Momentum | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That guy is a complete jerk. Don’t lump me in with him.

Wanted Geno over Dan Hurley.
Hmmmmmm.....August 27, 2011....why is that date so interesting? I wonder.....

-Javy

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That guy is a complete jerk. Don’t lump me in with him.

Wanted Geno over Dan Hurley.
I thought you wanted Geno over Hurley too? Is this duel account situation starting to meld together?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought you wanted Geno over Hurley too? Is this duel account situation starting to meld together?

I just wanted Geno from the start, you’d be crazy not to. I’m good with Hurley. Jimmy still mad.

Upstanding citizen @CTMike can attest we are different people.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Hmmmmmm.....August 27, 2011....why is that date so interesting? I wonder.....

-Javy

Normally I’d guess the Lakers beat the Supersonics, but it being August and the Sonics having moved to OKC.... probably not.

Google tells me it was Hurricane Irene. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I just wanted Geno from the start, you’d be crazy not to. I’m good with Hurley. Jimmy still mad.

Upstanding citizen @CTMike can attest we are different people.
CT Mike? Well okay then. He has a ton of street cred, brought a 3 year old to the UConn happy hour which is clearly hardcore and a positive trend for new age parenting.

Reaction Score
CT Mike? Well okay then. He has a ton of street cred, brought a 3 year old to the UConn happy hour which is clearly hardcore and a positive trend for new age parenting.

You should’ve seen the look on Mrs. CTMike’s face when I told her that her hubby was known as the nicest guy on the BY.

Reaction Score
Normally I’d guess the Lakers beat the Supersonics, but it being August and the Sonics having moved to OKC.... probably not.

Google tells me it was Hurricane Irene. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Ok.
Time for me to hit the sack. Work calls tomorrow.
Thanks Jimmy er Whaler for a spirited debate. I do enjoy the banter. Really I do.

God bless all you BY’ers and your families. We have so much to be grateful for. Things like that damn Toronto massacre and Waffle House tragedy puts things in perspective for me. So freakin sad. Smh

Catch you guys later!

Reaction Score
We need to bring DJ Husky back. The message board poster, not the DJ.

Reaction Score
Getting a couple of years past Diaco before doing anything would be a rational move.
Five years is the appropriate horizon. We are in year two. In 3.6 years the pathway forward will be really clear. Today it is not.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Adding another idea.

Get people in compliance who can count.

You know, to hear Edsall talk about the scholarship rules in one of those interviews in between the early and second signing date I got the impression he doesn't actually have it all nailed down tight. The 25 head cap creates a slew of nuances.

Reaction Score
And as far as making money, here is a little bit of other data on most profitable college sports:

#88: University of Montana Football (FCS) $3.47million
#100: UConn BASKETBALL $2.25 million
#120: Montana State University Football (FCS) $1.43million
#123: The Citadel Football (FCS) $1.27million
#128: Valdosta State Football $991K
#131: Stony Brook LACROSSE $951K
#132: UConn Football $891K
#133: Southern Utah Football $851K
#138: Furman Football $790K
#140: Murray State Football $764K

One can look at this data and say that we are making more money than most FCS football teams so it supports the stance that we would make more money at the FBS level but one could also say that there 4 FCS programs that currently DO make more money than us at the FCS level so it is possible that UConn can still make some money playing at the FCS level. Arguably, not as much as they COULD make if the team played better or had a different conference affiliation but this thread was discussing that if that didn't happen, the school would rather drop football altogether then have and FCS team....which I am not thinking would be the case.

But in my short time here in the boneyard I've realized that outside perspectives and thoughts are generally not met well. I'm ok with that though.
Do you have a source and methodology for the computations above?? What is your definition of "making money". Pretty sure UConn's football losses are "massive" as someone said. I'd be interested in the accounting method.

Reaction Score
I would not be upset if UConn football moved down to the FCS. I know that is blasphemy but if that is the level we should be playing at then let's do it.

If you read my posts, I am not pushing to move to the FCS at all!

YOU might not be upset with a move to FCS, but a majority of season ticket holders (myself included) would cancel immediately.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pssst...In case you didn’t know, there are UConn fans that exist that don’t participate in the BY. You do get that right? And for any of those fans who decide to enter the dark world of the BY they will appear to be a newbie with a vested interest until the inhabitants deem them credible....
Interesting point. I can't take it seriously though since it isn't from a credible poster.

Reaction Score
Interesting point. I can't take it seriously though since it isn't from a credible poster.
Credible shmedible. You guys take this stuff too seriously. Focus on the message (either good or bad) Not the messenger
Sheesh

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Have we decided who Hornet22 is tied too at the program? My money is on Kevon Jones who played for the East Hartford HORNETS. I have high hopes for K. Jones, could be a real good one.

Reaction Score
Have we decided who Hornet22 is tied too at the program? My money is on Kevon Jones who played for the East Hartford HORNETS. I have high hopes for K. Jones, could be a real good one.
Best post EVER!

Nope...Try again. Close though

Maybe I’ll PM you who I really am.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ah. Thanks for the clarification

Question, do you like the D Line signing today?

We generally haven’t had luck with non-QB transfers but he plays a position with a huge need so yeah it’s good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom