More Fuel to Big East Fire | Page 7 | The Boneyard

More Fuel to Big East Fire

Reaction Score
The higher ups on both sodes are gonna deny it until it either gets done or doesn't, them coming out and saying there aren't any "ongoing talks" doesn't really matter.

Reaction Score
I was hoping to join the discussion. Most are underwhelmed by this development. Fox will ultimately dictate.
So if you are looking to "join the discussion", can you offer something other than Uconn and the Big East "don't mix" and "most are underwhelmed"? And if "Fox will dictate" doesn't that mean fit doesn't matter and this is a no-brainer for the Big East?

Reaction Score
What else is there to add? Everything is based off of speculation at this point. Fox has the money and will have a heavy hand in deciding. It is a no brainer for UConn, not so much the Big East. The league is fine without UConn. Add your team is just another mouth to feed.

Reaction Score
1) If UConn wants to make more money, joining the Big East for all sports but football is the best option.
2) If UConn wants to be P5 someday, joining the Big East for all sports but football is the best option.

The Big East has been there, done that, with hybrids and schools biding time. Thus, thoughts like the above and uncertain future performance make the nature of this news underwhelming.

Reaction Score
He is kind of right...NOT as big a no brainer as u think. in a way, the big east folks OFTEN reference the like minded goals and interests of its members as a significant part of its success. So, fit IS important. And folks may be underwhelmed because the football issue isn't resolved....so, the Covo is useless chatter.

I guess the big east residents would say..Looking forward---Why is it a no brainer? Why isn't fit a real consideration?

Reaction Score
He is kind of right..NOT as big a no brainer as u think. in a way, the big east folks OFTEN reference the like minded goals and interests of its members as a significant part of its success. So, fit IS important. And folks may be underwhelmed because the football issue isn't resolved...so, the Covo is useless chatter.

I guess the big east residents would say..Looking forward---Why is it a no brainer? Why isn't fit a real consideration?
Because they may talk about fit, but it's always about the money. Louisville's academics were not a fit for the ACC, yet look how that turned out. Same for the Big 12 non-expansion - no extra money from ESPN despite large state schools that "fit". Maybe the NBE will shun the extra money and take a Catholic school instead but would be a first.

Reaction Score
What else is there to add? Everything is based off of speculation at this point. Fox has the money and will have a heavy hand in deciding. It is a no brainer for UConn, not so much the Big East. The league is fine without UConn. Add your team is just another mouth to feed.

He is kind of right..NOT as big a no brainer as u think. in a way, the big east folks OFTEN reference the like minded goals and interests of its members as a significant part of its success. So, fit IS important. And folks may be underwhelmed because the football issue isn't resolved...so, the Covo is useless chatter.

Do people on your board ever talk about how it doesn't matter what you do because all Big East teams are going to be rendered irrelevant when the split comes and you're on the wrong side? Or do posters there just think that's not happening?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I do not think you find anyone who claims the Big East is currently as good as it was. The past is the past, the future is the future. Call it what you please.
In a better world, we're in the AAC for football and BE for everything else. No UConn fan would deny that. Everyone in the AAC knows that as well.

Reaction Score
In a better world, we're in the AAC for football and BE for everything else. No UConn fan would deny that. Everyone in the AAC knows that as well.
Sure, as long as we can leave the AAC with no penalty each time, and leave the Big East again with no penalty, it would be great.

Reaction Score
But honestly, what does that give the Big East? You guys would always have one foot out the door.

Reaction Score
I do not think you find anyone who claims the Big East is currently as good as it was. The past is the past, the future is the future. Call it what you please.

It seems like people get too caught up in "relevance" and "P5 vs non-P5" with conferences but i feel like in College Basketball it doesnt really matter that much anyways. You don't have to be in a P5 conference to win a championship, we proved it 3 years ago and you guys proved it last year.

I just want to get back to those great rivalries that the Big East gave me when I was growing up. I would always watch when we played Nova because it was always competitive, all the way back to the Ray Allen vs Kerry Kittles days. This kind of competition is great for both programs going forward.

I repect Villanova and Jay Wright, which is why I want to return to playing you guys on a consistent basis. I can't make any claims that I know what is best for the program (as it seems a lot of people on here think they do), but its clear NOVA is the biggest benefit from a basketball perspective if we were to join.

Reaction Score

Are these ppl serious right now? They do know they owe all of their success to us, right? For carrying the greatest and most competitive college athletic conference of all time for over 15+ years and making them relevant right? Funny how 1 Jay Wright title has them forgetting about all the epic meltdowns they've had in March in the past. Bow to your creator.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Hopefully your AD's statement is true. The Big East and UConn do not mix.
I've noticed since CR the biggest demographic opposed to UConn potentially joining the NBE has been Villanova fans.

The fear of no longer being the biggest fish in a pond is painfully transparent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are these ppl serious right now? They do know they owe all of their success to us, right? For carrying the greatest and most competitive college athletic conference of all time for over 15+ years and making them relevant right? Funny how 1 Jay Wright title has them forgetting about all the epic meltdowns they've had in March in the past. Bow to your creator.
Is this the same program that is routinely and summarily dismissed by the Power 5? Why should I bow if they won't?

Reaction Score
I've noticed since CR the biggest demographic opposed to UConn potentially joining the NBE has been Villanova fans.

The fear of no longer being the biggest fish in a pond is painfully transparent.
Do you happen to have a link or documentation to support this claim?

Look, I am sorry I am injecting some friction into your plan to hang out in the Big East until a better offer comes along. No one is afraid of UConn. Virtually every Villanova person I know respects UConn, values the rich tradition of our leagues glory days, but, also recognizes that in this day and age nothing is for certain. Going forward UConn is a liability for the Big East. Both on the court and with the schools clearly stated desire to land in a power 5 conference.

Sorry moderators, thanks for letting me stop by. I will move on.

Reaction Score
Well umass just graded up right? At least you guys had some successful years in the past.
Even with a massive curve and with zero past success, at best umess is pulling a D-. No UConn fan nor fan of any school other than ND now and maybe Army with both a rational mind and any reasonable common sense wishes to pursue football independence. @jgeorge322

Last edited:
H

huskymagic

Dogs>Cats
UCONN>NOVA
4>2

UCONN will return NOVA to its proper place in the pecking order #2. Thank you #2.

Reaction Score

Yikes dude. When people stereotype UConn fans as smug knownothings who think MCBB started in 1990, this is why. Nova guy thinks he is being low-key with his subtle trolling but I think that was still a bit much.

Reaction Score
It seems like people get too caught up in "relevance" and "P5 vs non-P5" with conferences but i feel like in College Basketball it doesnt really matter that much anyways. You don't have to be in a P5 conference to win a championship, we proved it 3 years ago and you guys proved it last year.

I just want to get back to those great rivalries that the Big East gave me when I was growing up. I would always watch when we played Nova because it was always competitive, all the way back to the Ray Allen vs Kerry Kittles days. This kind of competition is great for both programs going forward.

I repect Villanova and Jay Wright, which is why I want to return to playing you guys on a consistent basis. I can't make any claims that I know what is best for the program (as it seems a lot of people on here think they do), but its clear NOVA is the biggest benefit from a basketball perspective if we were to join.
No one would be worried if there was a guarantee that the status quo would hold. In that case, UConn would already be BE bound. The worry comes from the real possibility that the Alabamas and Ohio States of the world, who are the ones truly in charge of big time college sports, might decide that the much discussed time has finally come, for them, and their brethren to divorce themselves from the small programs that they see as leeches, sucking the blood of the schools who truly generate all of the revenue (their opinion, not mine). If this happens, and you are not P5, you will be relegated to mid majordom, and this includes the BE. UConn, and the other major G5 programs fear this, which is why they're desperate to receive the upgrade, which they know won't come if they downgrade football. If you think being in the AAC sucks, imagine being in a situation where your league has limited, or even zero access to the big boy postseason tournament.

Reaction Score
Yikes dude. When people stereotype UConn fans as smug knownothings who think MCBB started in 1990, this is why. Nova guy thinks he is being low-key with his subtle trolling but I think that was still a bit much.

Lol. You must be one of the delusionals on here. nice to meet you

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom