only old men think that way? LOL

Reaction Score
Or just be an all out jerk and think it's fine to act like an a**wipe on the basketball court! ;)

l0ExoFKNJ64AxcWsw.gif

Reaction Score

Mau,

Your basic point is a good one. Swap in "in bad taste" for "unethical" and I think most of us would agree with you.

Rather ironic that we have had our battles over the years, yet we see this issue the same way. I am excited to see Andre in a UConn uniform alongside our 3 current freshmen.

Merry Christmas to all and enjoy the games! Plenty of cheap tickets to be had if you are within striking distance of the XL Center. We literally had free tickets offered to us by a man who had extras yesterday, but we were already 6 rows off the court on the cheap. Get there if you can, seeing guys like Akok and Bouk and Gaffney do their thing is a treat.

Reaction Score
I comprehend it fine you're the lost soul my friend. Bottom line I have zero respect for anyone who thinks it's okay to get in the oppositions face without provacation, zero. It's never the right thing to do how can it be? If you need to do that to find the passion required to be successful you suck, period!

#4 passion doesn't fuel what happened, more along the point you made aloofness. It's more arrogant and cocky than it is passion. How does passion lead to anyone being an idiot? You're so off on this it's whacked!
If you think flexing and getting in someone's face is aloofness, then I think you just don't understand what aloof means.

Nor are you able to comprehend what i'm saying.

It's not your age, it's just you. I suspect you're too passionate on the subject to avoid conflating posts and posters and throwing in a strawman or two for good measure.

Bottom line is you have no idea what could have caused that reaction, so your entire argument is irrelevant. Based on your own admission that your opinion could change with more information.

All of this is evidenced by your refusal to respond point by point, and insistence on repeating the same thing over and over again.

Reaction Score
Please you're so wrong. Getting in someones face that doesn't deserve it is NOT passion whatsoever, it's crap. Maybe unethical is wrong but doing that no matter is wrong unless provoked, even then the bigger man smiles and walks away. There's nothing right about it, never was still isn't not sure where anyone thinks it is. Who's changing "definitions" that's a ridiculous reply? Your take on his move being passionate is just that, your opinion only it's not a definition of passion by any means. But I guess you get to change the definition to suit your needs? :eek:

I have said there's a possibility, having seen so many other duking video's of him and nothing at all like this, that the guy was provoking in some manner during the game prior to this behavior, if so then maybe he deserved something. Otherwise not a fan and no one should be. Just play, dunk it, look at the crowd/bench and your teammates and jump around like Akok. Even Vital who can do some stupid things rarely does more than a quick look at an opponent. No place for it.
You're so far off base here and just keep doubling and tripling down. This is really fun to watch

Reaction Score
I'll take that type of swagger all day as long as the ensuing T doesn't figure into the outcome of the game.

It's been too long since we've played with a line in the sand.

Nice to have a guy we have to hold back from getting a T. Vital has a sprinkle of this but outside of that we haven't had that guy in a while. That "this is UConn" guy.

"Rather restrain a fanatic than resurrect a corpse"

This kid is going to be special for us if all he brings is mentality......THE BIG EAST Mentality!

Reaction Score
My least favorite was when he threw a hard shoulder (after the play) into the chest of some kid on a cupcake team. He got a T for it. But Ollie left him in. Calhoun would have lost his mind.

The issue w Vital isn't the swag, it's when he gets that competitive swag it's seconds before he makes a bonehead play and it looks fraudulent. When his juices start flowing his mind goes out the window. Akok sending one, Bouk on the break, Jackson throwing it down......WATCH OUT

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
so many ok boomer’s needed in this thread. Get off my lawn. Act live you’ve been there. Tuck your shirt in. Is just code for...jealousy among other things.
Damn boys, polycom has cracked the code!

Or maybe it's just a generational difference? (And Al needs to tuck in his shirt!)

(FWIW Calhoun liked a little swagger. I'm not troubled by it as long they don't get beat down the court for a layup while they are flexing.)

Reaction Score
It depends on the play for me. There are certain plays in which the context and the difficulty of the play warrant a "act like you've been there before" response. On the other hand, there are certain plays and in-game contexts that I think justify a more primal response and disregard for emotional control. If this kid is able to bring these super-human dunks to the BET in 2021 I will be losing my mind in the stands just as much as he will be on the court.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1577117381133.png

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Nice to have a guy we have to hold back from getting a T. Vital has a sprinkle of this but outside of that we haven't had that guy in a while. That "this is UConn" guy.

"Rather restrain a fanatic than resurrect a corpse"

This kid is going to be special for us if all he brings is mentality......THE BIG EAST Mentality!

This is a good point. We all want tough players that impose their will on the other team, but then get upset when they're flamboyant or "cross the line" according to some people. I've found that for many players, the two go hand in hand.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You left out one of the best parts of that quote....it comes right after "children". I think I know why you left it out, but it just amplifies the greatness of that quote.

Absolutely. I deleted it from copy/paste. This thread would go south so fast...

Had a chuckle when I read it again.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Meh, humility is for off the court. On the court is about domination. I want to rip your soul from your body. Erase you from this world. Sports have been used as an irl metaphor for war. My tribe defeats your tribe and puts your head on a spike above our gates. Take the violent, primal, warlike tendencies of man and channel them into socially acceptable outlets.

“The greatest happiness is to vanquish your enemies, to chase them before you, to rob them of their wealth, to see those dear to them bathed in tears, to clasp to your bosom their wives and daughters.”
― Genghis Khan

Then we all go have beers and a few laughs together afterwords. :D

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Damn boys, polycom has cracked the code!

Or maybe it's just a generational difference? (And Al needs to tuck in his shirt!)

(FWIW Calhoun liked a little swagger. I'm not troubled by it as long they don't get beat down the court for a layup while they are flexing.)

Ok boomer.

Reaction Score
You're so far off base here and just keep doubling and tripling down. This is really fun to watch

Keep thinking that I can group you in with the guys who we're never taught how to play anything correctly. It's really that simple. It's only one instance for Andre that I saw so I don't think he's at all like you guys thank God.

I will quad down, you're lost like the other few if posturing is and disrespecting our opponent is ok. Just beat them and move on to the next one. What's wrong with fans, hopefully most UConn fans understand the game a bit better than a chosen few. Wow crazy!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
funny thread. people who've never 'been there' telling others to 'act like you've been there.'
there is no 'p' or 'c' in tomahawk, as in 'I just dunked on you so bad, that yo momma had to grab some advil.' yup.
payback!

kareem is a saint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom