More praise for Andre Jackson | Page 6 | The Boneyard

More praise for Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
Keep thinking that I can group you in with the guys who we're never taught how to play anything correctly. It's really that simple. It's only one instance for Andre that I saw so I don't think he's at all like you guys thank God.

I will quad down, you're lost like the other few if posturing is and disrespecting our opponent is ok. Just beat them and move on to the next one. What's wrong with fans, hopefully most UConn fans understand the game a bit better than a chosen few. Wow crazy!
This is not an exception for Andre, you can find the same thing in almost every video posted of him and I love it. There's nothing I enjoy more than beating someone and trash talking while it happens.

I've been taught by plenty how to play correctly. I can't wait until this antiquated way of thinking is phased out of all sports

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Act like you've been there before has it's moments, but if everybody was like that it would be so damn boring.

I'd like watching golf a lot more if there was serious trash talking.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Act like you've been there before has it's moments, but if everybody was like that it would be so damn boring.

I'd like watching golf a lot more if there was serious trash talking.

There's a reason casual's like watching tiger woods golf v. other golfers and it isn't because he's black.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Each one of us have different issues that affect us strongly or weakly in a positive or negative way as well as issues that we have zero concern about. Hence the difference of opinions you so frequently observe expressed in this thread, forum and elsewhere.

Humanity has always been polarized by various issues. However there has never been a time or place in history that has afforded large numbers of people the ease to express their opinions to so many other people which augments polarization over issues.

Life has always been an anomaly in a universe predicated on entropy. Our species has some additional tensions as a result of our biology.

Given our relative physical inadequacies compared to other species plus the long dependency needed for our offspring to survive we turned to tribal existence. However unlike other social animals we have the added advantage of cognitive awareness that works for us when we agree and against us when we disagree.

In general adolescence is programmed to change the family (tribal) dynamic from dependency for survival to independence and the ability to begin ones own tribe.

That process creates synergies and disharmonies dependent on conditions. The family BE made Syracuse our ally relative to the ACC and Duke at the same time it was our sibling rival in the BE. When Syracuse joined the ACC they became one of our most hated teams because they were the sibling we had our greatest arguments with plus they aligned themselves with the tribe we most disliked.

In the tribe called the Boneyard we have a common bond. In the case of this forum it’s the UConn men’s basketball team. But each of us simultaneously belong to several other tribes which we may or may not share common ideas.

I’m not writing anything that the majority of us don’t understand. I’m expressing the fundamental underlying tension that frequently gets buried when we get emotionally caught up over an issue. In the case of decorum there is certainly some aspect of “old tribe” (parents) versus new tribe (children) but quite a few children actually are comfortable with the parents point of view about certain decorums and are defending their parents viewpoints in this thread.

In an era of sound bites (the negative outcome of an abundance of stimuli) we often misdirect our grievances. In an era where many of us have more time for expression because less time is dependent on survival we have the opportunity to be more argumentative or judgmental over issues that are personal to us. And that’s the salient point. What happened in our lives that makes us view an issue the way we do. I’m not arguing against the objective examination of an issue. I’m recommending a reflection of ourselves while we make our arguments.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There's a reason casual's like watching tiger woods golf v. other golfers and it isn't because he's black.

Woods almost turned the culture of golf completely. But then he shtooped too many hoes and crashed his car and became a paraplegic on the course. Bring back hungry tiger.

It's country club vs public course. Need more public course guys

Reaction Score
Can I pull the middle ground on this?

If I'm a coach, I recruit the kid that screams jn the opponents face. I want that fire. We need it desperately.

When he's on the team? You tell the kid if you get a T you sit for the half. Happens once early in the season--lesson learned. All a part of building culture. Easiest fix in the world as a coach. Kids want to play.

Reaction Score
If you’ve never cocked it back and dunked in someone’s face, don’t judge the taunting.

I'm sorry but that's just silly. You don't think that most every other sport doesn't have similar ways to "own" somebody? What makes dunking more inherently susceptible to ridiculous lacks of sportsmanship than going yard in baseball, or breaking someone's ankle in the open field in football, or lapping someone in a long distance race, or pinning them in wrestling?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can I pull the middle ground on this?

If I'm a coach, I recruit the kid that screams jn the opponents face. I want that fire. We need it desperately.

When he's on the team? You tell the kid if you get a T you sit for the half. Happens once early in the season--lesson learned. All a part of building culture. Easiest fix in the world as a coach. Kids want to play.
This.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
The "young" yarders are so 80s with their Mike Tyson and taunting.
Great example of waste of talent because he couldn't handle his emotions. Not an example to follow.

Reaction Score
The "young" yarders are so 80s with their Mike Tyson and taunting.
Great example of waste of talent because he couldn't handle his emotions. Not an example to follow.
If you knew anything about Tyson you'd know that the people around him really messed up his psychology. Hard to put that on what was essentially a kid.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but that's just silly. You don't think that most every other sport doesn't have similar ways to "own" somebody? What makes dunking more inherently susceptible to ridiculous lacks of sportsmanship than going yard in baseball, or breaking someone's ankle in the open field in football, or lapping someone in a long distance race, or pinning them in wrestling?

well my post was mostly a joke, which is obvious if you read the rest of it...but it’s just an impressive highlight from a teenager. Maybe the kid he dunked on was talking trash to him and there was a little something extra behind it...or maybe not. I don’t know.

Reaction Score
Hyperbole much? Head? Yes. Half his body? Not even close.
Watch the video again. Almost dislocates his shoulder because his entire shoulder was above the backboard. Absurd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom