Mora's Transfer Portal Options | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Mora's Transfer Portal Options

Reaction Score
You may be getting some good news on The QB Front soon. Taquon Roberson from Penn State may be coming your way in the near future. Good kid with some skills. Needs a fresh start but he should be able to compete with who you currently have on the roster.

Reaction Score
You may be getting some good news on The QB Front soon. Taquon Roberson from Penn State may be coming your way in the near future. Good kid with some skills. Needs a fresh start but he should be able to compete with who you currently have on the roster.
I hope you are wrong. Because this qb is terrible. Maybe he is just for depth, but we need better.

Reaction Score
I hope you are wrong. Because this qb is terrible. Maybe he is just for depth, but we need better.
He is? Do you have info the validates what you're saying? Because I'd hate for us to waste our time.

From what I can see from afar (way far away) is 4 star kid coming out of HS that does what most of the QBs rated that high do. Definitely avoid us, or teams on our level, and focus and competing for a spot at the P5 level.
Only difference this time around is that extra year due to COVID. An opportunity to have an extra year to go elsewhere and have a better opportunity, albeit, at a lower level, but still FBS, to showcase one's talents.
For years, we've lacked adequate competition at QB, among other things. And, now that the Admin department has finally loosened the reigns on the program, why not take a shot at this kid? He just couldn't get that QB1 opportunity at PSU.
I say we go for it, unless, like I asked earlier, you show legit proof that he lacks talent.

Reaction Score
He is? Do you have info the validates what you're saying? Because I'd hate for us to waste our time.

From what I can see from afar (way far away) is 4 star kid coming out of HS that does what most of the QBs rated that high do. Definitely avoid us, or teams on our level, and focus and competing for a spot at the P5 level.
Only difference this time around is that extra year due to COVID. An opportunity to have an extra year to go elsewhere and have a better opportunity, albeit, at a lower level, but still FBS, to showcase one's talents.
For years, we've lacked adequate competition at QB, among other things. And, now that the Admin department has finally loosened the reigns on the program, why not take a shot at this kid? He just couldn't get that QB1 opportunity at PSU.
I say we go for it, unless, like I asked earlier, you show legit proof that he lacks talent.
He was terrible against Iowa. That was a win turned into a loss and sent PSU spiraling. After that, I don’t think he played.

Now, he may be a good fit for staff coming - more of a RPO type qb, which is not what PSU runs. I trust the staff to find right fits across the board. I just know he looked overmatched when PSU needed him.

Reaction Score

Yeah I actually took a few minutes and watched him play against Iowa. No bueno.

What did you do?

Reaction Score
He was terrible against Iowa. That was a win turned into a loss and sent PSU spiraling. After that, I don’t think he played.

Now, he may be a good fit for staff coming - more of a RPO type qb, which is not what PSU runs. I trust the staff to find right fits across the board. I just know he looked overmatched when PSU needed him.
Compared to what we've had and who we've gone up against I say bring him here. He's seen stuff we haven't seen on a more consistent basis that could very well prepare us at the very least.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
We are going to take flyers on some of these portal kids and some will work out and others won't. Just glad we are actually using the portal now.

Reaction Score

Sean Clifford who started the last three years at Penn State looked just as bad against #3 Iowa FYI.

Reaction Score

Two things.

1)I've watched more than enough Uconn Football to say that he can compete with anyone currently on the roster given an opportunity. How he performed coming off the bench against a top 4 Iowa team on the road should have little baring on whether he can win the job on a team whose only victory came against an Ivy League School. Right now your options are Krajewski and a one legged Tyler Phommancah.

2)He may actually want to go to Uconn.

Both of those reasons should make him an appealing potential option.

Reaction Score
We are going to take flyers on some of these portal kids and some will work out and others won't. Just glad we are actually using the portal now.
Amen. We need to. That holier than thought path we were talking/taking was leading us into one direction.... back to D1-AA

Reaction Score
Two things.

1)I've watched more than enough Uconn Football to say that he can compete with anyone currently on the roster given an opportunity. How he performed coming off the bench against a top 4 Iowa team on the road should have little baring on whether he can win the job on a team whose only victory came against an Ivy League School. Right now your options are Krajewski and a one legged Tyler Phommancah.

…and as I recall at the end of the last game, Steve K was one legged as well.

Reaction Score
Two things.

Preach brother

Reaction Score
Sean Clifford who started the last three years at Penn State looked just as bad against #3 Iowa FYI.
His team was winning 17-3 with all the momentum on his side. He doesn't get knocked out of the game things may have unfolded very differently that night.

Reaction Score
Two things.

Wanting to go to UConn should not be enough - ever. Has anyone come here that didn’t want to?

The real q is Have you ever watched his college film? He may be a good fit - I said that earlier - but his film makes him look closer to a Difton-level 4 star. We all want better play at thee position, but let’s not act like a sailor getting off a sub after months at sea staring at fat chicks from the deck. Have some pride.

Reaction Score
If posts 255 and 256 do not sum up this whole recruiting thing, I do not know what does.

Yeah, it sure does. Some people make judgments based on what they see on the field. Others still give weight to how players were rated, or projected by coaches, coming out of high school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom