Mora's Transfer Portal Options | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Mora's Transfer Portal Options

Reaction Score
One QB I’d keep an eye on is Tony Muskett from Monmouth. He has a 34:9 TD:INT ratio and was also the Big South offensive freshmen of the yr as well as being voted 5th for the Jerry Rice award.
I guess I could look it up myself, if I weren’t so lazy, but why is a qb from Monmouth in the voting for the Jerry Rice award? Is Monmouth in the Big South conference?

Reaction Score
Step 1: get the big uglies that can block.
Episode 2 Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Let’s be realistic people. No 4 or 5 star is going to come here year 1. He is going to need a year or two to build it up especially with the acceptance guide lines. The only way he does is if he turns it into the division one last chance U. You may have to go get the players with some troubles off the field. But all I ask is please don’t say the guy who’s a former 4 start that’s in the portal is going to pick uconn over mich cuz we hired jim mora (great hire btw) but that’s Not gonna get us major players just yet

You have no idea. It matters what position they play as UConn has put a number of players in the pros. So your statement holds very little in reality of 2021-2022 College football

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I doubt it. He will probably go the Will Levis route and transfer to a mid-tier P5

Let's us live in our land of delusion as we don't need anyone screwing with that

Reaction Score
I guess I could look it up myself, if I weren’t so lazy, but why is a qb from Monmouth in the voting for the Jerry Rice award? Is Monmouth in the Big South conference?
Because he was the 5th best freshman in FCS. They are.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Let’s be realistic people. No 4 or 5 star is going to come here year 1. He is going to need a year or two to build it up especially with the acceptance guide lines. The only way he does is if he turns it into the division one last chance U. You may have to go get the players with some troubles off the field. But all I ask is please don’t say the guy who’s a former 4 start that’s in the portal is going to pick uconn over mich cuz we hired jim mora (great hire btw) but that’s Not gonna get us major players just yet
Wait, didn’t you say you weren’t gonna post here anymore? Well, I for one am glad you changed your mind. Your unbridled enthusiasm and generous spirit would’ve been greatly missed.

Reaction Score
Wait, didn’t you say you weren’t gonna post here anymore? Well, I for one am glad you changed your mind. Your unbridled enthusiasm and generous spirit would’ve been greatly missed.
Old post bro… but damn am I happy I’d be missed

Reaction Score
To be honest, the transfer market for qb seems to be the way to go for non P5 teams.

unlike other positions, a really good backup just sits. you can theorectically just take a transfer every other year as your qb.
look how many qbs UConn recruited out of high school. they haven’t had a high school recruit qb finish 4 years here since Bonislawski, which was 2006. And, haven’t had a starting qb come in as a frosh and end the career as a starter since orlovsky.
that is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
To be honest, the transfer market for qb seems to be the way to go for non P5 teams.

unlike other positions, a really good backup just sits. you can theorectically just take a transfer every other year as your qb.
look how many qbs UConn recruited out of high school. they haven’t had a high school recruit qb finish 4 years here since Bonislawski, which was 2006. And, haven’t had a starting qb come in as a frosh and end the career as a starter since orlovsky.
that is ridiculous.

We've def had starting QB's come in as Freshmen and end their careers since Danny O.... Casey Cochran for example...

Reaction Score

that is ridiculous.I agree with your point about In the 3 recruiting classes from 2011 to 2013, UConn brought in some really good QBs:
I agree with your point about brining in transfer QBs, but UConn recruited some very good QBs in the 3 years from 2011 to 2013:

2011: Mike Nebrich
2012: Casey Cochran, (plus Chandler Whitmer)
2013: Tim Boyle, Richard Lagow

Unfortunately, the PP/GDL coaching staff mismanaged most of them and, unfortunately, Cochran had a career ending injury. Diaco in 3 years brought in only 2 freshmen QBs: Tyler Davis and Donovan Williams, who both became TEs. What a disaster.

Reaction Score
We've def had starting QB's come in as Freshmen and end their careers since Danny O.... Casey Cochran for example...
Nope. Check out the careers. casey played like 7 games in his career. He graduated here, but had to give up football. He didn't play.

Boyle, Lagow, Nebrich all left. Whitmer was a transfer. Pindell a transfer, Lorenzen a transfer. Frazier a transfer. DJ didn't finish career at QB, Donovn Williams transferred...Cody Endres flamed out.

Anyone else?

I guess McEntee, but he wasn't even a preferred walk-on.

Reaction Score
Nope. Check out the careers. casey played like 7 games in his career. He graduated here, but had to give up football. He didn't play.

Boyle, Lagow, Nebrich all left. Whitmer was a transfer. Pindell a transfer, Lorenzen a transfer. Frazier a transfer. DJ didn't finish career at QB, Donovn Williams transferred...Cody Endres flamed out.

Anyone else?

Facts. Horrible track record.

Reaction Score

Anyone else?

Missed my sarcasm.... we know Casey's history of concussions. You said we haven't had a UConn QB come in as a freshman and end his football career here, Casey technically came in as a freshman and ended his football career here. Its my way of poking fun at how awful our QB situation has been over the years with injuries etc.

Reaction Score
Interesting checking the portal to see that our old recruit Re-al Mitchell who chose Iowa St over us is going to San Diego after already transferring to Temple.

Reaction Score
Jacob Zeno out of Baylor looks like a name to keep an eye on. Twitter Follow by Mora, EJ Barthel, and Charlton.

Mora is following several QBs in the portal.
That would be awesome. We really need at least two QBs

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Does Coach Mora take a transfer and a high schooler at quarterback? That is the question or does he bring in two transfers from the portal.

I have a feeling the portal will be used a lot which makes sense

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom