More praise for Andre Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More praise for Andre Jackson

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
God I miss the swagger we used to have. We need dunks like this again while grabbing yer .... Need to get that attitude back. Too many nice guys on the squad. Let’s get grimy. Can’t wait till next year. Tired of this soft junk.
Obviously you’ve missed the swagger of an Akok block. It’s been a while since the team consistently plays off the energy of a player. And when Bouk drives and makes an incredible play at the basket there’s a feeling that’s been missing for a while.

While you wait for next season I’ll start earlier.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Like the kid a lot but no need for that on that kid sorry. That’s not swagger it’s just wrong.

Good news is I’ve been impressed on all videos prior that he never does that, just flies back on defense. I prefer to let the game talk unless it’s payback.
The kid rarely flaunts his athleticism. He’s entitled once in a while.

It’s been awhile that this forum debated player decorum.

Biggest debate I believe was over the bowing of Rip and KFree. Quite a few posters were dead set against them doing it. I wonder if that sentiment still exists.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I prefer when players go up and apologize for taking someone's soul after dunking on them. Show some class
I have no issues with unapologetically taking someones soul. But if I have a choose one or the other, I want the W. I can never forget the conversation I had with a guy after UConn beat LSU handily to go to the Sweet 16:

"Shaq did a number on your guys last night!"
"What are you taking about, we won"
"Shaq had 7 dunks"
"But UConn won"
"Seven dunks with authority!"

Who was happier after that game? LSU or UConn fans?

Reaction Score

Biggest debate I believe was over the bowing of Rip and KFree. Quite a few posters were dead set against them doing it. I wonder if that sentiment still exists.

He flaunts his athleticism every game he plays. He is a dunking machine and frequently yells in the opponent's face like you saw here, like it or not. I've seen him play maybe 10x. Players at all levels do it.

Reaction Score
Where does the 3 point shooting come from? Is it just Bouk?

Cole shot 39% from 3 last year, taking 6.4 per game. Hopefully he will improve a little bit, but that is a solid number given the volume he shot. And I think Akok has shooting ability, so hopefully he will be a consistent threat next year.

I think there is also a chance that Polley starts for a while. I would love for Jackson to be good enough to beat him out, but it wouldn’t be shocking if he started coming off the bench.

Reaction Score

Yeah always cringed when they did it. Turned out ok for them lol.

And as far as Andre that’s why I followed it up with the fact prior to this video he seems totally respectful of his opponents. All good.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
The no fun/old guys yelling at clouds crew checks in.
He flaunts his athleticism every game he plays. He is a dunking machine and frequently yells in the opponent's face like you saw here, like it or not. I've seen him play maybe 10x. Players at all levels do it.
Thanks. The videos I saw including NY dunking contest I didn’t see it.

Reaction Score
Cole shot 39% from 3 last year, taking 6.4 per game. Hopefully he will improve a little bit, but that is a solid number given the volume he shot. And I think Akok has shooting ability, so hopefully he will be a consistent threat next year.

I think there is also a chance that Polley starts for a while. I would love for Jackson to be good enough to beat him out, but it wouldn’t be shocking if he started coming off the bench.
We're going to have some awesome versatility on the wing. Jackson is going to be one of the best athletes in the country and he has good ball skills, Polley is going to be one of the best shooters in the country. A lot of pieces next year, gonna need Cole and Gaffney to find them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's only dumb when Vital does it because he can't back it up consistently. And he has no sense of timing. ie don't go nutz when hit a 3 but are are down 20 with 5min left

My least favorite was when he threw a hard shoulder (after the play) into the chest of some kid on a cupcake team. He got a T for it. But Ollie left him in. Calhoun would have lost his mind.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We're going to have some awesome versatility on the wing. Jackson is going to be one of the best athletes in the country and he has good ball skills, Polley is going to be one of the best shooters in the country. A lot of pieces next year, gonna need Cole and Gaffney to find them.

And Bouk will be starting. I'm counting on Jackson to get 2-3+ assists a game himself

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Where does the 3 point shooting come from? Is it just Bouk?

By subbing in Polley pretty much. We'll have just ok shooting from the perimeter next year. We could really use a sharp shooting recruit next year.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I have no issues with unapologetically taking someones soul. But if I have a choose one or the other, I want the W. I can never forget the conversation I had with a guy after UConn beat LSU handily to go to the Sweet 16:

"Shaq did a number on your guys last night!"
"What are you taking about, we won"
"Shaq had 7 dunks"
"But UConn won"
"Seven dunks with authority!"

Who was happier after that game? LSU or UConn fans?
They’re not mutually exclusive. The entire demeanor of the KFree, Rip team changed Khalid’s freshman year. I believe the bowing players did with each other after a great play was an extension of his arrival.

The year prior the team was run by an overly controlling coach. Khalid changed the atmosphere of the team and the result turned out fine.

It’s hard to know if this stuff is a distraction or up lifting. It’s difficult to disassociate our behavior bias in assessing value or detriment from player behavior.

One thing I’ve noticed is that this years team feeds off Akok’s energy. He doesn’t do in your face stuff but he celebrates after a great play and the team benefits from it.

Reaction Score
Purvis And Vital? Lol. Stop. When I say swagger I don’t mean when Vital makes 1 out of 6 threes and points to his temple. Purvis? Stop.
That one really threw me for a loop, Purvis was about the least swaggy player. Poor guy had very little confidence and his play suffered fot it. Vital has all the confidence in the world but just doesn't have the game to match it.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Dunking contest is different. He's an uber-competitive kid. I'd much rather have to reign a kid in than teach him to be competitive. I think a big challenge with guys like Polley/Carlton has been getting them to just be more competitive.
For the most part you’re correct. Angry competitive people are very difficult to reign in. Jackson does not appear to be angry. I’m concerned about JFB.

Reaction Score
Like the kid a lot but no need for that on that kid sorry. That’s not swagger it’s just wrong.
This could have been an anomaly. If not then he better enjoy the barking while he can.

Div 1, and the Big East will humble him quickly.

Also Stanley's screams were more intimidating any post dunk barking. Just saying Mau, I doubt we see this in college and if so, it will be rare.

Anyway I prefer my assassins to be silent and deadly.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom