Mora's Transfer Portal Options | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Mora's Transfer Portal Options

Reaction Score
Not sure if it is accurate, but Crispino said during today’s game that UCF has 36 transfers on their roster.
Yes, they have close to that number. They also have 22 R-Seniors on the roster. UConn has 3.

Reaction Score
You want a kid that can’t stay healthy?
I think as an entire offensive unit, we need to know what we're gonna do. Right now, kinda hard to see/understand what we're doing. One thing is certain, unfortunately, is that the opposing team's defense already know what we're doing before the ball is snapped.

We need competent coaching that not only coaches, but has that psychological know how that motivates kids to execute.

Reaction Score
I think as an entire offensive unit, we need to know what we're gonna do. Right now, kinda hard to see/understand what we're doing. One thing is certain, unfortunately, is that the opposing team's defense already know what we're doing before the ball is snapped.

We need competent coaching that not only coaches, but has that psychological know how that motivates kids to execute.
Did you say "EXECUTE"?

Reaction Score
Have either of them coached anywhere? I get their alums, but coordinators are kind of important.
They’re definitely not coordinator material, but might help in recruiting to bring them in as assistants. Heck, bring in Dan O as QB coach.

Reaction Score
Did you say "EXECUTE"?
I did. This team as bad as we've been still keeps me on edge. I still believe we're gonna turn this thing back in the right direction.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
You think he will leave? He has shot to be starter there still, no? He is a player I think will stay P5. But if no P5 school has interest I think UCONN would have just as good of a shot as G5’s.
I don’t know, kind of a tough move to transfer to the school that your brother is playing and take his starting spot away from him. I’d love to have him though.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If he made a phone call to all openings right now do you they’ll say hell no to Mora? He wasn’t on anyone’s radar cause he took a break from coaching. But if he wanted to, I’m sure he could of coached after the Bruins let him go he did a fantastic job there.
80% with FBS ambitions wouldn't take the call. Anyone thinking FCS or has priorities other then FB might. It is just the way it is.

Little known fact, we aren't the only program with coaches that have NFL ties. We just fired one.

Reaction Score
I don’t know, kind of a tough move to transfer to the school that your brother is playing and take his starting spot away from him. I’d love to have him though.
I would too, just think he either stays or transfers to another P5.

Reaction Score
One QB I’d keep an eye on is Tony Muskett from Monmouth. He has a 34:9 TD:INT ratio and was also the Big South offensive freshmen of the yr as well as being voted 5th for the Jerry Rice award.

Reaction Score
You think he will leave? He has shot to be starter there still, no? He is a player I think will stay P5. But if no P5 school has interest I think UCONN would have just as good of a shot as G5’s.
Given Swinney's unprecedented intent to hit the portal, chances are Clemson may target a QB transfer. Who knows whether the possibility influences Taisun Phommachanh's plans.

Reaction Score
Tyler Rudolph 4* Safety from Connecticut is in the Portal out of Penn State. Talented player however there may be some off field questions to sort out. He was removed from the team awhile back for undisclosed reasons. Maybe a fresh start closer to home could help him out?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dillon Gabriel!

j/k, but that would be an amazing get

Reaction Score
Tyler Rudolph 4* Safety from Connecticut is in the Portal out of Penn State. Talented player however there may be some off field questions to sort out. He was removed from the team awhile back for undisclosed reasons. Maybe a fresh start closer to home could help him out?
FWIW, Rudolph had an offer from UConn out of HS.

His scouting report from 247:

Physical specimen who carries 205 pounds like it is 180 pounds. Great burst and reads plays well. Has free safety ability and strong safety mindset and build. Plays downhill in run game and is willing to be physical. Runs extremely well. Loose hips allow him to turn and run with receivers in man coverage. Has closing speed. Physical with jams. Re-routes receivers well. Needs to be more instinctive against pass. Consistency with form tackling must improve. Sometimes struggles to get off blocks. Footwork in transitioning from backpedal and when flipping his hips needs to be cleaner. Immediate contributor and multi-year starter at Top-20 program. Projects as a third-round NFL draft pick.

Reaction Score

Fortunately we aren't hiring a bunch of guys with training wheels on and coaching out of their position or in dual roles. I think there will be great accountability if Mora can get everyone on the same page. It seems he has the communication and management skills to do that.

Reaction Score
I have reviewed the transfer portal and there are a fair amount of three star athletes who seem to be over recruited at their existing universities. I’m hoping the new staff can mine the portal for some instant impact players.

Reaction Score
1638154660017.png

1638154698346.png

Both in the portal from Illinois, I know it may be wishful thinking, but if Marinelli could grab 1 or both that would be a huge kickstart to rebuilding the secondary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom