Mora's Transfer Portal Options | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mora's Transfer Portal Options

Reaction Score
I do not see any top players coming to UCONN soon. Not yet. Maybe in a few years. These guys want to be studs on top bowl teams. We're not there, but I trust Mora. I bleed Husky Blue down here in Tar hole country.

I do believe Mora and top OC and DC will get top pipeline in about 3 years.

Hopefully I am incorrect,.

On another note, tomorrow is going to be a UCONN TV day (BB Men and Women as well as FB) !!!!!

Reaction Score
I'm sorry, I just realized Rosebud and I said basically similar thought. I hadn't read posts yet. Great input Rosebud.......

Reaction Score
Here is the thing about 4 star linemen and linebackers in the transfer portal...they weren't playing...so maybe they really aren't 4 star players?

4 star is what they were out of high school...I am sure a 4 star who went to Purdue and hasnt gotten on the field the first 2-3 years was probably overrated. But...may be a good fit here.

In general...yes...four star players are out of reach. But the transfer portal is another animal.
I'm thinking they saw the writing on the wall with young recruits and freshman being better than him. Example would be the clemson brother of Puma.

Reaction Score
My guess is most transfers, especially grad transfers want to go somewhere and win in their last season or two. JUCO is probably more viable, but we may be able to land a couple impactful transfers.

Reaction Score
We absolutely need to find a starting qb in the portal. Tyler P tore his acl and that means he likely won’t be ready for the season. And I know we are all ready to anoint him, but he played very little. We need competition. A great qb solves a whole host of issues.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Let’s be realistic people. No 4 or 5 star is going to come here year 1. He is going to need a year or two to build it up especially with the acceptance guide lines. The only way he does is if he turns it into the division one last chance U. You may have to go get the players with some troubles off the field. But all I ask is please don’t say the guy who’s a former 4 start that’s in the portal is going to pick uconn over mich cuz we hired jim mora (great hire btw) but that’s Not gonna get us major players just yet
I could be wrong but wasn't UMass's QB a highly rated transfer portal get? If UMass can land a QB like that, I see no reason why we can't. People wanna say it's a pipe dream but a lot of these kids want to play. Our schedule gives them national exposure and they'd get on the field right away. For a kid with NFL dreams, playing for Mora and getting instant PT is a win in my eyes.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
You guys are forgetting one very important thing. We are recruiting to a bottom 5 program at the moment. For all the optimism one might muster for the Mora era, any transfer is going to look at how well positioned that team is to win immediately as most are on a one or two year plan. Yeah, some will prioritize playing time, coaching staff, campus, the other players, etc. but one can find those things and feel like you have a decent shot at winning.

I want Mora to cast a wide net, including guy being recruited over at top 10 programs, but let's not act like we have first pick at those kinds of guys or any guys really.

Reaction Score
We know we have nothing. We are a bottom FBS squad. We have a coach with NFL bonafides and playing time available as our most appealing facets.

Reaction Score
Mora‘s job is to change the paradigm we will start to get some 4 stars in the mix! It is not impossible to upgrade recruiting everybody on here needs to stop posting negatives! Stop the losing attitudes! This is part of the problem!
We have a Coach now who is positive, a decent schedule and great facilities. Once MORA puts his staff in place there is no reason recruiting won’t improve. His recruiting classes at UCLA were very high.

Don’t be so negative to the Boneyard negativity.

Reaction Score
We absolutely need to find a starting qb in the portal. Tyler P tore his acl and that means he likely won’t be ready for the season. And I know we are all ready to anoint him, but he played very little. We need competition. A great qb solves a whole host of issues.

Calhoun is still coming, yes?

Reaction Score
I could be wrong but wasn't UMass's QB a highly rated transfer portal get? If UMass can land a QB like that, I see no reason why we can't. People wanna say it's a pipe dream but a lot of these kids want to play. Our schedule gives them national exposure and they'd get on the field right away. For a kid with NFL dreams, playing for Mora and getting instant PT is a win in my eyes.

Are you thinking URI? Who beat UMass in Amherst and got their coach fired.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Coach Mora will continue to watch practice and give his input to see who can help and who needs to move on. With his contacts he will do a decent job with recruiting this year when the players know the offense and defense they are going to run.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Are you thinking URI? Who beat UMass in Amherst and got their coach fired.
Yes that was it. Thank you. I remember one of the threads mentioned it. I should have remembered that it wasn't UMass considering I watched that game and clearly their QB was not who I was thinking of.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Only kid I want from the portal as of now

Reaction Score

Only kid I want from the portal as of now

You think he will leave? He has shot to be starter there still, no? He is a player I think will stay P5. But if no P5 school has interest I think UCONN would have just as good of a shot as G5’s.

Reaction Score
Well damn I didn't know that. I really think Tyler is going to be the reason this team turns around quickly. Sure his throwing mechanics are a bit off, But when he planted his feet and set to throw, he had a pretty strong and accurate arm. He had happy feet a lot which forced to make off balance throws. I think with literally any OC that knows how to call plays, this team is scoring a lot of points.

What’s funny is that you weren’t describing Tyler Lorenzen but still almost described him to a T.

Reaction Score
Here is the thing about 4 star linemen and linebackers in the transfer portal...they weren't playing...so maybe they really aren't 4 star players?

4 star is what they were out of high school...I am sure a 4 star who went to Purdue and hasnt gotten on the field the first 2-3 years was probably overrated. But...may be a good fit here.

In general...yes...four star players are out of reach. But the transfer portal is another animal.

TBH, there are probably legit 2 star guys in the portal that are better than the talent we have on hand.

We literally have a team that on a good a day can hang with Wyoming and Vandy for a few quarters, but also would lose to UMass most of the CAA and was lucky to beat Yale.

If we are landing four star anything out of the portal we should throw a party.

Reaction Score
He was? He wasn’t on anyone’s radar.
If he made a phone call to all openings right now do you they’ll say hell no to Mora? He wasn’t on anyone’s radar cause he took a break from coaching. But if he wanted to, I’m sure he could of coached after the Bruins let him go he did a fantastic job there.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
If he made a phone call to all openings right now do you they’ll say hell no to Mora? He wasn’t on anyone’s radar cause he took a break from coaching. But if he wanted to, I’m sure he could of coached after the Bruins let him go he did a fantastic job there.
Listening to the interviews, it isn't entirely clear. I think it was the Athletic interview where Mora made it sound like he wanted to coach in college again and he wasn't getting interviews.

Which is weird to me....the guy has a pretty good track record. He did say he had NFL offers..but he wanted to coach in college.

Reaction Score
ADs have become weary of hiring "retreads", in the P5 poaching a successful head coach or the next hit coordinator seems to be what excites fan bases. Mora was a good pick for us, may not have been as well received elsewhere.

Reaction Score
ADs have become weary of hiring "retreads", in the P5 poaching a successful head coach or the next hit coordinator seems to be what excites fan bases. Mora was a good pick for us, may not have been as well received elsewhere.

I think he took the right amount of time off. I think more of these coaches get burnout than we realize.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom