Mora's Transfer Portal Options | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Mora's Transfer Portal Options

Reaction Score
I feel like no one on this board is a younger brother... If they played different positions, yeah go after him. But trying to bring in the older brother to take over the younger brothers position... Talk about rubbing salt in the wound when the younger is hurt.
I feel you on this, but if we can pull Taisun here, then I see Tyler moving to WR. He's too good not to have the ball in his hands.

Reaction Score
I feel you on this, but if we can pull Taisun here, then I see Tyler moving to WR. He's too good not to have the ball in his hands.
Move Tyler to Wr and have him sit on the bench? I don’t see him beating out the WRs we have for a starting job. And I’d rather not have Taisun since it seems like he’s always hurt

Reaction Score
Move Tyler to Wr and have him sit on the bench? I don’t see him beating out the WRs we have for a starting job. And I’d rather not have Taisun since it seems like he’s always hurt
Tyler tore his acl after two games - there is no guarantee he is not injury prone like his brother. Coach Mora needs to bring in at least two qbs to compete for starting job. If he feels like Taisun is worth it, he should offer ASAP.

Reaction Score
Then moving him to RB. Just keep him getting touches.

Reaction Score
Highly unlikely but can we hope that with the coaching change, Tyler Van Dyke leaves Miami and Mora can get him back home!

Reaction Score
Highly unlikely but can we hope that with the coaching change, Tyler Van Dyke leaves Miami and Mora can get him back home!

-> "Just talked with Tyler Van Dyke's father," Ivins said Monday on Twitter. "I don't get the sense that the Miami QB wants to explore options in the transfer portal. Only way that would happen is if Mario didn't want Van Dyke, which is a scenario that would be hard to see playing out." <-

Reaction Score
I count >60 uncommitted FBS QBs in the portal right now. And, there have to a number of FCS QBs available as well. Hopefully, we can find at least 1.

Reaction Score

-> "Just talked with Tyler Van Dyke's father," Ivins said Monday on Twitter. "I don't get the sense that the Miami QB wants to explore options in the transfer portal. Only way that would happen is if Mario didn't want Van Dyke, which is a scenario that would be hard to see playing out." <-

I think it's going to depend on who Cristobal picks as OC and what type of offense he wants to run. If they decide to go with an RPO offense, that doesn't seem a fit for Van Dyke.

Reaction Score

Connection with Polizzi who coached st UTM

Right now, we're still in pipe dream world with something like this... younger brother getting major big boys looks .. kinda reminds me of the Medlock brothers... We got the older one to come here but the younger one was a little better then signed with The U...

We gotta show something to these kids they haven't seen in order to really start get things rolling... My opinion....

Reaction Score
Right now, we're still in pipe dream world with something like this... younger brother getting major big boys looks .. kinda reminds me of the Medlock brothers... We got the older one to come here but the younger one was a little better then signed with The U...

We gotta show something to these kids they haven't seen in order to really start get things rolling... My opinion....

Seem like a pipe-dream now, but it won't next year after Mora gets some donors to set up our own non-profit for OL ;)

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Someone mind translating into English?
So far I found Jayden Gibson, who just decommitted from Florida. His top 8 schools (Baylor, Miami, FL, Auburn, SC, Georgia, etc.) did not include UConn.
Looks like Nick Evers, considered #8 QB in the recruiting class, also decommitted.
What this has to with our program is very unclear.

Reaction Score
Seem like a pipe-dream now, but it won't next year after Mora gets some donors to set up our own non-profit for OL ;)
Best return on investment a donor can make for his/her team right now is OL and a pass rusher. Not a lot of competition in the market right now before teams realize what a dominant OL can do for your offense. Get 3 or 4 top guys in now and watch how Texas does 2-3 years from now. We should ABSOLUTELY be doing this. One end rusher does that on his own. Let's be smart in this new reality. Almost no QB's, however great their talent can overcome a bad line or last long if they're taking a beating every week.

Get multiple donors to "adopt" a position group each and watch how that competition goes between them. This should be a top priority for Dave Benedict now that coaches are in place. Heck, why doesn't the Boneyard adopt a position group (I suggest OL) to promote the site? I'm in for a quick $100 for starters. We got some lawyers to help set this up?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best return on investment a donor can make for his/her team right now is OL and a pass rusher. Not a lot of competition in the market right now before teams realize what a dominant OL can do for your offense. Get 3 or 4 top guys in now and watch how Texas does 2-3 years from now. We should ABSOLUTELY be doing this. One end rusher does that on his own. Let's be smart in this new reality. Almost no QB's, however great their talent can overcome a bad line or last long if they're taking a beating every week.

Get multiple donors to "adopt" a position group each and watch how that competition goes between them. This should be a top priority for Dave Benedict now that coaches are in place. Heck, why doesn't the Boneyard adopt a position group (I suggest OL) to promote the site? I'm in for a quick $100 for starters.

i like boneyard sponsor idea.

Reaction Score
So far I found Jayden Gibson, who just decommitted from Florida. His top 8 schools (Baylor, Miami, FL, Auburn, SC, Georgia, etc.) did not include UConn.
Looks like Nick Evers, considered #8 QB in the recruiting class, also decommitted.
Jayden Gibson showed interest Rivals…is all, don’t need to write a book to simply make a point. Glad you took the time.

Reaction Score
Evers followed by Mora, Charlton, Pehrson

Reaction Score
@UCONNRPh

-> Phommachanh has heard from California and Florida State, among a host of other Power Five programs, since announcing his intent to leave Clemson after three seasons. Ole Miss, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Colorado, and South Carolina are also in the mix.

Cal could be a serious destination because of Phommachanh’s familiarity with the coaching staff. Justin Wilcox recruited him coming out of Avon Old Farms, where he was a four-star recruit and the top-ranked prospect in Connecticut. He was also pursued by Florida State before the school fired Willie Taggart. <-

-> Despite his roots, Phommachanh doesn’t appear interested in returning home to play for UConn. According to his father, Phommachanh would prefer to avoid competing with his brother, Tyler, who is recovering from a torn ACL and LCL in his left knee.

“He feels that’ll be like slapping Tyler in the face,” Sam said. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom